VK10

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

VK10

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:38 am

*Blows some dust off the old account after sorting through junkmail, usually experienced while on a long hiatus from home and then hangs up a new 2010 avatar on the wall. Cracks open a can of Mountain Dew and begins to type away at the keyboard amidst a KRFII wallpaper of KI2T and KI3T.*

*ahem*

To the community of Knight Rider Online,

I've had a long time to think about things and it's been awhile since I've been back on Knight Rider Online and it's great to return. I just want to say that I'm greatful for this opportunity right now to be here again and talk to the fans here on KRO.

The most important thing I have to say is thank you so much to those members out there and friends across the world for never letting me be forgotten. I owe everything that I have accomplished in this fandom to people like Glen, Scheffe, Steve Fawcett, The Knights of the West Coast, and Catherine Hickland who continue to support me, to those who helped with my book and continue to add it to their collections, friends who give me sound advice, and to the fans online in communities like this one who appreciate the efforts made to keep the spirit of Knight Rider alive.

Things were said last year, actions were taken, and feelings were hurt. 2008 is dead now, and that's left me in charge of answering for things that were done. Now, I can be theatrical, verbose, and maybe even a little overly passionate about my beliefs when it comes to Knight Rider - but one thing I am not, is a liar. I am an artist and a writer. I love the original series and I highly admire and respect Glen A. Larson.

Some of that loyal support has led me to travel down some pretty treacherous paths over the years and I said things that upset this community. For those things I have said that may have offended someone or hurt feelings, I sincerely apologize.

This is 2010 and I'd like to start fresh again. One of my New Year's resolutions was to be more patient and to be more aware of people's emotions and how to practice more understanding with how to cope with them.

I've made some bad choices and I've accepted the consequences of those choices.

My goal now for this new year is to meet new friends, rebuild bridges, and share with you the community the exciting things that are coming down the pipeline as Knight Rider continues to evolve in the future.

With grand events like Knightcon and the forthcoming Knight Rider Festival II in March, Knight Rider is still very much alive in the hearts and minds of everyone who was inspired by its influence. Whether you collect memorbillia, raise money for charity, build replica cars, attend events, or participate on forum boards - every fan who still picks up the torch with a black car and a scanner on it, makes a difference.

Glen A. Larson has not given up on the fandom and he is doing everything in his power to give you the Knight Rider motion picture he's promised that he knows you deserve. He wants to make sure the story is solid, the design of K.I.T.T. is solid, and that when his updated vision turbo boosts across the silver screen, you are not disappointed.

Glen has expressed a profound interest in reaching out to his fans and he is making efforts to do so in the year to come. Glen has not given up on you, I ask that you, the fans do not give up on him.

While I have done some things that have upset members here, I ask that you don't give up on getting to know me as well. I have shouldered and created a lot of conflict here in the past, but in this new year my intentions are to honestly and truthfully bury the hatchet with those individuals out there whom I have offended online.

Some of you will be skeptical and you have every right to be. All I ask is the fair chance to show that agendas can change and more importantly people can change. I ask that you display a measure of respect and patience when associating with me, especially when we don't agree and I will gladly return the favor. Change takes adjustment and with adjustment you need patience.

I do not claim to know everything, especially about Knight Rider and I am not perfect. I am passionate, educated, and open to learning and sharing new things. I make mistakes just like everyone else and I learn from those mistakes.

Please try not to judge a book by its cover. Often people will dislike me for the wrong reasons but find that we can be good friends if they would only just talk to me directly about their concerns. My PM box is always open and I don't expect you to agree with me, just to respect me.

Like a new book, let's write a new chapter with a fresh beginning and see where things go.

I'm not going to promise you that I'm a changed man, I'm going to promise you that I'm a better man.

The rest is history.

Thanks for your time and your understanding. Together we will make a difference and keep the spirit of Knight Rider alive for another generation of fans to enjoy as we move into the future.

=VK=
:dash:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: VK10

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14 am

I can't believe I'm the first one to day this but...welcome back Victor! Make yourself at home.(Psst) Neil,lock up the good china and liquor cabinet.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:44 pm

In the spirit of a new year, welcome back. I know we have not quite seen eye to eye but start afresh and if the moderators believe you deserve another chance, then I'm more than willing to do the same and trust their judgement.
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

AZKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by AZKNIGHT » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:03 pm

It takes a big man to step forward and admit fault and that they are willing to change. I'm not entirely sure the history or issues that happened, but I applaud you for these words of action.
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

focus709
Rookie

Post by focus709 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Having met and got to know Nick at Knightcon, I can wholeheartedly say that he is one of the nicest and knowledgeable people in the Knight Rider community.

While remaining outspoken, Nick is also a humble individual who, I think, is still in awe of the following Knight Rider still enjoys. Just seeing him chatting to people who attended Knightcon, it's clear that he is passionate about our hobby and still has a lot more to give.

As has been said before, it's easy to misinterpret typed words when you can't hear a tone in someones voice and I believe this is what has happened with Nick. Something that can be typed as factual can come across as being arrogant.

Ok, now that I've removed myself from Nicks bottom, I shall go read his book!!!

You should too.

Mike
"A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree." Spike Milligan 1918-2002

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Welcome back!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Yes, welcome back, Nick! I look forward to meeting you at the Festival in March. I do hope you'll have some of your books there for sale, as I plan to buy one from you and get your autograph. :)
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Ahh what the heck it's a new year, welcome back VK!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:43 am

Thank you all for your kind words and understanding.

=VK=

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:02 pm

WELCOME BACK!!!!! I agree with you that KR lives on in the Hearts of the Fans(I've been one for Nearly 28 Years). I hope 2010 is a Great Year for all KR Fans. :good: :good: :good: :good:

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Nick,
It was a commendable for you to "man-up" and come back with your hat in your hand. Everyone is entitled to make mistakes. I think life is too short for a lot of childish bickering on this, or any web board. At the end of the day it's nothing but a damn T.V. show. Everyone has a point of view and just because someone thinks they're right, doesn't mean that they're going to change someone else's mind. That's the very reason I never discuss politics or religion. At any rate, welcome back. Let's all try to make 2010 a better year.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Great to see you back Nick!

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Hey- cool!
Nice to see you back.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Nice to see you back. You were missed.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 am

welcome back nick!
in glen larson we trust.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:54 am

Welcome back Nick! :D It's been forever since you've posted here!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Welcome back Nick. Ive missed your frequent updates on the status of the Feature Film. I noticed over at Knight Registries on the bottom of your posts that it says the movies been pushed back to 2012. The last official update I remember from you was that Larson was working on the 3rd draft of the script. Can you update us on its current status? Thank You. Again welcome back. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and I also wish you a happy Healthy New Year. Actually that last sentence goes out to the entire KR Online community as well.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Knight Rider 2012 is the proposed release date of Glen's Motion Picture which is still in development. I am not permitted to explain the reason for the date change at this time. I would wager that a great deal of getting Knight Rider fast tracked into production is the success of the A-Team reboot movie which I believe looks pretty promising so far.

Glen is currently working on what is now the third rewrite to the Motion Picture script. His desire is two fold. First to see a Knight Rider motion picture happen in his lifetime and second, to give you the fans a movie that is worthy of the title "Knight Rider". This takes finding the right studio which is commited enough to make a movie true to Glen's updated vision and the passion to do it to the standards audiences expect from a big budget action movie.

Glen will be attending Knight Rider Festival II and I am sure he will field some questions about what he has in store for you in the years to come.

When I know something more concrete that I am allowed to disclose, the fans will know about it. Anything else you may hear about the project from sources other than myself or Glen is pure speculation at this time.

Hope that helps answer your question and thanks for the support.

=VK=

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Welcome Back :D

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:58 pm

your thread really touched me man!!!welcome back!!!