Knight Rider Rated In Worst Tv Shows Of The Decade

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Stealthwalker
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Rated In Worst Tv Shows Of The Decade

Post by Stealthwalker » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:44 am

I came across this "interesting" article last night while surfing the web and saw that they rated "Knight Rider (KR08)"
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
in this poll. I'm not trying to promote any negative pubilicity on KR08 because I, myself am also a "fan" of this show, I just wanted to share this information amongst the online community here at this website.
Here is the link to the article, if anyone is curious http://insidetv.aol.com/2009/12/11/wors ... -the-2000s.
Other than that, I hope that everyone had wonderful & prosperous holiday and that we continue our lives with prosperity in the New Year of 2010.
HAPPY NEW YEAR Knight Rider Family!!!! :kitt2: :spm: :spmgo: :kittspin: :kittconv2:
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Re: Knight Rider Rated In Worst Tv Shows Of The Decade

Post by DevonStyles » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:32 pm

lol, are you suprised?
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:27 am

DevonStyles wrote:lol, are you suprised?

No, not really but I will say "Thank God" the show did not end up being rated no. 1 in that poll.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:53 pm

ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR HONKIN' MINDS???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? WHAT IN GOD'S NAME WERE THEY SMOKING, SNORTING, DRINKING, ETC.??? I think KNIGHT RIDER 2008 was One of the BEST Shows of the Decade!!! This show was far better than Most of the Dreck that is on TV Today!! Of course, I remember they didn't like the Original KR, and we all what Happened, Don't we? :kitt: :karr: :kittconv: :kittside: :kitt2: :dash: :dash4:

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:54 am

Code: Select all

I think KNIGHT RIDER 2008 was One of the BEST Shows of the Decade!!!
Why did the series then ended that early? I am sorry but it is one of the Worst Tv Shows Of The Decade. Look @ the ironic way: Eaven Team Knight Rider has more epsiodes !!!! And this is a fact !!! But people like the show and we must exapt the people. Facts are Facts. The show is ended and this is a fact. :roll: :roll:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:25 am

Josch Schulz wrote:

Code: Select all

I think KNIGHT RIDER 2008 was One of the BEST Shows of the Decade!!!
Why did the series then ended that early? I am sorry but it is one of the Worst Tv Shows Of The Decade. Look @ the ironic way: Eaven Team Knight Rider has more epsiodes !!!! And this is a fact !!! But people like the show and we must exapt the people. Facts are Facts. The show is ended and this is a fact. :roll: :roll:

I think that "KR08" had some good ideas incorporated into the show to give a "modernized spin on Knight Rider", however, I think that those ideas were not properly executed by the showrunners, but all in all the series was not too bad. My only beef with the series was that it did not "push the envelope hard enough for car stunts with K.I.3.T."
I mean we got a "Turbo Boost" here and there along with some chase scenes, but it did not have that same "stunt magic" from TOS. In my opinion, I think that KR08 would have been more successful, if the series had incorporated unique stunts for K.I.3.T. rather than overly rely on CGI.

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:42 pm

If they hadn't wasted so much money on the giant sound stage or the excessive cast members -- they would have had a lot more money for car chases and TOS style stunts.

Instead -- we got a ton of green screening.... and actors staring at computers for the whole time-episodes.

So yeah -- KR08 was probably one of the worst of the decade. If it weren't for Nostalgia, I doubt I would have watched.

TKR got closer for a season 2 pickup than KR08 -- the ratings in syndication were quite respectable. TKR was cheap to produce, also. KR08 was dead as soon as the management shakeup occurred at NBC. It had no chance for renewal.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:49 pm

That article spoke the truth here, this KR08 was the end of the KR TV franchise for me, it just sucked, didn't work at all, thank god the original will remain a classic.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:15 pm

If they hadn't wasted so much money on the giant sound stage or the excessive cast members -- they would have had a lot more money for car chases and TOS style stunts.

Instead -- we got a ton of green screening.... and actors staring at computers for the whole time-episodes.

So yeah -- KR08 was probably one of the worst of the decade. If it weren't for Nostalgia, I doubt I would have watched.

