Mike Traceur parentage...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Mike Traceur parentage...

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:50 am

Ok im going to have a stab at a really long shot here...

Tying Mike Traceur into the original series...

When KR was written originally, Scent of the Roses was intended to be the series finale... Stevie had died and MK was going 'home' to the foundation.

So what happened after that???

Well after some deliberation, Devon finally reveals a secret that he had been sworn to keep from MK by Stevie...

Michael Long had a son... (which would actually make the guy about 28-29 in KR08, not 24)

Stevie was pregnant when ML was shot but didnt find out until ML was 'dead'. She panicked, feeling that she couldnt raise the kid on her own and put him up for adoption. It was only after 'White Bird' that she let Devon know what had happened but the decision was made that MK should not be told and that the young child should remain in care away from FLAG and MK's world for his own protection.

After MK returns to FLAG, following the events of 'SotR, Devon feels he has to tell MK of his son and thats when young Mike is moved to live with Jenny. This would explain a couple of things from the kr08 pilot...

For example, the phrase "from the very first day..." Mike's feeling of detatchment from Jenny. It would also tie up something from the KR website where Mikes age and details are classified.

This would have been a great arc to explore in season 2 of the new KR. It would have been nice to find out what happened for Charles Graiman to inherit all of the FLAG funding etc, what happened to the original trustees etc...

That whole thing could have been tied into Mikes history...

What do others think??

knighttech
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Mike Traceur parentage...

Post by knighttech » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:32 am

That explain a lot and it would be nice if we seen it explain in the 2nd season.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:50 am

That would explain a lot. And maybe they could tell where Ki2t went or at least what happened to him, even if he became Ki3t. They could also probably explain where Michael has been all of these years. If and when they make a season 2, they should at least give SOME insight about what the heck happened in the past. Maybe have an epixode that deals with nothing but the past. anyways, good topic to discuss. I have been wanting to know for quite some time now.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:00 pm

As far as the Transam that was known as Kitt and the Mustang, I do think they are different AIs. GST even hinted at comic con that the 2 could appear together on screen...

I think the vehicle itself (the T/A) is gone but ki2t lived on in some capacity as an AI unit.

I dont see Ki2t living on the web though as ki3t did in the Karr episode.

The way the whole of KR08 was set was like Graiman was involved in the original creation of the 'knight2000' but not solely responsible, otherwise Ki3t would have had mbs and would not have needed to 'learn from scratch as would have had ki2t's acquired knowledge.... It was an independent effort by Graiman later on.

I think its pretty easy to explain the lack of actual 'Knight foundation trustees' involvment in the new series as they were struggling to justify Flag back at the beginning of series 4.... It would be nice to find out what Garth Knight would think of the legacy being handed to someone who doesnt even bear his name though... (Sarah....)

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:56 am

I like that idea Pheonix :good:

This all sounds good :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:23 am

mind if I use your idea in my story phoenix_knight?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:46 pm

As per the "Mike Traceur's conception date now revealed?" topic:
Lost Knight wrote:I've said this in another thread, but my theory is that Jennifer came along during those in-between missions between "Knight Of the Phoenix" and "Deadly Maneuvers." Mike Traceur would have had to have been conceived in October of 1982 because of his birthdate found on his driver's license, and since the series was set in approximate real-time, "Deadly Maneuvers" aired in October of '82. So it fits the time frame and also explains why there was no Jennifer that fit Mike's mother's description in the original series, because she and Michael's "relationship" was off-camera.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:21 pm

Kal-el4 wrote:mind if I use your idea in my story phoenix_knight?
Especially if you are a Writer for NBC ;)

By all means embellish my idea though... and send me a link for the results :D
Lost Knight wrote:I've said this in another thread, but my theory is that Jennifer came along during those in-between missions between "Knight Of the Phoenix" and "Deadly Maneuvers." Mike Traceur would have had to have been conceived in October of 1982 because of his birthdate found on his driver's license, and since the series was set in approximate real-time, "Deadly Maneuvers" aired in October of '82. So it fits the time frame and also explains why there was no Jennifer that fit Mike's mother's description in the original series, because she and Michael's "relationship" was off-camera.
[/quote]

The reason I was going down the 'Stevie' route as Mikes mother was similar to Sam in Quantum Leap if anyone remembers that. Sam had a whole life that he didnt know about, his memory was wiped of his wife back in 'the future' (which is now 10 years ago!!).

Im kind of a romantic at heart and would like to think if MK snr DID have a son, it would have been with his true love... Corny I know but It would also tie in with JB's real age and provide a nice story arc of discovery for season 2...

I'd also like to find out why Jenny didnt have a telephone, let alone a computer. What happened in the past???

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:49 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:Ok im going to have a stab at a really long shot here...

When KR was written originally, Scent of the Roses was intended to be the series finale... Stevie had died and MK was going 'home' to the foundation.

Well after some deliberation, Devon finally reveals a secret that he had been sworn to keep from MK by Stevie...

Michael Long had a son... (which would actually make the guy about 28-29 in KR08, not 24)

Stevie was pregnant when ML was shot but didnt find out until ML was 'dead'. She panicked, feeling that she couldnt raise the kid on her own and put him up for adoption. It was only after 'White Bird' that she let Devon know what had happened but the decision was made that MK should not be told and that the young child should remain in care away from FLAG and MK's world for his own protection.

After MK returns to FLAG, following the events of 'SotR, Devon feels he has to tell MK of his son and thats when young Mike is moved to live with Jenny. This would explain a couple of things from the kr08 pilot...

For example, the phrase "from the very first day..." Mike's feeling of detatchment from Jenny. It would also tie up something from the KR website where Mikes age and details are classified.

This would have been a great arc to explore in season 2 of the new KR. It would have been nice to find out what happened for Charles Graiman to inherit all of the FLAG funding etc, what happened to the original trustees etc...

What do others think??
Is this something you've found in old scripts or something, or is this your own theory? Just wondering....
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:23 pm

Its my own theory....

Does it sound plausible though???

sfusco3
Rookie

Post by sfusco3 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:12 am

At the festival in vegas this past march justin breuning said that they had a whole back story on what happen to the knight 2000 and why the knight 3000 is a mustang. He said that Charles had a 68 shelby mustang and loved that car his soon to be wife and him would travel often in it and he sold it so that they could get married. When his wife died his was in the process of building the knight 3000 and as a tribute to her he choose the mustang as the shell for the 3000. Now he took the knight 2000's systems and through the nanotech process changed parts from the knight 2000 and put them into the 3000 which would explain why we see both a trans am and knight2000 parts in the lab at the beginning of the pilot

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:40 pm

sfusco3 wrote:At the festival in vegas this past march justin breuning said that they had a whole back story on what happen to the knight 2000 and why the knight 3000 is a mustang. He said that Charles had a 68 shelby mustang and loved that car his soon to be wife and him would travel often in it and he sold it so that they could get married. When his wife died his was in the process of building the knight 3000 and as a tribute to her he choose the mustang as the shell for the 3000. Now he took the knight 2000's systems and through the nanotech process changed parts from the knight 2000 and put them into the 3000 which would explain why we see both a trans am and knight2000 parts in the lab at the beginning of the pilot
sfuco3, that's excellent! I love that backstory. It doesn't explain Traceur's history, but definately a cool insight into how KI3T came to be a mustang - and a shelby at that.

Phoenix_knight, I'm sorry, but while it could be plausible, I'm not sure that it's that strong. Just my opinion though.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

sfusco3
Rookie

Post by sfusco3 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:19 pm

Ok I heard the the backstory on mike tracuer/micheal knight jr. is this as we know Micheal Knight's and Jennifer from the pilot's son so now Jennifer is really Jennifer Knight from the episode Knight of the Juggernalt season 4. She as you remember had taken over control of Knight Industries and the other Knight companies. That was as a result of Wilton's death and his wife helping Garth to escape and use the MBS formula on Goliath. So if you remember there was alot of tension between Micheal and Jennifer in that episode, a love/hate relationship. So now after Micheal saves the day he and Jennifer become close since he is the only one left that had her father's vision and since he looks like both her brother Garth and Wilton when he was young he feels a connection. She becomes pregnant with Mike and it is desided that she and mike have to go into hiding inorder to have protection from those that might use Micheal Knight's family to take him down. The foundation continues to be run by Devon until his death at which time the foundation is shut down and only Knight Industries continues to operate under control of someone else but Jennifer stills holds ownership and shares of the company. When she is killed in the pilot in her will she leaves Charles everything until Mike Tracuer someday become ready to take it over.

I also have the backstory on Mike's past but that is for another time.

MP227529
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by MP227529 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:49 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:Ok im going to have a stab at a really long shot here...

What do others think??

Phoenix -

I've been thinking the exact same thing for a long time, only I'd have Mike born after "Let Tt be Me." Michael never showed more emotion than around Stevie, and even though she was in just three episodes, she brought out more humanity in the characters than at any other time. The dialogue between Devon, Michael, and Stevie in those episodes are always about how the work of Foundation is greater than what Michael wants for himself. If Stevie were to have Mike even before "The Scent of Roses," it would make sense that she would keep the secret from Michael... and that if Devon found out, he'd do the same for the sake of FLAG.

In fact, it would add more weight to an exchange she has with Devon where she tells him, "I'm a woman fighting to have the 'small dream' with the man she loves...And you're fighting for him to fall in love with an 'ideal.'"

So, since it's unlikely we'll ever hear of Mike Traceur again... this is probably a sound thing to believe.