David Has Invited KITT Owners To His February 14th Concert

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: David Has Invited KITT Owners To His February 14th Concert

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:44 pm

I truly do not know what the controversy is here.

Let's take the personalities out of it and just look at the events themselves:

David Hasselhoff is doing a concert in California five weeks before Knight Rider Festival. He's extended an invitation to have replica owners bring their cars to the show. If they can make it, great. If they can't, so be it.

Will this hurt the Knight Rider Festival? Barely. Maybe there are some people who can't make both shows and may decide to attend David's event rather than the Festival. But I think that's kind of a GOOD problem to have that we have too many Knight Rider events to attend.

I think it's fair to say (and hopefully he'll forgive me for this) that Steve rubbed people the wrong way with his earlier post about Paul. Fine. But should that prevent him from trying to get people to attend an event with David Hasselhoff? Absolutely not.

kngt2k: I get nervous when people who don't post often suddenly speak up to complain about active members. In many ways I actually do agree with you: Paul Casey needs to invite David Hasselhoff to Vegas and do whatever he can to get him to attend. But that doesn't mean you should be accusing other people of "absolute arrogance."

These are not competing events, people. Let's not try to present them as such.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote: I think it's fair to say (and hopefully he'll forgive me for this) that Steve rubbed people the wrong way with his earlier post about Paul. Fine. But should that prevent him from trying to get people to attend an event with David Hasselhoff? Absolutely not.
Except that its John, not Steve :D . Unless you are blaming some Steve guy , than I will just look the other way and let you....I am not the kitt2k you are looking for...

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:48 pm

:roll: As I was saying ,come to Vegas,see the stars of the show,and guarantee to meet thee cast and crew of Knight Rider and most of all have fun and make some money for a worthy charity

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

kitt2k wrote:Except that its John, not Steve :D . Unless you are blaming some Steve guy , than I will just look the other way and let you....I am not the kitt2k you are looking for...
You are not the kitt2k I am looking for... you can go about your business...

I had lunch with Steve Saturday so I had "Knight Rider Steve" on my mind. Sorry about that. I think maybe I'll just keep quiet for a bit and not further confuse my brain.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:06 pm

knightconuk wrote::roll: As I was saying ,come to Vegas,see the stars of the show,and guarantee to meet thee cast and crew of Knight Rider and most of all have fun and make some money for a worthy charity
Yes, we all know you are Team Paul here. Yay, Vegas....I hope Hasselhoff attends!!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Gentlemen,

Can we have a little less bickering please, as everyone here is a member of the Knight Rider team, and that's more important than allowing pettiness and posturing to seperate our fandom. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Matthew wrote:Gentlemen,

Can we have a little less bickering please, as everyone here is a member of the Knight Rider team, and that's more important than allowing pettiness and posturing to seperate our fandom. :good:

Matt
Well Mike started it when he called me the wrong name, but I guess I can forgive him 8)

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Well, not quite sure what changed, but opened my email about an hour ago to find a new e-mail message from Charlene, David's personal assistant, stating the following:

John, David says thank you but there is now no time for the meet.
Keep us updated on the Vegas date and we'll see if that would be possible.
Thanks. Charlene

Followed by this one in my Twitter Direct Message box from David:

John, sorry plans changed hoping for Vegas

So the event for this weekend is now off, I have contacted all that were planning attending, and now there is some hope for the Vegas Festival attenders, as I DIRECTLY conveyed to David all the Festival details, so he is very much aware of them, and sounds like there is a shot of him coming.

If he confirms something to me, I will post it. In the meantime, looks like hope is alive for a Vegas showing from the man himself.

Just wanted to keep everyone posted....glad I got this today, and not tomorrow, as I would have been on the road with KITT!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Countless members have conveyed to David, his staff, and his friends about Knight Rider Festival II including myself, Paul Casey, Steve Fawcett, and various fans and supporters of our event across the fandom from hoffspace to twitter. We have been posting promotion of KRF II since it was officially announced. This was a team effort to make sure he is aware of the event. I guess we made some measure of progress. Everyone deserves credit for their efforts.

Thanks again for supporting the event and our collective efforts to raise money for sick children and to make Knight Rider Festival II the most positive experience possible. As my friend Dave Doggett would say, The best is yet to be.

=VK=
:dash:

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:11 am

Just one thing that sticks in my mind still

Why would you tell David abotu an event you clearly hate,I have not been umpleasant asking this, David is more than aware of the event as they have featured it on his official site,I guess i can do more than say good morning to him :lol:

and to say I am "team Paul" or whatever I am team the hobby ,car owners,events ect,which i guess will continue for countless years to come

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:24 am

knightconuk wrote:Just one thing that sticks in my mind still

Why would you tell David abotu an event you clearly hate,I have not been umpleasant asking this, David is more than aware of the event as they have featured it on his official site,I guess i can do more than say good morning to him :lol:

and to say I am "team Paul" or whatever I am team the hobby ,car owners,events ect,which i guess will continue for countless years to come
The people who know me know how dedicated I am to this fandom, and the replicas that go with it, and the big part I played in making last years bigger guests be a part of it. Sometimes though, you have to question what is not right, and on this, there are questions every replica owner should be asking, and MANY have contacted me with support for the issues I have asked about, stating that until answers are received, that they will also not participate. Yet the event organizer does not respond.

I reached out to help, and somehow got branded by a bunch of folks as being a Knight Rider Festival hater, and that is furthest from the truth. It is a great opportunity to meet some great people involved in a show a small but dedicated group of us love, and truly we are a small group, and I think that is the biggest part that was forgotten in this whole situation.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:05 pm

the event this weekend is now off? what? you mean his valentine's day concert? because his daughters tweeted today about how they were arriving in sacramento for his concert, and were excited. they asked who else was attending.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:55 am

the concert is going on yeah,his first one in a while should be fun

IHeartKITT
Operative

Post by IHeartKITT » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:58 am

So did anyone go to see DH at his concert to-Knight with their KITT cars? Do tell...

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:52 am

i didn't but i posted some videos from facebook and a picture..

http://tinyurl.com/ygjqkor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:24 am

The videos are nice.Anyone have any videos of what happenede after the concert when he went out to see the kitt cars awaiting his arrival or any pics of him with the kitt cars from the concert?

The second clip when he's singing to California girls reminded me of the road trip game Michael and kitt played where he just couldn't name that very song he sang on stage.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:21 pm

he's asking where to go next.. please everyone.. join our group on hoffspace! he's watching!

http://www.davidhasselhoff.com/group/th ... kslasvegas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:49 am

I'm interested in finding out how the little gathering of kr replicas went after his concert.Was there one?Any pictures or videos of it?