Where is KI3T?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Where is KI3T?

Post by GT500KR » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:56 pm

Just wondering for all of those in the Hollywood area, is KI3T just sitting around on the lot or did Universal crush them?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Where is KI3T?

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:11 am

No it is not crushed, however it is not sold either. I would reckon it is in storage somewhere, if they are not back at Shelby.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:01 am

Only one or two of the cars were Shelby's weren't they, or am I mistaken about that. The rest were dressed up Mustangs I though.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:49 am

knightfever wrote:Only one or two of the cars were Shelby's weren't they, or am I mistaken about that. The rest were dressed up Mustangs I though.
I do believe that's right, there were several Shelby-only parts on them. I would be interested to know where they are as well! I do hope they'll be able to get them to appear at the Festival in March again!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:43 pm

Did they ever find the KI3T that was stolen that one time?
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:50 pm

knightfever wrote:Only one or two of the cars were Shelby's weren't they, or am I mistaken about that. The rest were dressed up Mustangs I though.
non of them were truly "shelby" vehicles. KI3T is automatic and all Shelby are Manual. They were Shelby parts on the car, for instance the Rims - only can get them through Shelby or if the production company had a deal with Alcoa

but the VIN number is not a Shelby GT500 or GT500KR.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:Did they ever find the KI3T that was stolen that one time?
You mean that one where they were promoting the show somewhere and some random person just walked up to KI3T and stole him?

I think that was just a joke and made for fun?
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:05 pm

I think that was a publicity stunt.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 am

tamatt27 wrote:
I think that was a publicity stunt.
It was a stunt and the "thief" then drove around towns with the car fast and randomly so it can be noticed.

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:47 am

GT500KR wrote:
non of them were truly "shelby" vehicles. KI3T is automatic and all Shelby are Manual. They were Shelby parts on the car, for instance the Rims - only can get them through Shelby or if the production company had a deal with Alcoa

I had thought the one in the pilot was a true Shelby GT500KR. In the scene where KITT is made to power down, a manual shift pops up out of the console and a clutch pedal drops down.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:21 pm

knightfever wrote:
GT500KR wrote:

I had thought the one in the pilot was a true Shelby GT500KR. In the scene where KITT is made to power down, a manual shift pops up out of the console and a clutch pedal drops down.
I heard from Ted Moser in an interview, saying they were just Mustang V6 or the GT with the V8. Also when the Pilot was been filmed, KR's were not even made yet.
~Jay Leno

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:48 pm

knightfever wrote:
GT500KR wrote:
knightfever wrote: non of them were truly "shelby" vehicles. KI3T is automatic and all Shelby are Manual. They were Shelby parts on the car, for instance the Rims - only can get them through Shelby or if the production company had a deal with Alcoa

I heard from Ted Moser in an interview, saying they were just Mustang V6 or the GT with the V8. Also when the Pilot was been filmed, KR's were not even made yet.
That is correct. At the time of filming the 2 Hour Pilot Movie the GT500KR was not in production yet so Ford gave V6 and GT Mustangs to the crew and I'd assume also gave them the Shelby parts to place on the Mustang(s). Also for the series they used V6 and GT(s) as KITT has the retro gauges seen on the V6 and GT Models, and they were all automatics. If you can dig up those build pictures that Taoworm posted you can clearly see there not Shelbys. These models were also much cheaper to use and wreck up if needed then fix them up cheaper then the Shelby counterparts.

Another thing i'd also assume they did was use the V6 models for the interior shots and the green screen car while using the GT models for the hero car, attack car and the stunts.

As for the Manual transmission seen in the Pilot I'm sure that was just a Manual GT.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:18 am

The manual transmission was just a mock up. A visual gimmick, the cars were all Automatic, for Justin could not drive a manual.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 am

Solid Snake wrote:The manual transmission was just a mock up. A visual gimmick, the cars were all Automatic, for Justin could not drive a manual.
I wish you wouldn't have said that...I lost some respect for him.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:14 pm

If anyone knows where the show cars are, and if GST (I assume they're at GST productions) is willing to sell them. I'll buy the KR3 (as seen in the video posted here on KRO). Or at least one Hero car. Maybe more...

Neps, you had contact with GST in the past, right? Any chance you can find out if he's selling? :-)
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Solid Snake wrote:No it is not crushed, however it is not sold either. I would reckon it is in storage somewhere, if they are not back at Shelby.
It's sad to think that the scene where KI3T is in a storage box in Area 51 in Knight to King's Pawn may have been a prelude to the real thing... can't imagine the show cars sitting in storage collecting dust somewhere.

We'll save you KITT!!!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:00 pm

FLAGCEO wrote:If anyone knows where the show cars are, and if GST (I assume they're at GST productions) is willing to sell them. I'll buy the KR3 (as seen in the video posted here on KRO). Or at least one Hero car. Maybe more...

Neps, you had contact with GST in the past, right? Any chance you can find out if he's selling? :-)
Do u have $150,000-250,000 for KI3T that is at least how much it went for during Barrett-Jackson a year ago with the Pilot Cars
~Jay Leno

Apolian
Volunteer

Post by Apolian » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Well i don't Know where KI3T is but i Know what happend to KI2T. After Michael left the foundation he went to the darkside lol. He is now a giant hammer monster and fights against the Rangers . If you don't belive me go to Youtube and Look for ep 21 of the rpm season

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:33 am

GT500KR wrote:
FLAGCEO wrote:If anyone knows where the show cars are, and if GST (I assume they're at GST productions) is willing to sell them. I'll buy the KR3 (as seen in the video posted here on KRO). Or at least one Hero car. Maybe more...

Do u have $150,000-250,000 for KI3T that is at least how much it went for during Barrett-Jackson a year ago with the Pilot Cars
I wasn't suggesting I'd buy it at the Barrett-Jackson (or similar) auction. I'm hoping GST will just sell it to me for Kelly Blue Book. (yes, it's a pipe dream, but hey, it's my pipe dream!)

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:59 pm

Nothing wrong with that.

Gotta have dreams bro :wink:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:08 pm

FLAGCEO wrote: I wasn't suggesting I'd buy it at the Barrett-Jackson (or similar) auction. I'm hoping GST will just sell it to me for Kelly Blue Book. (yes, it's a pipe dream, but hey, it's my pipe dream!)
I was just mention if GST or anyone did sell the series cars, it would be around 150,000, probably hard to get it at Blue Book, since the modification done to the car, probably not really street legal.

Most TV/Movie HERO cars are not street legal.
~Jay Leno

Aydann.
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Aydann. » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:45 am

I thought that somebody actually stole the car.. Theirs LOADS of Videos on youtube about it.
One man can make a difference, Michael.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:07 am

Aydann. wrote:I thought that somebody actually stole the car.. Theirs LOADS of Videos on youtube about it.
I'm fairly sure that was a viral marketing campaign that never gained much traction.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:36 pm

When negotiating a price you should ask if the CGI is included or is it extra?

lol
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

plummo_vtec
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by plummo_vtec » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:54 pm

also regarding this i have noticed both willwood and brembo brakes on the car