LAST URGING ATTEMPT TO SAVE KR08

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

LAST URGING ATTEMPT TO SAVE KR08

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:03 pm

I've suggested alternating networks in the past, others immediately refered SYFY. We all know the reasons why this is the best possible choice, so with it being the end of July now, we most likely have a thread of a chance left to get this show renewed.

Is there any way we can suggest this show? Posting boards obviously don't work. We could all make a pitching donation to our local walmart or where ever the series dvd may be, or amazon.com.

Does anybody know anything at all about the possibility here?

Knight94
Operative

Re: LAST URGING ATTEMPT TO SAVE KR08

Post by Knight94 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:24 pm

I think it'd be great for SyFy to pick KR08 up, since it is largely considered a sci-fi series. With the DVD set out,
that could be a way of getting people to watch it and they might like it. I think it could be worth the effort.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:12 pm

is there a way to keep track of the KR Dvd sales?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Dee_Jay77
Recruit

Post by Dee_Jay77 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:25 pm

GT500KR wrote:is there a way to keep track of the KR Dvd sales?

I dunno but I can tell you I bought 10 copies yesterday I plan on giving them out at birthdays and christmas until i run out

Dee_Jay77
Recruit

Post by Dee_Jay77 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:25 pm

I dunno but I can tell you I bought 10 copies yesterday I plan on giving them out at birthdays and christmas until i run out

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:52 pm

I don't know about the dvd sales, but; I am currently getting ready to write Ford on how they can revive interest in KR08 by creating GT Mustang versions of KI2T based off of my design. For a look at my design, go to http://www.flag2.weebly.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:56 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:I've suggested alternating networks in the past, others immediately refered SYFY. We all know the reasons why this is the best possible choice, so with it being the end of July now, we most likely have a thread of a chance left to get this show renewed.

Is there any way we can suggest this show? Posting boards obviously don't work. We could all make a pitching donation to our local walmart or where ever the series dvd may be, or amazon.com.

Does anybody know anything at all about the possibility here?

I would say mail, mail NBC mail SyFy, mail Ford... mail mail mail... let them know that there is interest in the show. The key is however that it does not suffice if one or two people do that in the name of a couple of million, there need to be a lot of mails... a lot of people responding. I urge all people to do this and send in suggestions (if need be by PM to me) and I will be willing to compile them and get something going again to kickstart our ongoing campaign into overdrive http://www.twitter.com/savekitt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . What would also help is if one of the original cast would support us openly and get some momentum going, it would be nice if the Hoff would do the same...
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:33 pm

Kal-el4 wrote:I don't know about the dvd sales, but; I am currently getting ready to write Ford on how they can revive interest in KR08 by creating GT Mustang versions of KI2T based off of my design. For a look at my design, go to http://www.flag2.weebly.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No offense that aint going to work, so i wouldnt bother..........Also your designs is too complex and would take Ford to much time and money to build it

if they wanted to gain interest in KR, they would do a special Knight Rider(KI3T) edition mustang, like GM is having a Transformers Bumblebee edition Camaro
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:23 pm

I for see a future renewal, IF NBC allows KR08 syndication. Add that to DVD sales. Hell it brought Family Guy and most recently Futurama back from the grave. Futurama hasn't had a new episode since 2003 it was very strong syndication and dvd sales that got it back on air. It will return in 2010 on Comedy Central Same with Family Guy. It was cancelled twice. But as with Futurama strong DVD sales and via syndication it returned. So I never say never for KR08. It may return next year or 5 yrs down the road. As long as it returns SOMETIME, I'll be happy!
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

Tom
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:40 pm

xmguy wrote:I for see a future renewal, IF NBC allows KR08 syndication. Add that to DVD sales. Hell it brought Family Guy and most recently Futurama back from the grave. Futurama hasn't had a new episode since 2003 it was very strong syndication and dvd sales that got it back on air. It will return in 2010 on Comedy Central Same with Family Guy. It was cancelled twice. But as with Futurama strong DVD sales and via syndication it returned. So I never say never for KR08. It may return next year or 5 yrs down the road. As long as it returns SOMETIME, I'll be happy!
Agreed
"Pain is temporary, but the pride lasts forever"

Comtron Bum
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Comtron Bum » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Long-time reader, first-time poster, etc...

