KI3T crash

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTvsKARR1995
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KI3T crash

Post by KITTvsKARR1995 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:16 am

Sue the cop! And good luck with your jaw and with KI3T!
Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world, the world..... of the Knight Rider

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:36 am

I love all of your comments guys! Thanks!
I agree his nano shell should have repaired itself. I'm afraid I didn't have time to test all of KI3T's systems extensively.
I guess it's because KI3T's CPU wasn't on at the time...it couldn't self generate.

In all actuality, KI3T's airbags never deployed. Nor did the seat belt I was wearing catch when it was supposed to.
Alas no lawsuit against Ford I'm afraid. The Mustang was in a previous accident in which it's entire front end was sheared off at the windshield by a truck from the owners before us. I think because of that the seat belt might not have been 'to code' if ya know what I mean. As far as why the airbags didn't deploy, I have no idea. The blue thing in the drivers side seat is a blanket they threw down to get the mustang towed because I had bled so much in the car in the drivers seat. :cry:

I am also very glad I did not have my REAL scanner in yet or else I would been out over 4 grand because of a broken 'scanner' light. :lol:

Thanks for all the well wish's and prayers everyone. You guys (and gals) rock! : )
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:47 am

They will rebuild you. Better than you were before... Better... Stronger... Faster...

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:51 am

TheShadowyFlight wrote:They will rebuild you. Better than you were before... Better... Stronger... Faster...
8) 8) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jzSh_MLNcY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol: :lol:

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:26 pm

Glad to hear you are relatively ok and on the road to recovery. Best wishes to a speedy recovery and getting ki3t back on the road.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Hey Josh glad your OK. Hope you get the cash too finish up the rebuild and ready to go to Vegas ;). I was afraid you had the scanner light on when you hit the cop. That would have voided the insurance for sure. Impersonating and ramming a cop in the same ticket ouch :).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:
TheShadowyFlight wrote:They will rebuild you. Better than you were before... Better... Stronger... Faster...
8) 8) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jzSh_MLNcY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol: :lol:
Isnt that Daft Punk?...lol :)

Where theres a will theres a way :wink:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:24 pm

Holy s**t dude :shock: Just glad to hear your ok, wishing you a speedy recovery buddy! :good:

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:55 pm

Mate so sorry this happend

you gotta remember cars fix people dont so good,so glad you made it out ok!!!

best

steve

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:48 am

hey tao, glad you're okay man. having been in a couple accidents myself, i know what kind of pain you're in, since I hit my head when I flew off my bike during my second accident. i was lucky though, I was wearing a helmet. will tell you more later.... it's been 11 years since that day.

TURBOBOOST27
Rookie

Post by TURBOBOOST27 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:42 am

Good luck with you recovery dude, so whtas the plan for KITT are you going to rebuild him? or goin to start over with an all new mustang GT. :kitt2:
Dayne Rampersad

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:57 am

Who repaired the car in the first accident? I would definetly talk to a lawyer, especially since the seatbelt did not do it's intended job. A lawyer would talk to your for free or at realtively cheap..... It's worth it.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:31 pm

I hope you get better soon. I hope you do rebuild your KI3T, with better help next time. :good:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:25 am

since the car was already in another accident before this one, I wouldnt fix it.

It would be more of a death sentence, probably the frame would be much weaker now with those two accidents
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:42 am

Don't check the site in a while and all kinds of crazy stuff happens!

Yes, Joshua, take care of yourself. That's sounds like a real nasty crash. Best wishes for a speedy (and relatively painless) recovery.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Wow, you poor thing! Feel better soon!
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

dylandog
Recruit

Post by dylandog » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:42 am

DevonStyles wrote:Who repaired the car in the first accident? I would definetly talk to a lawyer, especially since the seatbelt did not do it's intended job. A lawyer would talk to your for free or at realtively cheap..... It's worth it.
Sorry for the accident, for both of you, but a car is a car, you can fix it, sometimes it's not easy or possible to fix human bodys..i'm relly afraid to head that the airbag wasn't deployed... you had a lot of chance, to be alive after this accident, so now try to found out what it doesn't work on the car..and take time to coming back soon at 100% for both of you... :good:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:53 am

