Universal Studios

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sir Knight
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Universal Studios

Post by Sir Knight » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:03 pm

When i went to Hollywood in the eighties and to Universal studios they had an A team stunt display and a KITT display. You could go up to the car and ask it questions. Strangly for Universal it was just some guy (not the real voice ) answering the questions ( this rather spoilt the illusion ) Normally they do things so well but not the voice thing !! So did not bother asking KITT a question did however manage to get my photo taken with the Hoffster !! ( oh sorry forgot to mention it was only a life size cardboard cut out. looks flipping realistic though ) :good:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Universal Studios

Post by Sue » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:10 pm

They don't have that display anymore. But if you went to the last Knight Rider Festival you could have met the guy who used to be the voice, he has some great stories.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

n knight
Operative

Post by n knight » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:25 pm

Sue wrote:They don't have that display anymore. But if you went to the last Knight Rider Festival you could have met the guy who used to be the voice, he has some great stories.
That guy would be my friend and founder of StarCar Central (http://www.starcarcentral.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) Nate Truman. he also recently has purchased a KITT replica.

Alex
alex

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/com ... ketch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/user/nknightkitt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s221.photobucket.com/home/n_knight" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:08 am

In addition to Nate Truman who indeed voiced KITT of the Universal Studios backlot, we also had Buzz Bundy
who was the stuntman who did the two wheel stands when KITT would be in ski mode.
Jack Gill the stuntman who did KITT's jumps was at Knight Rider Festival along with my friend Jim Winburn who doubled for David Hasselhoff in fist fight sequences.

Next year the KOTWC is considering having a new Knight Rider car show either at Universal or another venue
in Southern California and of course it would be later in 2010.
Knight's Of The West Coast skipped 2009 in California to support The Knight Festival but that doesnt exclude
the good that can be done for Childrens Miracle Network.

D. Doggett.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:37 pm

I didn't know who was the voice, but thanks for telling me. It's sad that they don't have that part of Universal Studios tour anymore. Maybe if fans want it enough, they'll bring it back. :good:

Sir Knight
Recruit

Post by Sir Knight » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:20 pm

krrdr2010 wrote:I didn't know who was the voice, but thanks for telling me. It's sad that they don't have that part of Universal Studios tour anymore. Maybe if fans want it enough, they'll bring it back. :good:
No i did not know the voice. Yeah it would be cool to see the display again :good: