Knight Rider Festival - Las Vegas - March 19-20, 2010

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Festival - Las Vegas - March 19-20, 2010

Post by neps » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:41 am

Friends,

With just over three months to go to the 2nd annual Knight Rider Festival where fans from around the globe will descend upon the Fremont Street Experience to celebrate Knight Rider. If you are planning on attending be sure to visit the festival website (http://knightriderfestival.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) which has recently been updated with all the information you need. Paul Casey and friends are once again working hard to make this event the greatest Knight Rider event ever.

This event is to celebrate the fans who have kept the Knight Rider dream alive for over 27 years. By believing and supporting the belief that one person can make a difference, the event will again look to raise funds to be donated to the Children's Miracle Network.

Some important notes on the website:

* The Event is still FREE to the public and takes place from March 19-20! Be sure to check out the schedule for complete breakdown.

* Replica owners have until March 2nd to register at the early bird rate!

* Discounted rooms at the Golden Nugget are now available for reservation in a limited quantity, so book soon to lock in the discount - once the rooms are filled, there wont be any more.

* Replica Owners and rooms reserved under the Festival group will receive one ticket to the exclusive VIP Party. Last year this allowed you to have one on one face time with great people like Glen A. Larson, Catherine Hickland, Michael Scheffe, George Barris, Justin Bruening and many many more.

* The Cruise down the Vegas strip has been moved form Friday night to Saturday night

* Revealed for the first time today is the new poster for the event! Designed once again by the greatly talented Nick Nugent, you can click on the example above for a better look, or at the festival website. There you will find an animated version that's really slick, as well as one specially formatted for your MySpace page

There is a lot more to come that we can't reveal, so be sure to keep checking back for updates. But if you want a hint, just look to the sky...

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Re: Knight Rider Festival - Las Vegas - March 19-20, 2010

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:26 pm

Jason and Dan of The Shadowy Flight podcast have gotten their rooms and are ready to party in Las Vegas with the rest of the Knight Rider fans!

The poster for the event looks awesome! Good enough to print out and sell at the event... hint hint... just saying...

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:34 am

Im hoping to have my unique KITT replica done for this show!
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:55 am

KI3T and I will definintly be there! I think we're even going to go to the desert where the opening was filmed and snap some pics and videos. I will be booking my room very shortly.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:55 am

I'm booked from Wednesday through Sunday. I plan on hitting up El Mirage Dry Lake, Shelby Automobiles, and the pawn shop from Pawn Stars! 8)
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:18 pm

Ill be there for sure,I did ask for the time off and Im all set,might stay with family close the strip,but yeah Im excited and cant wait :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:59 am

How family friendly is the event and VIP party? i've got a 15 month old and will have to come with me everywhere. I really want to meet Glen, justin, and everyone else but i'm worried about her being overwhelmed by lights and sounds at the VIP party.

Lara
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Lara » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:47 am

who will be attending?
Visit http://www.Deanna-Russo.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; your 1st and best fansite for Deanna Russo!

Aydann.
Rookie

Post by Aydann. » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:38 am

I wish they could do an Festivals within the UK. It seems to be always America that they do the Festivals in.
One man can make a difference, Michael.

sfusco3
Rookie

Post by sfusco3 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:17 pm

tamatt27 the event itself would probably be ok for a 15 month old, but the vip party I wouldn't recommend it gets realy loud and crowded.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm there! I was there last year and had more fun than I could ever possibly explain.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:48 am

I'll be there. I've been a member of this forum for years now although I don't post much anymore (still look at the forum every day) but it will be good to hopefully meet a few members from the forum.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Skav wrote:I'll be there. I've been a member of this forum for years now although I don't post much anymore (still look at the forum every day) but it will be good to hopefully meet a few members from the forum.
Hope to see you there. Are KRO members going to have nametags on with their username?

sfusco3
Rookie

Post by sfusco3 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 pm

I don't think that's what we did last year. I remember a post started a week or two before with members that were going posting there pic so we could identify each other. I don't remember if it was here or at the registries or foundation

sfusco3
Rookie

Post by sfusco3 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:15 pm

I'll be there with my car this time. I'm having it shipped there so I have to be in vegas a few days early to allow them a window to get me the car. Then having it shipped back so I'll be there a day or two after. Looking at 16th to 23rd

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:05 am

I'll be there again!
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mkrumpe
Volunteer

Post by mkrumpe » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:32 am

My wife and I booked our flight and our resort week. This will be my first time in Las Vegas and first time at a Knight Rider event of any kind. Been a long time obcessed fan since I was 4 years old when the show came out - I absolutely can't wait.

