Gaffs and Goofs

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Gaffs and Goofs

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:14 am

In Knight in Retreat, after Michael releases his parachute from KITT, KITT stops in front of the gate of the place. The footage shown of KITT stopping is clearly set in reverse because his scanner is 'trailing' backwards and there's dust in front of the car instead of behind it. The footage is also used in the proper order when KITT reverses from his position, which makes the 'oops' clearly evident.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jemima97
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Jemima97 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:39 am

In many episodes, you'll notice that there are Comtron trucks in the background which were reused from the pilot :)
KITT: My worst nightmares are being realized, Michael -- I can see me now -- tin cans, TV dinners, garbage can lids....

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:35 am

as we all know to save money tv shows used stock footage knight rider was no different and would use driving scenes and the like over again in many episodes it really began to show even with KITT in the 4th season when he had the new front nose fitted and there would be stock footage from previous seasons of him with the older nose but who cared didnt stop me still watching it then and doesnt now still love the show
michael;i've got a problem.
devon;my dear boy,dont be so modest,you have a wide range of problems.

thetruckdriver
Volunteer

Post by thetruckdriver » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Yeah, that's a good point. Makes you laugh though!

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:39 am

I noticed in "A Plush Ride", the scene when Michael's been rendered unconscious and (is it Jacobs?) who goes out to try and open KITT's door - and fails.

He tries the knife (times 2) and then shoots it - then you see him thump the door in frustration - and puts a dent in it!

Then when the raid cars pull off, the second (brown) one is all smashed up - with no explanation...

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:14 am

if you notice in"A good knights work " in the scene where the 2 guys are trying to steal KITT mk calls for him hes attached to the tow truch wheels spin smoke everywhere as the camera pans in you see the smoke and hear the screeching of the tyres but KITTs wheels arnt spinning (very quick pan)

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:47 am

here are some screen caps of various bloopers and landings.
does this look like MK?
notice the front end? no scanner
Charger blows up
then car burning is a 4 door Dodge
ImageImage
notice the camera man in pass seat?
rear hatch is open

knightbas.
Volunteer

Post by knightbas. » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Can we have an explanation for the rest of these pics please? I can't see anything wrong with the very first pic (in the semi), and the close up of KITT's rear wing? It might just be me being daft!

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:05 pm

noticed in knight of a thousand devils when delorca is chaced by micheal at the end KITT pulles a 90 and he dives into the rear quarter panel if you watch the panel kaves in as the stuntman hits it either the panel was built to do that or that was a very sore stuntman ouch!!!

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:54 am

knightbas. wrote:Can we have an explanation for the rest of these pics please? I can't see anything wrong with the very first pic (in the semi), and the close up of KITT's rear wing? It might just be me being daft!
I didn't post the pics, but I think I know what's wrong with them. And in picture order...

1. Part of the semi is missing (lower right corner) showing the soundstage floor.

2. Camera crew reflected by KARR.

3. Yeah, THAT is not Michael (although it's a great shot of KITT).

4. Where's KITT's switch-pods around the steering wheel?

5. Looks like some debris (under the charger) from the ramp.

6. I'm not so sure about this one. The caption says the scanner is missing but I think it's just turned off.

7. The charger is stopped for the explosion. The first explosion had the charger moving.

8. The burning car is definitely not a charger. The back end is a different shape.

9. Looks like a lot of dirt got inside KITT during the landing.

10. There's always a gasket breaking off during any kind of landing. Even KITT suffers from it.

11. Caption says it all. Michael likes to take a cameraman on a quick ride through town sometimes. :lol:

12. Front-end damage to KITT after the initial landing...

13. and then it looks like the rear suspension just failed.

14. This one I'm not so sure about. I think it looks like a rolling camera mount hooked to KITT's rear bumper...but I'm probably wrong.

15. KITT's trunk is open.

Just my two cent's worth.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:25 am

sorry for the lack of explanation. I was posting the sound stage for the semi. Look in the right side you can see someone with a clipboard.
Also #14 KITT is pushing the truck out of the way. The trucks wheels are on a dolly in order for it to be pushed back.
some of the landings are posted to see the impact of the jumps.

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:34 am

#10 is the fender dented from the landing.

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:30 pm

walter h. anderson wrote:
knightbas. wrote:Can we have an explanation for the rest of these pics please? I can't see anything wrong with the very first pic (in the semi), and the close up of KITT's rear wing? It might just be me being daft!
I didn't post the pics, but I think I know what's wrong with them. And in picture order...

1. Part of the semi is missing (lower right corner) showing the soundstage floor.
Yes, I noticed that - it's from The Final Verdict. There's a crew member with a script on his/her lap, and they try to edge out of shot when Michael is backing out, but it doesn't make any difference. Funny thing is, I've only ever noticed it when watching the episode on TV, not on my DVDs - and it's a honking great blooper to miss!
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

knightbas.
Volunteer

Post by knightbas. » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:54 pm

Thanks for the explanations folks!

