A Couple of Questions

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Hasslehoff Hound
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A Couple of Questions

Post by Hasslehoff Hound » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi All,
Just a couple of quick questions about KNIGHT RIDER 2008:
1.) Was Mike's Mam ever seen in the original KNIGHT RIDER

2.) If the car in this series is three thousand when is KNIGHT RIDER 2000 set ?

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Re: A Couple of Questions

Post by KITT » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:19 pm

a) you spelled hasselhoff wrong.
what is a mam?

b) i don't think the 2000 or 3000 were related to the current year of the show.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:07 pm

A) No, Jennifer Traceur was never mentioned in the original series.
B) KR2008 largely ignores all other KR universes (KR2000, KR2010, TKR) and continues from the original series.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hasslehoff Hound
Volunteer

Post by Hasslehoff Hound » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:08 am

Thank-you for that tamatt27. But if KNIGHT RIDER 2008 ignores the others - fair enough KNIGHT RIDER 2010 wasn't really connected to the show - how is Hasselhoff in it ? KITT. A Mam is a mother. I know I've spelt Hasselhoff wrong but I don't know how to change it. :?

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:57 am

That's true! Knight Rider 2010 has absolutely nothing to do with the original franchise and neither do Hasselhoff. It's just that somewhere along the 90's somebody came up with an idea to use rockets and space thrusters on a car that has no aerodynamics whatsoever and then they had this guy (presumably a Michael Knight-character) set to save the world from criminals and what not.

Terrible movie. Not even worth watching!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:11 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:That's true! Knight Rider 2010 has absolutely nothing to do with the original franchise and neither do Hasselhoff. It's just that somewhere along the 90's somebody came up with an idea to use rockets and space thrusters on a car that has no aerodynamics whatsoever and then they had this guy (presumably a Michael Knight-character) set to save the world from criminals and what not.

Terrible movie. Not even worth watching!
Don't forget that the car had the soul of a person transplanted in it. It was also set in a Mad Max kind of apocalyptic world...so it really wasn't relative to what we would consider KR.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Don't forget that the car had the soul of a person transplanted in it. It was also set in a Mad Max kind of apocalyptic world...so it really wasn't relative to what we would consider KR.
Yes, exactly!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway