A theory...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

crashb648
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A theory...

Post by crashb648 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi everyone!

I know there are loads of theories about the future of the series and its over, its not over etc etc, but I had a think the other day, so here me out.

Back when the series originally aired in America, the ratings, lets just say weren’t excellent but they weren’t awful either. NBC knew this, and so they ordered the reboot of the series, which went more inline with the original series.

And then when the nbc fall line up came, knight rider wasn’t on it. Correct me if im wrong, but that means the series hasn’t been cancelled, its just not being shown in this fall line up…

So heres my theory – NBC know that knight rider was and is extremely popular in other countries (UK, Germany etc). So now the show is being aired in other countries, do you think they are getting the series a better reputation worldwide, and so collect a stronger fanbase for a the new series?

So I wonder after the series has been aired in loads of countries, then if they make a knight rider season two for next year, then it will get stronger ratings?

What do you think?

And just for the record – im loving the series at the moment, its awesome :good:
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: A theory...

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:20 am

In a word NO! NBC pretty much canned the show just as it has canned every good show that falls on their laps for example they had a great show once called Surface, they canned it! It's their M.O is as simple as that. All the actors have moved on to other projects/movies TV shows etc, the best that you can hope for is that Syfy picks it up to permanently re-run it in syndication and maybe just maybe a movie based on the show afterward to air on SyFy itself if they can get the cast back together that is...