Knight Rider 2008 DVD is here

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider 2008 DVD is here

Post by neps » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:40 am

Stylez wrote:Please tell me these are single sided discs and not double sided like the first gen copies of the original series?
Yes, single sided!

See pic:

more here: http://knightrideronline.com/photos/kni ... -2008-dvd/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:00 am

neps wrote: See pic:

more here: http://knightrideronline.com/photos/kni ... -2008-dvd/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is very good original DVD Knight Rider 2008! 8)

Alex.

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:05 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:On a side note I thought I should mention why GST's name is not on the DVD as well as why one of the cast members had there likeness struck from the box art.
Anyone have a guess yet?
It's because GST was embarrassed of the project (mainly the reboot) and didn't want his name associated with the said failed series. :x

He wants people to remember his name with Las Vegas not Knight Rider.
Sad but True.

Another interesting tid bit is that Ford brought Knight Rider back to series after the pilot, NOT NBC, the Hoff or David Bartis. (Go figure right?) NBC didn't want to do anything past the pilot TV Movie. But Ford blackballed them.
I have a lot of other info shaking around in my head, but I just took a "aspirin" so that's all I can recall. :roll: :lol:

Why wasn't Syndney Tamiia Poitier pic there at back of the box set? I got my box set Friday and I enjoy it. Glad i got it.
Always keep Knight Rider in your heart and soul and it will live on forever.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:46 am

those are really nice dvd's, i like the way they printed on each individual disc :good: :good:
in glen larson we trust.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:30 am

i personally hate how you have to remove a disc to get to the one behind it. i had a few 2 disc DVD sets for movies that did that freaking annoying when your juggling the disc you take out of a player you have to take out 2 discs to get to the 1 you want :?.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:44 am

It is the same thing when I bought the Matrix DVD collection. each film comes in 2 DVDs placed exactly as shown in the picture. the first DVD is the movie, the second is "the making of". I dont like it Image :kitt:

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:44 am

I too don't like that you have to take out the top disc to get to the bottom disc. I suppose, though, that they were trying to make the packaging as cheaply as possible.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Quicksilver
Volunteer

Post by Quicksilver » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:49 pm

I thought about buying this but I am going to pass. I am disappointed this isn't on blu-ray. I am just going to buy this on the itunes store and get it in HD. I have a HDTV and watching on dvd isn't going to be as good as hi-def.

This isn't SPAM. I found a deal for anyone who is looking for a sale on KR Season 1. Deepdiscountdvd.com has a 25% sale that expires on August 2. They have KR Season 1 for $36.89. Use the code SUPERSALE brings down the price to $27.67.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:03 pm

I got through my kr 2008 marathon yesterday.I was going to post my reaction but the site was down.All I have to say about this new series is........... :cry: I liked it so much I feel sad that its gone.We should all be very grateful for what we did have a brief moment of knight rider returning since 85 that we could all share.We were mostly all in those chat rooms enjoying kr and describing what people in central time were waiting for.We had fun comparing it to scenes they were trying to remake for this series.I really loved how it was like after the reboot.I still say this show had great ratings but so many of us felt it wasn't enough of a continuation of the old series we loved.On its own merit if the original kr wasn't factored into the equation,i'd say this was a great show all its own.

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:32 pm

This boxed set is just.... a shame, they could have put so much on these dvd's just to throw us one more bone. the material was shot, and in the can, so why not include it. etc etc...

also.. 55 retail in the store for 17 episodes is hideous. i know its only like 39 at target, but still. 40 for this set seems like a lot to me.

i did see the gag reel via youtube and all i can say is why bother?? the gag real however did make a very poignant.. point... the outtake of the scene with billy, calling that mother of the deceased man.... that scene right there is a perfect example of the "awkward moment" this series had so many of.

Also, I loved *?$# show alot, and really wish it had a chance to continue. more on this in the next podcast
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Has the DVDs been cut in anyway,I read somewhere that Exit Light Enter Knight is shorter,then when it aired?

Any ideas?
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Let me think, Slade...no, I have no ideas. Balls! Image

Alex.

BlueAveo
Volunteer

Post by BlueAveo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:56 pm

I got mine from FYE the other day. It was listed for 59.99 but when I went to check out it came to 39.99. I was a little suprised about it but they gave it to me for the ring up price when I asked about it. I don't know though if they fixed the others or not.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:14 am

Just curious Alex...I cant tell myself,looks normal to me...

Well thats good BlueAveo,better then paying 60 bucks :wink:

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:24 am

Okay, Slade. :)

You know...the DVD Knight Rider 2008 is very good, but I have to buy! 8)

Alex.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Doh!!! sorry Alex,I suppose all in good time youll have your copy.

Anyone else see anything diffrent on the DVDs?

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Slade,

I do not like the piracy and counterfeit copies DVD Knight Rider 2008, because I only buy the stores original DVD Knight Rider, because I respect the rules and the law. But I still don't have original DVD Knight Rider 2008, because one day I will buy the store original DVD Knight Rider 2008 for me.

8)
Alex.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Alex wrote:Slade,

I do not like the piracy and counterfeit copies DVD Knight Rider 2008, because I only buy the stores original DVD Knight Rider, because I respect the rules and the law. But I still don't have original DVD Knight Rider 2008, because one day I will buy the store original DVD Knight Rider 2008 for me.

8)
Alex.

Not me. I downloaded the entire season off from a torrent and I have all the episodes for free AND in High Def. :good:
Why would I pay money for 4 DVDs I can download for free and my free version is STILL better quality than the DVD paid option.?
As far as the law is concerned it is NOT illegal to download a tv show. Movie maybe, song maybe, tv show, no.
And before anyone cries "TV shows are copyrighted too", I know, but it works VERY different. TV is public anyway. No fee has to be paid except by the advertiser. Those of you downloading tv shows from torrent sites will never be prosecuted because of the nature of how TV shows air en mass. Now movies and music, that's another story.
The ONLY reason I would ever buy this set is for the pilot commentary. If its any good. The bloopers had a lot to be desired.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:28 am

1st:The Gag Reel can be found if you have it on the 2nd disc of the KR DVD under bonus features. I just saw it under there.

2nd: Maybe its me I don't know, but how do you move the arrow thing to get the last to episode to show up on your scene. When you go and view the episode index? I can't do it.

Thanks for any help.
Always keep Knight Rider in your heart and soul and it will live on forever.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:17 am

Why would I pay money for 4 DVDs I can download for free and my free version is STILL better quality than the DVD paid option.?
Probably because if there is the slightest chance this show is coming back will also be largely based on how it does on DVD? Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty leniant when it comes to piracy myself (mainly because the law has the knack of protecting them more than us), but in this particular situation, it's in our best interest to go out and buy it. I have the full season myself (from the days the show aired, since it doesn't air here), but I intend on buying the Region-2 DVD when it comes out.

Tom
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:56 am

I sure hope a region 2 version comes out, so I can have it as well :)
"Pain is temporary, but the pride lasts forever"

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:09 am

Tom wrote:I sure hope a region 2 version comes out, so I can have it as well :)
If anything a region 2 version will be coming out in the winter or around the holidays at the earliest, as some large markets still did not start airing the show. RTL Germany (the biggest station in Central Europe) I believe is starting in August... so it will take a while, as right now they are synchronizing the shows voice overs.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Tom
Rookie

Post by Tom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:21 am

ah, the last episode aired in Norway at Monday you see.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:50 am

Play.com has a listing for it, scheduled for September. Granted, history says they can't be trusted in regards to release dates (unless something has been officially confirmed), but they wouldn't put a listing up if they weren't informed the product was coming out eventually.

Tom
Rookie

Post by Tom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:25 pm

cool, thanks :)