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:22 pm

noticed this boob along time ago and thought i would post it this is a scene from"no big thing" when devon escapes from jail as you can see KITT's air con needs a bit of work there's no windscreen! :)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:14 am

David mentioned how it was hard wearing a leather jacket in 110 degree weather in a black car with no air conditioning on the season 1 commentary.I guess this must have been one of the ways they made it easier for the driver who had to wear the chair to drive kitt in autopilot mode.

knightbas.
Volunteer

Post by knightbas. » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:00 am

Also in this sequence from No Big thing, there is a shot from the rear of KITT, and through the back window you can clearly see the stock dash in the stunt car.

ronnie
Stranger

Post by ronnie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:14 pm

In s3e6, "K.I.T.T. vs. K.A.R.R.", when Karr is pulled out of sand where he was staying for two years, he has all-black finish but later in the same episode we see that his lower body is silver.
Attachments
karr 1.jpg
karr 1.jpg (48.63 KiB) Viewed 24794 times
karr 2.jpg
karr 2.jpg (52.57 KiB) Viewed 24794 times

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:03 am

This might be some sort of a editing problem. When Karr crashed into the back of the semi I believe they cut out a section of the show where it maybe shows Bonnie being forced to help perform maintenance on Karr which also probably included painting part of him silver, possible to help distinguish himself from Kitt.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:05 am

If I remember right, he had the kid paint him half silver so he would no longer be recognizable, and so he wouldn't look like the "inferior production line model." It is explained somewhere in the episode.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:09 pm

ronnie wrote:In s3e6, "K.I.T.T. vs. K.A.R.R.", when Karr is pulled out of sand where he was staying for two years, he has all-black finish but later in the same episode we see that his lower body is silver.
If my memory serves me right, (which I'm sure it does) in KITT vs KARR, when John is first talking to KARR, KARR says to John, "my circuitry needs repairs, and i want to alter my apperance." the silver on the bottom, is the altered apperance part. it wasnt a mistake. :karr: :kittspin: :kittconv: :kittside: :kitt: :kitt2: :dash: :dash4:
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

TurboBoostMan
Operative

Post by TurboBoostMan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:22 pm

I just thought of something else. In "KITT vs. KARR", when KITT and KARR Turbo Boost into each other, KARR's bottom half is silver. But when we see KARR at the end of the episode when the green light is beeping, to show is that he's still alive, KARR's front bumper (which was a part of the bottom half) , is all black.
"One Man Can Make A Difference" - Wilton Knight

ronnie
Stranger

Post by ronnie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi guys, I watched the episode again that is Knight Rider - S03E06 - K I T T Vs K A R R (Dvd Rip) file running 48 minutes 48 seconds. TurboBoostMan is right, Karr says "I want to alter my appearence" at 16:20 but John does not want to cooperate. At 24:05 Karr persuades John and they go after the semi, attack and steal the laser from Bonnie. At 27:02 Karr is seen with his silver lower body for the first time. So, he must have got his appearence altered between the scenes though no one mentions anything about it nor there is any scene which shows the alteration. I agree that this is something related to editing, cutting scenes in order to make it fir for the supposed timeline, 48:48. Thanks for all the comments.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:22 pm

I can answer this K.A.R.R. paint job alternation question.

I happen to own a signed version seven (PROD. #58617), K.I.T.T. vs. K.A.R.R. script signed by David Hasselhoff and the following passage is described in the script but never defined in the episode itself:

EXT. BANK - DAY

It's early AM as K.A.R.R. slides out of an alley in the
morning light and pulls into a parking lot next to a small
bank. There's no one in sight except a little Old Lady
punching buttons at one of the windows marked, "Quick-Cash
-- 24 Hours". K.A.R.R., we now see, has been repainted
with John's help; black top, silver side panels.
He looks
sharp.

ANGLE AT K.A.R.R.

It's been a tough night. John looks the worse for wear,
tired and tense, on edge.

K.A.R.R.
Go to the cash computer. I'll do
the rest.

The funny thing about this reference in the script is that if John repainted K.A.R.R. with the silver to help alter his appearance, how would he do that and still have the protection of the Molecular Bonded Shell? Clearly if he just painted silver over the top of the MBS black, the paint would have chipped and scrapped off during K.A.R.R.s battle with K.I.T.T. yet the paint magically remains unscathed even after crashing through a concrete support pillar.

I find that a blooper in itself unless we are to believe that somehow Bonnie was able to reapply the MBS over the new paint scheme? If so that would imply that either Bonnie or K.A.R.R. know the formula for the MBS which would be unlikely if it was established in Goliath that only 3 people knew the three parts to the formula and no one person had the complete recipe.

Even when Bonnie repairs K.I.T.T. in Knight of the Juggernaut, she is not able to reapply the MBS until after they've returned to the Foundation facilities.

Makes you think doesn't it? I guess it's one of those things you just overlook for the coolness factor. I really like how they altered K.A.R.R. in the episode and it was brilliance on the part of producer Ron Martinez who modeled K.A.R.R.'s two-toned look from the paint styling of a corvette.

=VK=
:dash:

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Thanks to the DVD sets, my 'newest' favorite is a quick drive by shot from Season 4. It's both so easily removable and obvious, it just only makes sense that they meant to get away with it. Can't remember which episode it came from. But, at one time, I wanted to make it my ID pic for KRO.

Anyhow, it's like three seconds of footage. If it was left out, the episode would have been zero percent effected. The shot contributed nothing at all. KITT drives by the camera from right to left. That's it. HOWEVER...KITT's paint job is SO reflective that the camera man, his Hollywood camera and entire rigging are mirrored in the door. Thus, revealing how KITT was always able to make those impossible, remote video shots.