Here are some new designs!

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KFCreator » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:53 pm

Hey guys, here are some brand new designs! The 2 that I'm posting here are the color pic of KITT in SPM and KITT in convertible mode. Hope you like! Look for my new dash drawings to appear soon too! :-)

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:01 pm

As the riddler said on seeing the batmobile....."Now thats Impressive !"

i love it, and im sure everybody else does too, thats exactly the type of thing id love to see in the new film.

scott

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:50 pm

Maybe it's just me but I can't see the pic's. I am getting broken picture links.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:46 pm

OK, there working now, must be my internet explorer. Disregard last post! Nice job!

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:44 pm

Fantastic!

I saw a modern Pontiac yesterday that would make a great KITT. Wish I had the camera.

BlazeFox
Rookie

Post by BlazeFox » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:10 am

I hope that you duplicate those piccies and make sure to send them to D.H.

I like the look and shape of the car.
Its wicked that you're sticking to a Pontiac.
I wish there was some way to have a driver side cowl induction hood though.. like the 82's. But you're workin with what you got and whats already existent so thats a smart concept.

-Blaze

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:28 pm

WoW! cool!! especially like the rear end!! how much more modified is your rear end (pardon me!!) from the original car you based your drawings on?

KITT431
Recruit

Post by KITT431 » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:23 pm

That is simply awesome!!!!

Pathogen
Volunteer

Post by Pathogen » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:47 pm

98+ 'Bird! SWEET! Always wondered what Kitt would look like with my body style. (hmmm . . . )

But I've gotta give a Thumbs down on the Euro-tail lights . . . it's boarderline 'rice'. . . and the wing . . . but that's just my personal opinion ;) -- sweet pics!

(Personal opinion not meant to offend anyone.)

-- note made; if KARR came back today . . .
Last edited by Pathogen on Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:21 pm

Wow, I was surprised to log on to the board today to see such a (relatively) old post of mine back up in the highlight of the board but I must say that makes me happy that people are still interested and commenting! Thanks for the compliments guys and happy holidays to all in advance!

I've been meaning to explain a little bit about why i designed KITt the way I did and I figure it might interest some of you designers or just regular Knight Rider enthusiasts out there as well. As far as the "normal" design of KITT goes (non-SPM and non-convertible), I didn't really modify the basic Firebird design that much. I chose to stick with Firebird and not Trans Am because when I started out sketches of KITT in the 4th generation Trans Am body-style, I just didn't like it. I thought the Firebird's front end looked much more true and similar to the original 1980's KITT car. I went with a chrome look on certain parts of the car to give it a unique and stylish look that would set it apart from regular Pontiacs on the street. Plus, it gave me a way to make the front end look like it had a distinct "nose." Also, you'll notice the parts tha
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:21 pm

sorry, I guess my last post was so long that some of it got cut out. LOL

Anyway, the parts that were chrome are also some of the parts that come out during SPM mode. As far as the bowling ball hubcaps went, I didn't go with them because I figured if I was gonna modernize KITT totally, he needed a completely fresh new look and that meant changing the wheels too. As far as SPM mode goes, I designed it to be an "evolution" of KITT's original SPM design, only sleeker and more streamlined. I know a lot of people wanted the oriinal cowl induction hood back but since I decided not to go with it in normal mode, I figured making it pop up in SPM would be a nice tribute and feature. The back end of the car was not meant to be "euro" in style, just the next step in design from what the original SPM design looked like. So, that explains just about everything that I can think of but if anyone else has any more quetions, feel free to post or E-mail me!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:18 pm

:D That thing is gorgeous :D
You gotta send that to Revolution Studios.
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:49 am

Yes, i think that the new KITT should look very similar to the 98 Firebird that Pathogen has. Can anyone Photoshop an animated GIF of the red sensor into Pathogens car to see what it could possibly look like?? It would be interesting to see!

The only thing I would change on it would have a slightly larger more stylised spoiler on the back. [There's nothing wrong with yours Pathogen, just KITT has to look a little more agressive] :)

Adam