For those who would not want to see the GT500 return as KITT

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

adrianna
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: For those who would not want to see the GT500 return as KITT

Post by adrianna » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:18 pm

Pierre wrote:actually if knight rider where a french show I would have prefert an exotic car

why not the audi TTRS 4WD 5 cylinder 2,5 liter and almost 400 hp ? ^^

I agree, Audi would be perfect, TT or R8, OMG!!!
What do you think Image ????
Although the question is where would the scanner go???!
:kittconv: :D
---------------------
SEAN: Who's driving?!
KI3T: I am.
SEAN: Forget the driving, who's talking?!!!!
KI3T: I am, you may call me KITT...
----------------------

HILARIOUS! :kittconv:

Slim_Knight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Slim_Knight » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Well, it is not a French show but an American one. Anyway, moving on... :lol:
Been watching a lot of Top Gear the last several days. :D
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Slim_Knight wrote:Well, it is not a French show but an American one. Anyway, moving on... :lol:
Been watching a lot of Top Gear the last several days. :D
Awesome show BTW!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:13 am

how about this for an alternate body for KI3T?Image and this for the hood?Image

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:10 am

you don't understand what I mean lol. To keep the car hot and mysterious it need to be exotic . I saw the 4 taxi movies form Luke Besson it used a french car that quicker than the fastest train in the world lol ,but I can't go with it cause It's a common car like mustang in the states etc ,so why knight rider was famous in europe? Cause it used an exotic car for us ,Trans am an mustang were never sold here. And a lot of people ask what kind of car are they when I drive my self imported mustang it turned all head cause I'm the only one the have one in a 150 km range

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Kal-el4 wrote:how about this for an alternate body for KI3T?Image and this for the hood?Image

I could see it. Scanner would look sweet right in that fiber hood. Using this car would work for a movie or something that was a modern retelling of the original story but I wouldn't want them to use it in the context of continuing from KR08.

The only problem with using that car that I could see is that the Chevy Camaro is associated with the Transformers franchise via Bumblebee. Not the kind of thing that would really bother most of us in the audience but it's the kind of stuff producers and Hollywood types might be put off by.

iKITT
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by iKITT » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Yes it's true that the Camaro is seen as a Transformers vehicle, but they could always use one of the concept TAs being built (There are at least three versions to choose from so far and talk about promotions for the company picked for the task of building the cars should there be a movie/use a concept TA at all). People can even buy them if they've got the cash, as companies that are customizing Camaros are buying the cars to sell pre-made albeit in small numbers. Then it really wouldn't be an issue of "Oh, well they used that car in Transformers." It would be more like "Where can I get one of those? I thought Pontiac closed?!" Of course, I'm not sure if there would be legal issues there or not. Since they're stopping production of Pontiacs, but keeping the rights to the division, it makes it difficult to determine. Would they bring the hammer down on a car that isn't even really in existence but merely looks like a TA and claim that as some kind of illegal action, or would they let it go? Anyone's guess is as good as mine. But I digress, I'm rambling on.

On a similar subject, hat hood is a good fit for scanner placement although I'm not too fond of the two vents on it. They look more like they belong to a car's air conditioner vents than they do to that hood. Otherwise, it looks great.

KamenRider
Recruit

Post by KamenRider » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:41 pm

I'd also have to wonder if in legal terms the whole KR franchise is basically tied in with Ford Mustang since the series which would then prevent them doing anything using cars from another company for any official KR project. Especially if there is even the slightest scrap of hope for KR08 to get picked back up again.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:12 am

:D Hello There Everyone,

:good: Forgive me here but, I can not see KITT 2000 or 3000 in any other car then either the Mustang or Trans Am. I am half Irish and half Italian and I know that in Italy they have some impressive sport cars even better then an Audi. But, for me I always fantasied about KITT being used in a Cadillac. Those cars are built for speed and luxury and could be made for use in the show. Heck, the model that I own is as extinct as the Fire bird Trans Am. My car is 10 years old and is an Eldorado. My car is big and roomy enough to made to do all of the stuff KITT did in the recently cancelled tv series. Cadillac stopped making my model car in either 2002 or 2003 and do have other models that can work in either a new tv series or movie. If James Bond can have a fancy car for his use then why can't Michael Knight use a Cadillac? I think it would be cool to see KITT turbo boost or do the other things he does in a Caddy. I just love the thought...

Take care and have a good night and morning,
Michael P. Nepa :kittconv:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:29 am

:D Hello There Everyone,

:good: I can't see any legal issues with Pontiac here since they are not much of a company these days and don't forget in the Knight Rider Pilot that aired back in February 2008 Trans Am was mentioned and the car its self shown briefly in Doctor Graiman's garage. In fact, two were briefly were shown and yet in the original show KITT was only able to be mentioned as either a black car or T-Top. Besides, given proper credit and permission I don't how you can have any legal issues anyway. Whether a deal is struck with Pontiac, Ford, or Cadillac no legal issues can happen. So, with with either Knight Rider 2008 or Movie I don't see how any of those companies can sue if some sort of deal is worked to have permission used any of those vehicles. I know that any form of Knight Rider won't move on unless they have some sort of agreement in place to use said car for the show or movie. Also, it should not matter whether or not if that car type was used in another movie. As long it is a good car and makes since for the tv show or movie is all that matters. Just like with my car type (Cadillac Eldorado 2000) is obsolete, I still think it will work with Knight Rider.

:kitt: Maybe Ford is tied up with Knight Rider since they were used for Team Knight Rider and Knight Rider 2008 TV Series and Pilot Episode. Who knows? I just want the show back and I hope it does come back soon... :kittconv:

8) Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:57 am

you mean lamborgini? there made by WV and audi lol it's why they are better buil than Ferrari and you can't beat a 4WD sport car it's why lambo offer now the quattro system as well