Sent an email to Paul Casey (organizer of the event) but maybe you guys know...

I would also like to attend the VIP party while there, but we are not staying at the Golden Nugget, we are staying in Las Vegas that week at a timeshare we traded into. Can I purchase 2 tickets to the VIP party through the PayPal link on the page anyways, or are there restrictions?

Very excited - see you there!
See you at the Knight Rider Festival 2010!

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:57 am

Hi all,
just a general question.

How many of you will be staying in Vegas for a little while after the festival?
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:45 pm

I maybe staying a few days after the fest,no reason to head home right after :)

Im curious as to what happens during the cruise tho?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:03 pm

sfusco3 wrote:tamatt27 the event itself would probably be ok for a 15 month old, but the vip party I wouldn't recommend it gets realy loud and crowded.
Thanks for the reply. Is the VIP party more 'adult oriented' a-la typical Vegas fashion, or is it just a bunch of people in a loud room talking KR?
I will be staying a few days, either before or after, the event. I planning on going to El Mirage Dry Lake, to Shelby Automobiles, and the Pawn Stars pawn shop(which happens to be .4 miles from the Golden Nugget). 8)

sfusco3
Rookie

Post by sfusco3 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 pm

[quote][/quote]Thanks for the reply. Is the VIP party more 'adult oriented' a-la typical Vegas fashion, or is it just a bunch of people in a loud room talking KR?
I will be staying a few days, either before or after, the event. I planning on going to El Mirage Dry Lake, to Shelby Automobiles, and the Pawn Stars pawn shop(which happens to be .4 miles from the Golden Nugget).

The vip party is really a mixture, while it is a bunch of people in a room talking loud and the music beating it is also very bright and vegas style cause the gold digger club over looks fremont. As I said previously I will be there a few before and a few after due to the car shipping.

sfusco3
Rookie

Post by sfusco3 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:24 pm

mkrumpe I know there is a $25 donation for each non gn guest.

mkrumpe
Volunteer

Post by mkrumpe » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:06 pm

Got a reply from Paul, that it IS ok to register for the VIP party even if you are not staying at the hotel or have a car. Purchased 2 tix yesterday. I can't wait.
See you at the Knight Rider Festival 2010!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:09 am

Remember everyone that Knight Rider Festival II is going to be here before you know it (about 7 weeks away!) and to make sure you have your plans in order! If you are looking to book a room at the special KRF II rate (booking code 1C61N7), better do so by February 16th!

If you are bringing a replica car, make sure you REGISTER it ASAP! You cannot display a replica at the event without registering it! If you wait until the last minute, registering will cost substantially more if availible.

Also remember that if you can't secure a room at the Golden Nugget special event rate this year - you can still buy a ticket into the VIP party by making a <b>$25.00</b> donation to The Children's Miracle Network!

Security is going to be very strict at the VIP party event this time around and if your name is not on the list, you will WILL NOT get into the party regardless of who you know or what your status is. Every paid guest must have their name on the list to get in the door.

If you are unsure, email Paul Casey at paul@knightriderfestival.com to confirm your reservation.

VIP party entry tickets will NOT be offered to the public the day of the event. You must register in advance to get on the list.

The VIP party is the hottest place to meet and greet with cast and crew from the world of Knight Rider up close and personal! Some will even happily pose for photos and sign limited autographs for fans who attend!

Please dress respectively for the party - no jeans and t-shirts please.

You can pay for your VIP entry ticket on the official website under the "schedule" link on the right hand side - use the "Pay Now" Paypal button.

Please visit the official website below for more information and to pay for your event costs if applicable.

http://www.knightriderfestival.com

I can't express how much I am looking forward to celebrating another event that not only helps out charity but also allows us Knight Rider fans to gather and celebrate keeping the spirit of this memorable franchise alive as we enter 2010!

You never know what surprises await, announcements that will be made, and what other special guests might show up!

This year, we will be honoring the career of series creator Glen A. Larson who will be our guest of honor for both days of the event!

With Glen and the rest of the returning VIPs back to sign autographs and take photos, this will once again be a history making event for the fans of Knight Rider that's sure to create new memories to cherish!

I invite you to check out the photos from last years event that fans have posted all across the internet, facebook, and even the forum communities to see what the buzz is about!

Last year's event was epic, this year's event will be legendary!

Bring your cameras, your memorabilia, and your smiles!

Make sure your plans are in order today and come join the celebration as the KITT's return to rock Downtown Fremont Street, March 19-20th!

=VK=
:dash:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Im curious about the cruise,do you have to have a replica to participate or can you ride along with some one who does?