Sure, NOW they figure this out....

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CrimsonK9
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Sure, NOW they figure this out....

Post by CrimsonK9 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:07 pm

Fortunately, I AM one to say I told you so....

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/01/kn ... ight/29210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
I'm pretty sure they used to - you know - make waffles!
Ooo, Dr.G., pass the syrup!

I speak nine languages AND I have a card that gets me discounts at participating Red Lobster restaurants!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Re: Sure, NOW they figure this out....

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:30 am

It didn't help with the reporting entertainment sites and magazines dissing Knight Rider on every turn. They wanted Jay...let the babies have their Jay.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:27 am

Best news I have seen in weeks, someone get an envelope and mail this to NBC STAT! Or wait, better use FedEx! UPS! Heck use em all!!! Cause well... they clearly don't read their emails do they now.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:22 pm

What is even on at 8-10 for NBC on Wednesdays?

Hey dont Diss, I always liked Jay Leno, i like the Jay Leno show. Its better than David "Cheating" Letterman when jay was on at 11:30
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:51 pm

That's awesome!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PiperToo
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by PiperToo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:39 pm

I had a feeling that Jay Leno every night on prime time was a mistake. And isn't the Firday slot just an encore of SVU? I mean come on! Now NBC is just trying to save money - talk shows and reruns.

Doesn't seem like Hollywood has done anything that made much sense in a long time.
"God bless... Carry on." -Dr. Graiman

Wouldn't you like to be a Piper too?
http://www.pipertoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:45 am

thanks punkmaister for commenting so politely on that story. /sarc.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:25 am

Jay Leno doesnt have to do anything with Knight Rider, he is on at 10 not 8 or the 9 spot like KR was. So it shouldnt be a big deal anyway if Jay Leno is prime time
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:20 pm

If you need any more reason why I am LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF AT NBC, this is it!! These guys, instead of keeping KR2008, which gave them higher ratings then they have now, badmouthed it, and gave Jay Leno a show that is one of the worst things I've ever seen. In fact, All of the new shows at NBC are Horrible. I guess sometimes people have to learn things the hard way. So, to NBC---HA! HA! HA!. That's what you get for not listening to the viewers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:05 pm

Still ppl dont get it, Jay Leno was assigned to 10pm in December, still Jay Leno on earlier still dont mean a thing compared to the time slots that Knight Rider was on.

Yea NBC screwed up by not having KR anymore, but we can put the blame on GST, NBC, no commerical and whatnot, but the final thing to keep a show going is VIEWERS/RATINGS, they werent that strong even when NBC was promoting.
~Jay Leno

Comtron Bum
Volunteer

Post by Comtron Bum » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:16 am

Even though The Jay Leno Show isn't occupying Knight Rider's old time slot, NBC still had to free up 5 hours' worth of scripted, prime-time programming Monday through Friday to accommodate it. Making that time available on their schedule meant cancelling/not renewing existing shows (and not purchasing any new shows) to make sure that the 10pm hour is free each night.

I don't think anybody's placing blame on Jay Leno personally. But any series that was regarded as "on the bubble," as in Knight Rider's case, certainly wasn't helped by NBC's decision to give him a prime-time show 5 nights a week.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:55 am

I saw this the other day and it is a little bittersweet. NBC has really been screwing the pooch over the last several years. The fact that they canceled Southside before they even started airing new episodes is something I saw coming months ago when the show's ratings went into the toilet soon after being renewed for a second season. I bet KR is starting to look better and better especially since its ratings were slowly starting to climb back up IIRC.

NBC needs a complete and total restructuring, including firing EVERYONE who has any sort of decision making power.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:24 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I saw this the other day and it is a little bittersweet. NBC has really been screwing the pooch over the last several years. The fact that they canceled Southside before they even started airing new episodes is something I saw coming months ago when the show's ratings went into the toilet soon after being renewed for a second season. I bet KR is starting to look better and better especially since its ratings were slowly starting to climb back up IIRC.

NBC needs a complete and total restructuring, including firing EVERYONE who has any sort of decision making power.
NBC is dying, in the Philly area, there are talks that Comcast might be purchasing NBC
~Jay Leno

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Exactly, the fact that Leno is on Primetime 5 days a week meant NBC had to free up 5 hours worth of tv. How I love seeing Leno hurting for ratings.
Ice rider coming 2009

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 pm

djshag69 wrote:Exactly, the fact that Leno is on Primetime 5 days a week meant NBC had to free up 5 hours worth of tv. How I love seeing Leno hurting for ratings.
They had the 5 hours free up because nothing else was working at 10pm, ER finished last year. They would of had to find 5 other shows to fill the spot, but the way NBC shows work, they probably would die in the 1st week. moving Jay is probably the smartest move they did.
~Jay Leno

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Yeah, Jay is sucking wind, but it doesn't cost much to produce, and that's all that really matters to NBC these days. They can produce a week of Jay for what it cost to make one KR ep. Simple economics.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Not only that, but although Jay's ratings are dropping, NBC isn't necessarily blaming him just yet. He has heavy competition at the moment and the real test will be how his ratings hold up during all the repeat episodes on other networks. One thing he has on his side is new shows every night through the off-season.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:46 pm

I hope that the news that ComCast might buy NBC are true if it comes to fruition it will mark the end of them ruining TV for viewers for good once and for all. It will mean no more absurd intermission into the programing of channels they purchased just to cancel programs thinking it would improve their ratings as they did with the former Scifi now Syfy channel and USA network.