Anyway... it would be great to see production of KR08 ramp back up at some point. I grew to genuinely like watching the show by the end of the season. But I just don't see a series that ran 17 episodes being heavily syndicated, unless a SyFy-type channel buys the rights and airs it as summer filler or has some kind of "Knight Rider Week" and airs it in marathon form. It's awfully difficult to compare this show to Family Guy's situation, where they had 50 episodes in syndication, and the best-selling TV DVD set of all time when the show went back into production in 2005.

I suppose it's possible for them to produce episodes for first-run syndication- the Star Trek franchise had more than a little luck with that model, and there were no shortage of special effects there. Those shows could hardly be considered low budget. But those series ended 10 to 15 years ago, and that model has changed a lot since then. I think people would get to watch a far better show if KR08 were picked up by USA or SyFy, unlikely as that may be.

Or, hey, maybe NBC sees a positive reaction from the international audiences, and the DVD sales eclipse their expectations. They remember the more positive reviews the show received after the re-tooling. Justin Bruening signed a new deal with NBC in the spring, and it sounds like the principals are still under contract. Maybe they decide to produce the rest of the first season scripts and we see the show come back as a mid-season or summer replacement. After all, Seinfeld was off the schedule for a calendar year between its first and second seasons.

I'd really like to see the show come back. If it doesn't, I'm just happy I got to see 17 new episodes of Knight Rider.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:57 am

xmguy wrote:I for see a future renewal, IF NBC allows KR08 syndication. Add that to DVD sales. Hell it brought Family Guy and most recently Futurama back from the grave. Futurama hasn't had a new episode since 2003 it was very strong syndication and dvd sales that got it back on air. It will return in 2010 on Comedy Central Same with Family Guy. It was cancelled twice. But as with Futurama strong DVD sales and via syndication it returned. So I never say never for KR08. It may return next year or 5 yrs down the road. As long as it returns SOMETIME, I'll be happy!
This really says it all. I dont there is anything we can do now that may help. we all mail NBC and FORD and we got the result that we didnt want to get. all we have to do is wait for the DVD sales + the International perception to take effect.
Having NBC as the last networks in ratings is very bad for us. all they are looking for is money. so unless they are convinced they are having good invesment in KR, we are not sure when we will see KR make a comeback Image :kitt:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:23 am

Knight, though your theory is sound, it is not entirely fact checked... We all mailed you say... I dread to think how many actually did mail, I can speak for myself for sure and say I DID mail... and I still email on random times... but I reckon a lot of people actually did not mail (yet)... I say we need a kick start and get the campaign on full power again and try to get KR back as a mid season show... on any NBC related channel.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:39 pm

I need to send off some REAL letters too. I never did that. I did sign alot of petitions. I think I e-mailed them a few times too. I think for anything to go forward e-mails, letters, etc need to be send to NBC Universal HQ themselves. So MAYBE a renewal will come about on one of NBC Universal's cable networks. It would do better on a cable network vs. a national network station.
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:17 am

I have to admit that I haven't had the chance to mail anyone, although I did sign a lot of petitions. Later today if I have the chance I'm gonna sit down and write NBC, Sci-Fi (SyFy), Ford, all of them about getting the show back on route.
Dee_Jay77 wrote:

Oh, and my birthday is coming up next week! Wanna give my one of those DVDs as a gift?!?! LOL, just kidding. :D
SOOOO true! This is what I've been saying all along! KR will come back eventually, even if it takes a while. Let's all rattle some cages and wait for the right thing to fall out!
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;