Great News for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Re: Great New for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

Post by Slade » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Cant wait to see.

Sounds like hard work just for the dash part...
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

lphill01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by lphill01 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm new here, but I've been lurking the boards for some time and checking in regularly on Taoworm's Youtube channel. Someone mentioned the under dash lighting, I've accomplished it and thought you guys might like to see it. Here's a link to my Cardomain page. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3074533" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the dash lighting, I used a Dremel to cut the holes. The drivers side is easy, the passenger side is a little more complicated because there's a metal brace for the airbag in the leading edge of the dash. Then I covered the holes with pieces of a diffuser from an office florescent light fixture. They're wired up to come on whenever the key is on ACC, and I'm using blue 12 inch OPTX thin tubes, but I want to switch to 15 inch eventually.

--Oh yeah, and the orb computer is amazing! And I'm interested depending on fundage when they're released!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:06 am

lphill01 that looks so badass! Thanks for the heads up on the metal bracket. :good:
E-mail me later on my youtube channel and we will talk.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:58 am

That looks awesome! Is that your radio up where the center A/C vents were? More pics of that please!! 8)
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lphill01
Operative

Post by lphill01 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks! No problem on the heads up. I'll try to take some pics to show where the bracket is.

The center screen is for my car computer. It is connected to the radio with a PIE auxiliary hookup. It has iNav 3.0, Frodoplayer (with a custom skin loosely based on KI3T's center screen from the pilot) for my music, and runs on Windows XP. The CPU is actually in the trunk. I'm thinking about turning the power point under the screen into a USB plug to load maps and music. I'm still thinking about where to relocate it if I decide to get Taoworm's orb.
I'm actually looking for some animated gifs or flash animations of KITT rotating (like on the HUD) for the pc. Anyone know where I could find one?

Oh yeah, and it will become KARR when I'm done. Since KARR's interior was never shown, it gives me some artistic lisense.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Amazing stuff there :good:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:57 pm

Wow, that's most impressive!! Definatly keep us up to date!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:55 pm

lphill01,
I have the original mustang animation graphic from the pilot. I will be selling the center LCD console and fiberglass bezel along with the original animations from the pilot. Let me know if you wanna go that route.

Again the items I will be selling for Mustang owners is:

The Knight 3000 Interactive Voice Orb (Responds in Val Kilmer's voice) HD audio Not taped from episode but before.

The Center Console LCD and bezel

The laser HUD system with a clear laminate for the windshield that displays the graphics of the spedo and tach. Includes 2 or 3 laser projectors for windshield projection.

The blue dash lights

Holographic gauges (Patented and created just for this project)

Green laser scanner ( Two mounted green 300mw laser diodes with a flat angle beam intensity, widely dispersed.)

Plus 2 other projects in the works. :good:

jeremy223
Rookie

Post by jeremy223 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Sounds great! When's all this gonna be available? And where can you find an AFFORDABLE scanner.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:11 pm

jeremy223 wrote:Sounds great! When's all this gonna be available? And where can you find an AFFORDABLE scanner.
What he said!!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:12 am

A very AFFORDABLE scanner is in the works. :good:
PM me for more info

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:49 pm

Update: I ordered my hood today. I'm expecting it to come in the end of next week. It should be painted and installed by early Sept. I'll have to do vinyl stripes myself.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:05 pm

I 'm happy in france there is no la regarding safety issue disabled with new car and a ot of people here drive car with a non airbag wheels so I can put the momo sttering wheels leagally^^
I d'ont want to have an airbag light up so I'm planing of replacing the airbag with a resistor ,so all the other airbag 'ill remain functionnak and no light up , I juste must figure a way to find the right resistor capacity

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:34 pm

Pierre wrote:I 'm happy in france there is no la regarding safety issue disabled with new car and a ot of people here drive car with a non airbag wheels so I can put the momo sttering wheels leagally^^
I d'ont want to have an airbag light up so I'm planing of replacing the airbag with a resistor ,so all the other airbag 'ill remain functionnak and no light up , I juste must figure a way to find the right resistor capacity
Take a multimeter and ohm out the airbag itself. That should do it.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:23 pm

tamatt27 wrote:Update: I ordered my hood today. I'm expecting it to come in the end of next week. It should be painted and installed by early Sept. I'll have to do vinyl stripes myself.
Awesome,cant wait to see :D

Theres no detail or paint shop that can do that for ya?Hopefully it wont be to hard :)

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Slade wrote:
tamatt27 wrote:Update: I ordered my hood today. I'm expecting it to come in the end of next week. It should be painted and installed by early Sept. I'll have to do vinyl stripes myself.
Awesome,cant wait to see :D

Theres no detail or paint shop that can do that for ya?Hopefully it wont be to hard :)
My body shop could do the vinyl stripes or paint them (for an extra $2700), but I'd find more satisfaction by doing them myself. 8)

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:03 pm

My goodness thats outrageous :shock: .Ive never heard of a vinyl detailing that would cost that much.

I guess free is better then nothing,whats the price for the vinyl itself?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Slade wrote:My goodness thats outrageous :shock: .Ive never heard of a vinyl detailing that would cost that much.

I guess free is better then nothing,whats the price for the vinyl itself?
That $2700 would be for painted stripes.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:33 am

Your kidding me,Ive never seen vinyls be that expensive :shock:

KittCrazy1992
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by KittCrazy1992 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:37 am

:dash4:

I am about to purchase a beautiful black 2005 Ford Mustang and convert it to Ki3t. I have the Knight Rider voice recognition software custom made by a computer engineer and it is highly responsive and advanced. Now my car will truly have a piece of artificial intelligence embedded inside of its luxurious cabin!!! :good:

I then plan to purchase the Kitt scanner and install it?? Does anyone know where I can find the 2008 Knight Rider steering wheel???? I have searched everywhere?

:kitt: :kitt2:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:40 am

The steering wheel for the pilot is a Momo Millennium steering wheel.
If you want the one from the series and not the pilot then I have to ask why...and check you for a fever... :lol:

KnightRider87t/a
Recruit

Post by KnightRider87t/a » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:43 am

I found a GT500KR replica hood on google!

just type on google GT500 venom hood and you can buy it looks exactly like a KR hood here's a video of the hood on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc4v3gQeKCM

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:01 am

That's NOT the right hood KnightRider87t/a. The one you posted is a venom hood.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:05 am

This is the Venom hood and it's made by Trufiber.
http://www.lmperformance.com/19364/73.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The one posted is made for the stock Mustang front end, however the Venom is made for the GT500 bumper. The Trufiber Venom hood is the only wayfor non-KR owners to get the KR hood. Shelby is not selling any KR hoods except as a replacement part for GT500KR owners, and they must return their old hood first.
I'll post pics of the Venom hood on my KI3T by the beginning of next week when it arrives. 8)

iKUJO
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by iKUJO » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:06 am

Can we just please have some kind of ETA for atleast some of the products. I would really like to do alot of this stuff but I am a soldier and heading to Afghanistan soon I am trying to purchase this before I leave. I want to make sure I get my KI3T.