My KI3T PC Mod in progress

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

wildblueman07
Volunteer

My KI3T PC Mod in progress

Post by wildblueman07 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:07 am

Hey everyone,

Earlier this year i started to mod my PC tower into a KR Tower. Here is what i got so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13cjArcMH9o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was going to buy the KI3T orb, but thats a little rich for by blood at this time so i am looking for someone that can create a program that will run at 640 x 480 pix and will sit at the position 1600 x 0. Only thing i have on the 5" LCD screen atm is a CPU temp, Fan speed, HDD Temp, Tower temp, Network traffic, Etc. Only type of program that works for me atm. But i would like simple program with KI3T's orb that will move with sounds. Such as music and diffrent sounds. nothing too complicated. well for me it is since im not a programmer.

wildblueman07
Volunteer

Re: My KI3T PC Mod in progress

Post by wildblueman07 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:04 am

here is a updated video of the tower and what it shows on the 5" screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYw86zwIaMU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brumiedave1979
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by brumiedave1979 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:55 am

that little screen looks sweet with the scanner too where did you get your scanner from and was it easy to fit :good:

wildblueman07
Volunteer

Post by wildblueman07 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:04 pm

the scanner was from some website for electronic assembly kits. It was labeled for a Battlestar Galactica Cylons kit. For the life of me I can not find that website again tho. As for fitting it, i took one of the empty drive bay plates and cut out the size hole for the lights to shine through. To get the colors to look better and not like some LEDs, I got a plastic clear tube and cut it down to size and put it infront of the scanner. But it is almost as wide as a drive bay. For power its connected to the original power meant for the LEDs that was originally on this tower.

wildblueman07
Volunteer

Post by wildblueman07 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:37 am

so i take it no one can create a program that im looking for?