Gaffs and Goofs

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

thetruckdriver
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Gaffs and Goofs

Post by thetruckdriver » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi - since i've been watching KR old school again i've noticed so much more that was "wrong" than when i was a kid. So, thought it would be good to see who's found some of the best?

I just saw one, where this guy had to leave a scene, so he walked off behind a cut off door (the bottom half) pretending to go outside, but he just stood there hiding until the shoot was over - well funny.

Come on everyone one - tell us your best ones!

thetruckdriver
Volunteer

Re: Gaffs and Goofs

Post by thetruckdriver » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:55 am

ok, how about the one where MK has to grow a tiny beard and moustache in order to look like Garth - but he manages to do it in 1/2 a day! Then, once he get's rumbled, MK manages to get a shave in the middle of the set - but we don't see it!!

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by whet » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:14 am

thetruckdriver wrote:Hi - since i've been watching KR old school again i've noticed so much more that was "wrong" than when i was a kid. So, thought it would be good to see who's found some of the best?

I just saw one, where this guy had to leave a scene, so he walked off behind a cut off door (the bottom half) pretending to go outside, but he just stood there hiding until the shoot was over - well funny.

Come on everyone one - tell us your best ones!
What episode does this happen then??

thetruckdriver
Volunteer

Post by thetruckdriver » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi - wish i could recall.

it involves the one where some bloke tries to smash KITT up with a bar, truckers are being put out of business and are offered money in return to work for someone else! i had a drink whilst watching it - sorry...........it was on telly last week.

KnightRyan
Stranger

Post by KnightRyan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:39 pm

if you watch trust doesn't rust when Michael is on top of KARR after he jumps off and gets in KITT they pan back inside KARR and you can still see Michaels legs and feet dangling from the back window :karr:

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:37 am

the episode is "Knight Moves" from season 1 about the truckers far to many goofs and gaffs to write down however for me the worst one has to be the scene in "Killer KITT" after KITT smashes michael into the news stand Berio orders KITT to leave KITT goes into reverse then the scene shows clearly the blind driver spinning the stunt car steering wheel as he reverses now i know that after 4 years most fans knew how KITT drove by himself but to show it so clearly in the episode was very bad directing or editing :x as a side line just how did the stunt car look atfer it landed after the jump over the water in "Speed Demons" often wondered :)
michael;i've got a problem.
devon;my dear boy,dont be so modest,you have a wide range of problems.

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:13 am

I remember at the end of the action scene in "Short Notice" when MK turns to K.I.T.T. and commends him for a job well done and the camera focusses on K.I.T.T., the hands & arms of (I'm assuming) Jack Gill, pop out from the driver seat of the car.
Another goof up, I remember was from "Sky Knight" where MK has some an emotional exchange of dialogue between the government rep. and Devon about getting Bonnie out of the fortress area that she is being captive in and as MK heads back into K.I.T.T. you can clearly see the script, in David Hasselhoff's back pocket.
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:50 am

dont remember which episode it was but in one episode mk gets out of kitt and goes to shut the door. You see a hand pop out from the back seat and reach towards the door almost like he was trying to keep the door from slamming. there was someone laying in the back seat. Also in Knight of a Thousand Devils when michael gets knocked out and thrown into the pit you can see a hand reach out of the pit to help support him when he is falling. In that same scene when RC3 rides up on his dirtbike the rider is clearly white skinned. When it cuts to the scene where he is getting off the bike his skin color changes to black.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:47 pm

that episode is speed demons where the hand reaches out to the door :)

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:51 pm

i only noticed the arm shot in short notice when i first watched it on dvd cant see it on vhs picture was never sharp enough

.:!FILDA!:.
Operative
Location: Jirikov, Usti region, Czech Repubilc (Jiříkov, Ústecký kraj, Česká Republika)

Post by .:!FILDA!:. » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:37 am

peterp&j wrote:that episode is speed demons where the hand reaches out to the door :)
Yes yesterday has been broadcasted this episode on our Czech TV Prima and I too noticed that hand, but I don't know why there was been.
Please excuse my english, I'm still learning. Thanks!
!!! FAN FROM CZECH REPUBLIC !!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:24 am

thetruckdriver wrote:ok, how about the one where MK has to grow a tiny beard and moustache in order to look like Garth - but he manages to do it in 1/2 a day! Then, once he get's rumbled, MK manages to get a shave in the middle of the set - but we don't see it!!

.... Why would he have to grow it? Was this a serious post, the excessive use of exclamation points makes me hope it wasn't...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

thetruckdriver
Volunteer

Post by thetruckdriver » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:04 pm

Of course - it was a joke to get things going - who keeps a shaving set in their car!

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:12 pm

How about Knight of the drones when Devon and Micheal are checking out KITT's improvements, for the functions EGM and I think IGP he pushes a button each time he says a letter. That means he pushed three buttons for each function and makes it seem like KITT has various buttons marked with single letters.

KARR_Dude
Volunteer

Post by KARR_Dude » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:46 pm

In episode 'soul survivor' near the end where Michael and KITT are driving along the road, they decide to hit turbo boost for no reason and the clip of KITT flying in mid air is the clip when he was driving on the dirt road earlier when that Kid had control of him. funny :lol:

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:31 am

blowersho wrote:How about Knight of the drones when Devon and Micheal are checking out KITT's improvements, for the functions EGM and I think IGP he pushes a button each time he says a letter. That means he pushed three buttons for each function and makes it seem like KITT has various buttons marked with single letters.

Two funny goofs, I remember about "Knight Of The Drones", is when Devon & MK go to the prison to get a statement from the guard and after they leave the cell area, MK & Devon are talking and Devon asks Michael if he has any ideas as to who is responsible for C.J. Jackson's escape and if you look closely MK says "Halston", but his voice overdubbed with another word. Also at the end of the scene when MK & K.I.T.T. drive off, if you look close enough you can clearly see the "new dash" that K.I.T.T. had instllalled for Season 3 long before the face off with the drones.

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Don't know if this one's been mentioned or not.

In Trust Doesn't Rust, after Michael has jumped from the roof of K.A.R.R. onto K.I.T.T. and gotten back behind the wheel, we go back to K.A.R.R., and you can see the stuntman's foot in shot for a half second or so.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Operative
Location: Jirikov, Usti region, Czech Repubilc (Jiříkov, Ústecký kraj, Česká Republika)

Post by .:!FILDA!:. » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:45 am

.:!FILDA!:. wrote:
peterp&j wrote:that episode is speed demons where the hand reaches out to the door :)
Yes yesterday has been broadcasted this episode on our Czech TV Prima and I too noticed that hand, but I don't know why there was been.
Know somebody why the hand reached out to the door?

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:26 pm

noticeable damage

Buyout

when michael and KITT are driving around the armored vehicles "showing off" to get the driving job you can see a big dent in kitt's left rear quarter panel

Knight of a Thousand Devils

When Kitt goes after one of the bad guys near the end of the episode he smacks him with the rear right quarter panel and it clearly dents

funniest oops in the entire run of the show

Knight in Retreat

When KITT goes after the guy at the end of the episode after michael jumps out, he presses turbo boost with his "finger" (wrong stock turbo boost footage) :lol:

thetruckdriver
Volunteer

Post by thetruckdriver » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:12 am

love that last one! Saw 6 tomorrow - can't wait!

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:27 pm

Know somebody why the hand reached out to the door?
no idea why the hand reaches out. I always thought the guy in the back seat was the sound guy and didn't want the door to slam to hard because he was recording still.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Operative

Post by .:!FILDA!:. » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Hmmm, maybe yeah. I mean that in next shot door opened automaticly, but did not happen. Therefore I've been surprised that nothing happened.

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:14 am

Just My Bill- 1. The turbo boost where K.I.T.T. jumps over the road block of trucks, K.I.T.T.'s hood springs up.
2. The driver side door is open while K.I.T.T. shoots out the smoke screen during the chase.
3. When MK puts K.I.T.T. on Auto, you can see the sleeve of MK's leather jacket as he is pressing the button, however, MK was not wearing the leather jacket at all throughout the chase.

The Nineteenth Hole- In the race scene where MK & K.I.T.T. are trying to catch up to the guy called "Rooster" in the red camaro, there is a shot of MK from a later scene where MK is in his leather jacket that is used within that scene.

Out Of The Woods- In the scene where MK is about to leap out of K.I.T.T. from the driver's side to take Nash out, you can clearly see that MK is not wearing the same outfit as he rises up from K.I.T.T. because the scene is from "Rotten Apples".

knightbas.
Volunteer

Post by knightbas. » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:46 am

Hi, don't know if anyone has posted this one before. I see Knight of the Drones gets mentioned a lot, because the "new" dash appears before it should. However, while listening to this ep on my MP3 player this morning, I heard the accelerator "squelch" noise before it was installed too! It is when Michael is talking to Peter Wongs girlfriend, and Peter has left via the back door. Michael tells KITT to meet him there, and this is when I heard it. I think it's the only time in the ep when this happens.

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:20 am

well spotted knightbas ive just watched the scene and indeed you can clearly hear the accelerator noise when the pedal is floored as the saying goes "you learn something new every day" :o