I want to thank all of you for being so kind with the outpouring of support and well wishes.
From the bottom of my heart Thank you! :)

I am feeling a bit better. I had surgery done to remove some of my teeth a couple of days ago.
I look like a damn hillbilly now. :cry:
There plan was to take all of my teeth out and give me dentures. (That's how bad the impact was..)
Now the plan seems to have changed. The cops on the scene tried to cover up the fact that the police officer made an illegal turn in front of me while my light was green for days. The dentist who does oral surgery took a lot of my teeth out and told me to come back in April!
"In April?!" I asked
"I have 3 more teeth in the front row of my mouth that were sheared off at the gumline from the steering wheel impact."
To say I have tooth pain would be an understatement.
The dentist said he was all booked up until April and could see me then.
Screw that.
And on top of everything else they totaled KI3T and tried to sell him to a salvage yard for scrape metal for $1700!!
Again I say screw that!
So I bought back my car and am in the process of rebuilding.
The insurance company's are giving me the big run around but my lawyer says all is good and he will make them pay.
(Which is good for me and KI3T.)
I am in pain but I have orders that I MUST get out.

Matt is waiting (very patiently might I add) for another scanner from me. (He had an accident with the previous one I sold him.)
And I have 2 voice orbs for Eddie and Ted that I will be sending out as soon as the template overlays are finished. (I am having a separate company making the templates and they are running late so I may just send the voice orbs now and send them the templates when they come in.)

I want to say how sorry I am that this accident has delayed my production. I just wanted everyone to know that I will be resuming normal production in about a week. This is not the way I wanted to start of my business and I am very sorry some of you (Matt I'm talking to you buddy) have waited.

I will make up the difference to my customers in wait time with discounts on my other items. :good:
And I still get e-mails everyday about the KR GPS. :lol:

I just wanted to give you guys an update and let you all know how much this community means to me and how touched I am that everyone has been SO kind.

I also wanted to say that the odds of me going to the KR festival this year are slim to none. (Again, I look like a hillbilly with all of these teeth missing and I would hate to meet all of you for the first time looking like a toothless redneck. :lol: I will make it to the next one for sure. And by that time I should be able to smile without scaring small children.

In short you guys rock!
I will keep everyone up to date on the rebuilding of KI3T. He shall ride and live again!

:wink:

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:59 am

Tao,

You know, with what has happened, I'm sure that everyone who purchased a voice orb or scanner from you is going to be completely understanding and will be paitent with you as you work to get yourself out of pain.

As for that dentist, I say find another one who will work on you immediately if not sooner, as most would realize that your situation is an emergency and would rebook whomever they had to so they could get you in.

Sending warm wishes to you and KI3T,
Rainack
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:01 am

Thank you Rainack! : ) The more I think about it the more I realize I am VERY lucky to even be alive to rebuild KI3T.

If I had one video that kinda expressed the way I feel this past 2 weeks it's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91tf0UnD9mw&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The message at the very end of the video goes out to all of you...Thank you!

Much love
Joshua

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:18 am

Hey Josh, Sorry I missed your call again. My main concern is for you to get better. I can wait on my Orb. If theres anything I can do for you, just let me know. I may have to also miss the Vegas show this year with not having a job but I will make it for 2011 with the car done. Take care Ted

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:44 pm

:|
i wish you the best tao :|

i feel with you

your lawyer should kick theyr a*** :evil:
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:04 pm

WOW! I'm glad you are (mostly) ok! I've read all of the posts up to current. That is awful that the airbag didn't work nor did the Seatbelt work. As others said. The car (KI3T) can be repaired. You couldn't be as easy. I'm just glad you are ok!
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

EVKRWriter
Recruit

Post by EVKRWriter » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Holy crap. Glad you're ok!

I swear cops think they own the freaking road, and they *obviously* don't.

And KITT will ride again. Sure of it!

Here's to a speedy recovery, for both of you!
~EV

KITT Happens!!!

KR Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~evryderwriter. My way of keeping Knight Rider alive and well.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwMmfpff0jE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Image