Knight Rider Festival 2010

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider Festival 2010

Post by neps » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Rest assured, the event is happening. If history is your guide, there was none of the information you are expecting this time last year. It wasn't until November that information about guest stars were announced. So while it's valid for you to personally feel uneasy about booking, you should feel comfort in context.

I understand that people are putting things on a line in advance, and we're working to get the site online and active very soon. But if you don't feel comfortable, no one is making you book ahead of time. At the very least, you should probably wait a couple of weeks to book your hotel room, until the discount for the Golden Nugget is setup again.

Everyone from the cast and crew that were there last year have expressed interest to attend this year. But they are all donating their time for the Festival and the Charity, so things can change from now until then, which is 5-6 months away. The event will be similarly structured as last year with the one exception probably being moving the cruise to the Las Vegas sign to Saturday, as this way people can enjoy the VIP party, without having to worry about driving their cars later.

Paul is working on setting up an amazing weekend once again, and we'll be sure to keep everyone informed as the details firm up!

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:12 pm

I don't think Paul had the website updated until November for KR Fest 09. I can see why he is waiting has he had to change/add hosting hotels mid swing due to over bookings and VIP demand. I'd say he is trying to hammer out more details than last year before posting up the site. Also booking guest is hard enough and we all know from last year trying to get high profile stars doesn't always pan out *cough*Dave and Deanna*cough* :). Asking them closer to the actual date gives their managers a chance to work out schedules.

...Ya pretty much what Neil said lol!!
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

tigersharka
Operative

Post by tigersharka » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:50 am

FRIENDS....KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL 2010 RETURNS - MARCH 19-20, 2010 - Downtown Las Vegas, NV

Yes, we have many details to work out and finish...BUT the wait is worth it!. So, to those who attended 2009 we look forward seeing you in Las Vegas....as for those who complain and did not come, you can still attend...because all Knight Rider Fans are welcome. Knight Rider Festival is for you...everyone. So start NOW planning on attending, preparing your KITT cars and seeing old friends and meeting new one.

Knight Rider Festival website will be updated very soon...the host hotel will be confirmed and YES, you will need to make your reservations...because folks....WE WILL BE SOLD OUT!!!!

And we have a 'special guest' for 2010...and you will need to be there to find out! So make a difference and come support the World's Greatest Knight Rider Event for the FANS.

Thank you for your support
Paul Casey
Producer
Knight Rider Festival

Paul
http://www.lasvegascarstars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May 16-17, 2014 Las Vegas, NV
"Only Las Vegas"

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Anyone wanna share a hotel room for the festival?Just an idea I had now...
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:20 pm

tigersharka wrote:FRIENDS....KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL 2010 RETURNS - MARCH 19-20, 2010 - Downtown Las Vegas, NV

Great news!

Yes, we have many details to work out and finish...BUT the wait is worth it!. So, to those who attended 2009 we look forward seeing you in Las Vegas....as for those who complain and did not come, you can still attend...because all Knight Rider Fans are welcome. Knight Rider Festival is for you...everyone. So start NOW planning on attending, preparing your KITT cars and seeing old friends and meeting new one.

I'm not complaining. Just making some observations. I personally still feel that I want to see some plans and details posted before I make the decision to book anything.

Knight Rider Festival website will be updated very soon...the host hotel will be confirmed and YES, you will need to make your reservations...because folks....WE WILL BE SOLD OUT!!!!

I look forward to those updates.

And we have a 'special guest' for 2010...and you will need to be there to find out! So make a difference and come support the World's Greatest Knight Rider Event for the FANS.

A mystery guest, eh?

Thank you for your support
Paul Casey
Producer
Knight Rider Festival

regards respectfully,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:16 pm

The lack of information on the event is nothing new to folks who have attended events like this in the past. The San Diego Comic Con doesn't have concrete schedules out until the week prior to the event and that is an event on a much larger scale than KRFLV...

I'm excited for the event this year and I hope that there will be more KITTs and KARRs and even a KI3T or two. I wouldn't mind getting a couple other Star Cars for the event as well as the Back to the Future car was a welcome surprise. I would love to see Ecto-1 or any Batmobile hanging out...

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:20 pm

TheShadowyFlight wrote:The lack of information on the event is nothing new to folks who have attended events like this in the past. The San Diego Comic Con doesn't have concrete schedules out until the week prior to the event and that is an event on a much larger scale than KRFLV...

