Another KR WAV DVD.... Mine Repackaged ???

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

RafaelLOJ
Operative

Another KR WAV DVD.... Mine Repackaged ???

Post by RafaelLOJ » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:59 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/KNIGHT-RIDER-KITT-V ... 19b8af9abf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone know who this is and what up ???

Rafael

Stylez
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Another KR WAV DVD.... Mine Repackaged ???

Post by Stylez » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:13 am

Well the fact that both of you are profiting from and distributing content you don't legally own the rights to I wouldn't kick up much of a fuss. $45 for a 10 cent dvd, that's quite the profit for content that's owned by Universal. This is like a drug dealer calling the cops because because someone stole his stash, pathetic.

scatpack
Operative

Post by scatpack » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:40 pm

I've had a DVD of all of KITT's sayings for about 2 years now. Got it from overseas. Several people make these.

RafaelLOJ
Operative

Post by RafaelLOJ » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:48 am

Stylez, I see your point... and to that, you've called the KR community, including yourself, drug users and pathetic...

Did you ask Universal for permission to use that avatar?

Yes the DVD cost 10 cents. But what about the hundreds of hours spent creating that collection... I purchased the DVD's (well over a $100 investment)... I have a Kenner Talking Kitt Car, Rough Rider, Comtron Truck, Whip Shifter, stickers, etc...

And my car? Well, guilty there too.. Thousands of $$$ promoting Knight Rider... I've purchased from a bunch of unlicensed people... noses, dashes, electronics, you name it... and so have many people here...

Do I own the rights to it? No... But I did buy the DVD and also stated in my post that buyer of my DVD needs to own the DVD's too, so that you are paying me for the work done (hundreds of hours) for items we have purchased...

Rafael

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:16 am

RafaelLOJ wrote:Stylez, I see your point... and to that, you've called the KR community, including yourself, drug users and pathetic...

Yes the DVD cost 10 cents. But what about the hundreds of hours spent creating that collection... I purchased the DVD's (well over a $100 investment)... I have a Kenner Talking Kitt Car, Rough Rider, Comtron Truck, Whip Shifter, stickers, etc...

And my car? Well, guilty there too.. Thousands of $$$ promoting Knight Rider... I've purchased from a bunch of unlicensed people... noses, dashes, electronics, you name it... and so have many people here...

Do I own the rights to it? No... But I did buy the DVD and also stated in my post that buyer of my DVD needs to own the DVD's too, so that you are paying me for the work done (hundreds of hours) for items we have purchased...

Rafael
That's not the point that Stylez is making. All of us like KR and promote it in our own way. Using avatars, making KR compilations, and building replicas is great. There's nothing illegal about that. However using the KR name and property to make money for yourself is something different.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RafaelLOJ wrote:Stylez, I see your point... and to that, you've called the KR community, including yourself, drug users and pathetic...

Rafael
I don't need permission to use an avatar lol however I'm not trying to profit from it either. I also never said anyone was a drug user, here let me inform you of the definition for an analogy;

"a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump."

So don't try to put words in my mouth as a way to base a defense. You're wondering if someone has reproduced 'your' material and is profiting from it on eBay when in fact you have no legal right to sell it yourself in the first place. Stating that someone must own the original dvds in order to purchase yours is not a loophole nor does it make it legal in most countries. No matter what you say, you and the other fellow are in the wrong.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:52 pm

The Best way to Solve this is to Make sure what you have is Licensed by Universal!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:47 pm

I have to agree with Rafael here.
Rafael spent SO many man hours on this DVD and labeled EVERY MP3 and WAV.
Everyone who bought it from Rafael had a gentleman's agreement not to copy and sell Rafaels work.
Even though Universal owns the rights Rafael did all the tedious work on recording everything.
I think the person selling this on Ebay should be banned from Ebay. I also think it's important for us members here at K.R.O. to support one another.

Rafael, if there is anything we can do to help let us know. :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

TheQuestion
Volunteer

Post by TheQuestion » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:55 am

does anyone know how to make a custom SAPI5 voice?
if so... perhaps it can be done using the files Rafael cleaned up and cataloged

it would be great to have a TTS version of KITTs voice