TKR got closer for a season 2 pickup than KR08 -- the ratings in syndication were quite respectable. TKR was cheap to produce, also. KR08 was dead as soon as the management shakeup occurred at NBC. It had no chance for renewal.
All true! TOS was a combination of Sci-fi and real life events/stunts. The turbo boost, ski-mode, SPM, you name it, everything was real. They had this little monitor that worked like a GPS and the function of analyzing buildings with the infrared scanner, awesome stuff. In KR08 everything was replaced with a big ass head up display with tons of readings which I bet could create a massive distraction for your eyes while driving. I myself can't drive with a parking ticket reflected on my wind shield, how on earth did he drive with all those numbers on the screen?
In my opinion they did nothing right! I don't care if you're running on a low budget! People get Emmies and Oscars with less than a quarter in their pocket!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:50 pm

Hello There Everyone, :D

It has been a while since I posted here and I hope you all had a great Christmas and a Wonderful new year. I certainly did. Now for the comments here, I can not say that I completely agree with them. I certainly felt that the show was fine and did not "suck" as I have read here. Could it have been improved? Of course. I am currently rewatching the show on DVD and wished that NBC gave the show more of a chance then they did. You people
seemed to forget that NBC pre-emepted the show alot for The President and The Christmas holidays. That is hard enough to keep track of and plus the fact Knight Rider 2008 went up against American Idol and Lost and it is tough to get viewers away from shows like that. I don't care for either Lost or American Idol and as for Knight Rider 2008 being the worst show or among the worst that is not right at all. I feel that it was far better then that. I liked the fact that they updated the car over the previous one. Besides, they whole idea of the show was one person man or woman and car of the future making a difference in saving the world. So, Kitt 2008 had to be far more advanced then kitt 1986. I thought the show was realistic in nature and having a state of the art head quarters made sense too. I just wished that they could have done a better job of tying in this version of Knight Rider with the original. For example with KARR which version was it the one we saw twice in the Original Knight Rider or a new version? That was never made clear. The Original Kitt what happened to him? No mention was ever made of Devon Miles, Bonnie Barstow, and R.C. III. It would have been nice to have that addressed at some point. Also, this version was alittle more adult oriented then the original. Other then that I really didn't have any issues with the show and felt it was enjoyable.

Show's like this refuse to die and will be back. Just look at The Flinstones. That show was cancelled in 1966 and was brought back in different versions in the 1970's to 1990's. Family Guy another show that was gone and now is back. So, you have to have faith here and Knight Rider will be back.

Now, take care you all have a good day and knight.
Michael. :karr:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Not surprising, considering the efforts by some to get it axed. I like it, although it could've used some
tweaks here & there.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:25 pm

I have to agree with most of the above. It just wasn't up to par with the original. Stunts were lacking and when we did see them it was all fake green screen and cgi stuff. That is what made TO so great, all the stunts were done except for the use of the models but even the models looked better then some of the cgi they did in the newer show. I was watching a Nice little Indecent town last night and rewatched the scene where Kitt and Michael jumed a blue car and CLEARED the entire street. I was so amazed I watched it over and over again. You can't go from a show that shows awesome stunts like that to having an actor sit in a fake car while people shake it back and forth and computers edit it in to make it seem like it's turbo boosting.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Sorry, but someone's standards are clearly warped. With a decade that has brought us gems like Bravo's "The Housewives of..." and the more recent "The Jersey Shore", calling KR08 one of the worst is just silly IMO. Was it a masterpiece? No. And sadly, yes, it was a failure, but it was hardly among the worst things on TV.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:03 am

That article spoke the truth here, this KR08 was the end of the KR TV franchise for me, it just sucked, didn't work at all, thank god the original will remain a classic.
Thanks !!! :good:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:48 am

There aren't many TV projects that have you yearning for the acting talents of one David Hasselhoff, but here's one. This flashy, but ultimately running-on-empty remake of the fantastically cheesy (we mean that in a good way) '80s series was short on storyline, dialogue and engaging performances (even Val Kilmer voicing KITT fell flat). And a KITT that transforms into a pickup truck? Wrong franchise, NBC.
An EPIC summary of why the series was cancelled. While a good portion of this community enjoyed the new series the rest didn't. Kind of reminds me of what they used to say back in the days when I was a kid: "-If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" But as a Knight Rider fan you can't just sit back and not give your feedback and trust me when I say this, any critisism is good critisism, so GST and Justin needs to take that in and learn for future projects.
Goldbug makes a good point there because counting in what's been on TV for the last decade there are tons of shows to be added on that list. With that being said, KR08 is clearly not an exception.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:00 pm

I just had to chime in again on this Topic. KNIGHT RIDER is the Legend that it is Because of its fans who stick with it through thick and thin. I know that KNIGHT RIDER will come back in some form. If any you know the fan who goes by the name SuperFlash on this site, give him a HUGE THANK YOU for me, would you? He nailed it right on the Head!!! I have not/do not/never will believe KR:2008 was a Bad show!!! I was a Victim of NBC Brass Sticking Their Noses in where it didn't Belong!!!! As long as their are fans who like KR:2008, it was not a failure no matter how long or short it was on the Air. We need to Unite to Help Bring KR back in a way that it will last longer than one year, and it is Possible. Also, COULD WE GET TEAM KNIGHT RIDER ON DVD IN AMERICA, PLEASE? I saw it on DVD on a website from Britain, But, Bring it Here to the States? Who knows-Maybe when KR Turns 30 in 2012, or sooner, Somebody will try again!!! :kitt: :kittside: :kittconv: :kitt2: :karr: :dash4: :dash:

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:58 pm

krrdr2010 wrote:
"I just had to chime in again on this Topic. KNIGHT RIDER is the Legend that it is Because of its fans who stick with it through thick and thin. I know that KNIGHT RIDER will come back in some form. If any you know the fan who goes by the name Super Flash on this site, give him a HUGE THANK YOU for me, would you? He nailed it right on the Head!!! I have not/do not/never will believe KR:2008 was a Bad show!!! I was a Victim of NBC Brass Sticking Their Noses in where it didn't Belong!!!! As long as their are fans who like KR:2008, it was not a failure no matter how long or short it was on the Air. We need to Unite to Help Bring KR back in a way that it will last longer than one year, and it is Possible. Also, COULD WE GET TEAM KNIGHT RIDER ON DVD IN AMERICA, PLEASE? I saw it on DVD on a website from Britain, But, Bring it Here to the States? Who knows-Maybe when KR Turns 30 in 2012, or sooner, Somebody will try again!!!" :D :kitt:

:D Thanks for the kind words and I agree with you. Look I know that Knight Rider 2008 wasn't a perfect show and had it's short comings as I and the rest of you had pointed out and the same with The Original Knight Rider but, it make either verison the worst in TV either in the 1980's or 2000's just is not right nor true at all. If I had the time and day I could point out all of the flaws and mistakes that I noticed in The Original Knight Rider. The Original Knight Rider and Knight Rider 2008 had their flaws and problems but, doesn't make them the worst show of either decade 1980 or 2000. I can think of alot of shows that are worst then Knight Rider 2008. I love both shows and I am enjoying both show's on DVD and wish and hope for more Knight Rider in the future. As for Knight Rider being a failure their is plenty of blame to go around from NBC, Gary Scott Thompson, script writers and so forth. Funny on how Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien are having ratings problems. I just love on how NBC thinks they know what they are doing when in reality they do not. I did not realize that Team Knight Rider had a British release but, for some reason not here. I would love to have that show and Viper released on DVD. I still have both shows on VHS Tape. It is what I recorded off the air when they were in first run showings. I am curious to know what show is perfect or better then Knight Rider 2008 since most of you don't agree with me here? I only watch a few shows on TV like Batman The Brave and The Bold, WWE Programming like Raw, ECW, and Smackdown, Pro Football and Major League Baseball. That is it. The rest of what is on don't interest me. Knight Rider 2008 was the first new scripted show I had watched in a long time. Let us hope that NBC comes to their senses and brings back Knight Rider. They owe it to us... :kittconv:

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kittconv:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:02 pm

goldbug wrote:Sorry, but someone's standards are clearly warped. With a decade that has brought us gems like Bravo's "The Housewives of..." and the more recent "The Jersey Shore", calling KR08 one of the worst is just silly IMO. Was it a masterpiece? No. And sadly, yes, it was a failure, but it was hardly among the worst things on TV.
All too true, goldbug. Unfortunately, Knight Rider slipped into the terrible position of being 'safe' or 'cool' to hate, and nearly every publication that discussed it—both large and small—took the opportunity to trash it. Complaining about things that were done wrong or not done at all is one thing, but bashing the show actually became trendy and often times for the wrong reasons. The reasons causing this have been discussed ad nauseum, but apparently it seems like the trend will never end.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:34 pm

I can think of a ton of worse shows but KR08 is far from the best. They spent less time on Kitt and far too much on dippy other cast members and weird hip-hop music.
I can't freaking believe they got through ALL of "Exit Light, Enter Knight" without actually playing "Enter Sandman".
I really don't give a s*** about Deanna Russo's character (man, I forgot her name) or her gazillions of dollars.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Hello There Everyone, :D

8) I can not help but feel like I am talking to myself here. I mean take this post here:

"snafu » Jan 14, 2010 1:34 pm

I can think of a ton of worse shows but KR08 is far from the best. They spent less time on Kitt and far too much on dippy other cast members and weird hip-hop music.
I can't freaking believe they got through ALL of "Exit Light, Enter Knight" without actually playing "Enter Sandman".
I really don't give a s*** about Deanna Russo's character (man, I forgot her name) or her gazillions of dollars." :?:

:kittconv: I do agree that there are alot worse shows out there during the years of 2000 to 2009 and Knight Rider should not be among them. While I agree that Knight Rider was not the best show but, it was enjoyable. Less time on KITT and far too much time on dippy other cast members?? I am not sure where that remark came and I am sorry but, I can not agree with that. It is complete nonsense. I liked the supporting cast and they were no different then the original crew of Devon, Bonnie, and Michael. RC III came later and was fine. I don't see what enter the Sandman has to with anything and the episode Exit Light, Enter Knight if that is the correct title. I love on how my intelligence is being insulted here. If this person wasn't so angry here and looked at the big picture instead of nit picking he or she would know that Deanna Russo's character was Sara Graiman. The amount of money we saw on the computer in that episode is important and I do care was to show that Sara Graiman had unlimited funds to with as pleased and to bring back The Foundation For Law And Government. Why that is of so little importance I will never know. The back ground music was fine and would not have made any sense if heavy metal music was used. The original show used music that was popular between 1982-1986 so, was is it any different here. I will never understand the comments here. I am not out ruffle any feathers here but, to give a different point of view here. As I stated before and I will say again Knight Rider was the victim of being in a poor time slot and no support from NBC. They meddled with the show and here we are. :kittside:

Lastly, alot of shows start off poorly and if given the chance eventually do well. Star Trek: The Next Generation started off poorly and got better over time. The first season was ok and by the seventh and final season the show was awesome. Same with Viper. The show lasted 13 episodes on NBC was canned. After a year off brought back with a different cast and one original member. That show lasted another three years and by the final season all of the original cast members were back with one hold over from the syndicated run. Cheers was another show that stunk the first year and got better with time. Knight Rider would have been know different have it been given a chance which NBC refused to do...

Well that is my two cent for now and take care,
Michael P. Nepa
Knight Rider Lives!!!

ken3000
Volunteer

Post by ken3000 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:30 am

I really ejoyed joey and according to jim.why they put this shoes in first 10.They really stupid there is a lot of shows worse then kr isn't listed.

Lara
Recruit

Post by Lara » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:55 am

thats stupid, Knight Rider was amazing =]
Visit http://www.Deanna-Russo.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; your 1st and best fansite for Deanna Russo!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:37 pm

they are just a bunch of haters
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:20 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with the critics on KR 2008, I Thought it was truly bad, no better than the reality shows, no offense to Knight Rider Fans, but this thing should have stopped after season 4, I'm glad it was the end of the KR TV Franchise, the original will always remain a classic, this one and the other 3 after the original series may not be discussed

even the mustang stinks.

I Can't wait for the big screen version, I Hope it can undue the damage.

the premiere of this version was a trainwreck and the final climatic scene was useless, even the mustang was not that good.

I Tried to like KR 2008, but i just can't.

Val Kilmer & Bruce Davison two great talents who done much better things, are wasted in this thing.
Last edited by kitt34 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Super Flash wrote:Hello There Everyone, :D

8) I can not help but feel like I am talking to myself here. I mean take this post here:

"snafu » Jan 14, 2010 1:34 pm

I really don't give a s*** about Deanna Russo's character (man, I forgot her name) or her gazillions of dollars." :?:

:kittconv: I do agree that there are alot worse shows out there during the years of 2000 to 2009 and Knight Rider should not be among them. While I agree that Knight Rider was not the best show but, it was enjoyable. Less time on KITT and far too much time on dippy other cast members?? I am not sure where that remark came and I am sorry but, I can not agree with that. It is complete nonsense. I liked the supporting cast and they were no different then the original crew of Devon, Bonnie, and Michael. RC III came later and was fine. I don't see what enter the Sandman has to with anything and the episode Exit Light, Enter Knight if that is the correct title. I love on how my intelligence is being insulted here. If this person wasn't so angry here and looked at the big picture instead of nit picking he or she would know that Deanna Russo's character was Sara Graiman. The amount of money we saw on the computer in that episode is important and I do care was to show that Sara Graiman had unlimited funds to with as pleased and to bring back The Foundation For Law And Government. Why that is of so little importance I will never know. The back ground music was fine and would not have made any sense if heavy metal music was used. The original show used music that was popular between 1982-1986 so, was is it any different here. I will never understand the comments here. I am not out ruffle any feathers here but, to give a different point of view here. As I stated before and I will say again Knight Rider was the victim of being in a poor time slot and no support from NBC. They meddled with the show and here we are. :kittside:

Lastly, alot of shows start off poorly and if given the chance eventually do well. Star Trek: The Next Generation started off poorly and got better over time. The first season was ok and by the seventh and final season the show was awesome. Same with Viper. The show lasted 13 episodes on NBC was canned. After a year off brought back with a different cast and one original member. That show lasted another three years and by the final season all of the original cast members were back with one hold over from the syndicated run. Cheers was another show that stunk the first year and got better with time. Knight Rider would have been know different have it been given a chance which NBC refused to do...

Well that is my two cent for now and take care,
Michael P. Nepa
Except Cheers was great from the beginning, KR 2008 just plain Sucked