I'm excited for the event this year and I hope that there will be more KITTs and KARRs and even a KI3T or two. I wouldn't mind getting a couple other Star Cars for the event as well as the Back to the Future car was a welcome surprise. I would love to see Ecto-1 or any Batmobile hanging out...
My KI3T will be there for sure. I'm eagerly anticipating this event!
Hey Paul, has anyone given any consideration to my idea posted a few weeks ago about meeting at the El Mirage Dry Lake bed for a photoshoot of sorts?
I know I'll definitely be visiting it and will be taking lots of pics and videos of my KI3T.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:55 am

Hi all, nice to see such a great response for this event.
I'll see you all there in March. I also wanted to share my 2 blog posts from last year. links are below.
:kitt: :kitt2: :karr:
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2009/03/k ... -charity//" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2009/06/k ... ce-again//" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:24 am

I'm flying over from the UK to attend this and am booked to stay at the MGM. I'll be in Vegas from the 15th-22nd March.

It will be my first KR convention so can't wait!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:31 pm

lol we will be there as usaual its not one to miss

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:45 pm

I'm happy there is going to be Another one.

sfusco3
Rookie

Post by sfusco3 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:24 pm

I'll be there I flying and I'm shipping my car to vegas

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Wow I bet thats goinga be expensive :o

sfusco3
Rookie

Post by sfusco3 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:00 pm

I researched it for this past festival and it's around $850 each way. When I prepared for the trip this past march I signed up for a continental credit card that allows me to get my first bag checked for free on all continental flights I also got 20000 points for signing up and need 25000 for a around trip flight to vegas this next march so I have been earning the extra points by using my card and for every $ I spend I get 1 point and when I use it with the partners in the program I get 2 so I currently have 33000, and there is still 6 months to go so. So I look at it as I"m getting the flights for free and the money I would have spent can now go to sending the car there. The only thing is I have to be in vegas and set up the delivery there a few days before the event, and setting up for the car to go back to nj when the fest is over. Takes a week and half to 2 weeks for it to travel each way.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:54 pm

Good luck and we hope to see you and your car there :)

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:15 pm

kitt1 wrote:Gene,
I hope all the best for another successful show. However, I think I am being realistic when I question why at this point there is absolutly NO information what so ever. I would think there would at least a list of invited guests, a list of proposed activities, and hotel information. I myself would consider going for this one, but, I'm not going to ask for vacation time, book airline tickets, and book a room without seeing something besides a title page to a website. Am I wrong?

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
You are if you think that everything should be set in stone this far out. ....There is a date and place which is not "NO information whatsoever" You can start to worry late December. Three months is plenty of time to schedule things. It's going to happen ;). Even with all the naysayers last year it was a huge success!!!!
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:29 pm

GN reservations are up. Go to the KRF website for more info. I booked my rooms already! They are giving us a great rate for being Knight Rider fans. And if anyone wants to splurge, and upgrade to the new Rush Tower is only 30 bucks a night.

See you in Vegas!

Scott

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Hey everyone.
I'm looking forward to seeing all of you here in Vegas this March.

Just a curious question, my company is planning on being part of the festival this year. We are an online show ticket and sightseeing tour broker. Were developing some activities, shows, tours, etc with special pricing for all attendees that wish to take part. Portions of the proceeds from our sales will be donated to the Children's Miracle Network.

Would there be interest in seeing a show, or tour from the attendees? I know most will be in for just the weekend.

Please post replies or PM me.

Thanks!

VegasMike
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Depending on the shows available and the time these things take place I think that would be pretty cool. Last year my co host and I just walked around downtown with no real goal in mind. To have something a little more organized for the trip would be a bonus.

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:26 am

Right now i'm thinking of 2 of the shows performing downtown already 1 is a dinner show, the other is a comedy show that includes all you can drink for $29.00, and a helicopter night flight over the strip.
Call me Mike.

sfusco3
Rookie

Post by sfusco3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Members of this site that are also members of facebook can head over to my event listing on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/#/event.php?eid ... 86&index=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 pm

I Posted the Festival on my facebook, http://www.facebook.com/mikep3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Working on event list for VegasOnDemand.com, we'll be offering some of our shows, at deal prices and making a donation to the Children's Miracle Network from the sales.

More details to come as they are worked out.
Call me Mike.

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:55 am

They have a social network too http://www.knightriderfestival.ning.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:07 pm

Any more concrete information on this event?" It is about 7 weeks away, and the site is still pretty vague on attending guests, etc. I thought by this time last year, a lot more was known, but I could be wrong.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:06 pm

I just logged on to that site-VERY NICE!!! :good: :good: