Knight Industries Research Site

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

2K&3KKITT
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Industries Research Site

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 pm

http://www.knightindustriesresearch.com/

This is the Knight Industires Research Website that almost everyone knows about. The one that shows all the 'episodes/missions' and the profiles of all the important people who worked with the SSC. Now it is just the four (Mike, Sarah, Billy, Zoe) and of course Kitt. I checked the site a week or so ago and it said that it was under construction. I just checked back with it today and it said the same thing. Does anyone know what's going on with it? I don't think its because the series has been put on halt (sorry, i don't think it's canceled yet). Is it really under construction and if it is, can anyone give us a preview of what it's gonna look like? ;) Just wonderin.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Samborghini
Rookie

Re: Knight Industries Research Site

Post by Samborghini » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:05 pm

The site has been like that for a while now, NBC aren't doing anything with it, there's no point. I think it's been like that since 'Knight to King's Pawn' and I think it's best now to start believing that the series has been canned.
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

modelmaker
Volunteer

Post by modelmaker » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Sorry to drag this thread back up, i was looking through my bookmarks and noticed this site had changed from what i last saw. http://www.knightindustriesresearch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is this what you guys already saw???

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:10 am

Endless looping back to title page. It's not a memory hog, so it'll stay up until someone figures out that they could save a few bytes by deleting the page. FYI, there's still Bionic Woman, Kath & Kim, Kings, and My Own Worst Enemy material up on NBC as well, so it's not just KR 08.

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:43 am

I hate to say it but I think KITT was a victim of cancelation unfortunately. I had the same results as the rest of you had with trying to get through to the site. I do remember the site was bigger and better than just the splash page. Is there anyway one of us website savvy types could do our own version of the site with the same "material" as the NBC site? Just curious. I used to have a website of my own as some of you may recall, but then the two kids came and I got so involved with them, I just let the site expire since it was so out of date anyway. I might get one on myspace one of these days.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:07 pm

The main question would be if anyone archived each page with content...

but...

since it's all owned by NBC, you'd have to get some sort of permission to display that content. Otherwise, you'd probably see a wall of lawyers coming to shut it down.