Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by msKEN » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:30 am

I'm still working on the website guys, its almost done. :)

System Requirements are hard to gauge until we get it out and have you guys beta test it. It runs great on my system but not to brag mine is pretty high up there in specs. It wont be near as high in specs as GTA4 for the pc though.

I'm still working on the script guys, bear with me. I can tell you this much. The first 20 missions take place in between actual episodes. Like the first mission you rush Michael to the hospital from the airport after he has stopped Tonya Walker. On your way renegade Com-Tron trucks will try and stop you but you get to test out some of KITT's functions. Once you get Michael to the hospital Devon calls in with a new mission for you to take care of (as KITT) out in the desert. While Tonya got away, she did have a back up of the designs as a fail safe. So you have to track down the other renegade com-tron trucks and Micro jam the brakes so the proper authorities can pick them up.

And that is basically your KITT training mission. For Michael you get to do a series of rehabilitation exercises (After all he was shot in the arm) at the FLAG mansion, and learn how to maneuver around the game world as Michael. The next mission is the 3rd and final level of training, where you are just leaving White Rock and heading to Slamming Sammy's. Having defeated the first motorcycle gang you, are viciously attacked by the second Motorcycle gang that you thought took off in the original series. You have to out smart them as both Michael and KITT and demobilize them and rescue the hostage (Davey Benson once again).

The next 17 missions take place between seasons 1-4, which lead into and set up my original story for a "what if....?" season 5. So in the first 20 missions you get to replay a lot of famous episodes, and the last 20 missions you get to be subject to my own fan fiction, which in course includes a diabolical plot of Garthe Knight and a lot of returning villains including the Drones and the Juggernaut.

Once you beat the game you can of course replay the game as Mike and KI3T.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wajed99
Stranger

Post by wajed99 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:19 pm

well i can be a beta tester if u want cuz my computer is new and strong :kitt:

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Ya you've got plenty of Beta testers drooling :)
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Tex 67
Volunteer

Post by Tex 67 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:57 am

yep id be glad to test the game out for u guys

Augur89
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Augur89 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:59 am

who wouldn't?
But don't forget searching for bugs ;)

antonskonto
Stranger

Post by antonskonto » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:31 pm

So, does you know when the realese date is? ;)

Dimitrik24
Stranger

Post by Dimitrik24 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:32 pm

that is so cool cant wait to see the game!!!:) :good:

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:12 pm

I've just made an account so that I could comment on this!!! So... when will the beta/demo come out?

:kitt: :karr: :kitt2:

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:38 pm

msKEN,
here is something I think you and your team should look at. I recieved this in an email from GameStop. I think this is a great oppertunity for you guys!

http://indiegamechallenge.com/?or=nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:07 am

Superman111994 wrote:msKEN,
here is something I think you and your team should look at. I recieved this in an email from GameStop. I think this is a great oppertunity for you guys!

http://indiegamechallenge.com/?or=nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
While that looks like it would be an awesome opportunity for them, since they don't have permission to use KR, they wouldn't be able to since it says that if they won, the game would be published. Maybe if they had an original idea they were working on as well. :)
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Rainack wrote:
Superman111994 wrote:msKEN,

While that looks like it would be an awesome opportunity for them, since they don't have permission to use KR, they wouldn't be able to since it says that if they won, the game would be published. Maybe if they had an original idea they were working on as well. :)
i see what you mean... but the entire game was done by them. some ideas were by them, too. but i see where the copywrite *?$# would be a problem.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Yes thank you for the suggestion. I have on original game that will not be going this year but later the following year to the indie games festival. This is a completely different crew of programmers and artist though.

http://www.motorworldonline.net/plugins ... ges/14.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:20 am

WTF??? you guys are doing MotorWorld??? i heard about that and wanted to check it out. when does it release? i cant believe that was you guys... i was expecting someone more "popular", like AeriaGames or such.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:46 am

WTF??? you guys are doing MotorWorld??? i heard about that and wanted to check it out. when does it release? i cant believe that was you guys... i was expecting someone more "popular", like AeriaGames or such.
I don't want to run off topic lol, but its due for release the first quarter of 2010. Originally we were aiming for August of this year but the Lead Artist decided he wanted to go back and make all the car models much more detailed. The business model we have for it will hopefully be a rewarding one, and will help fund most if not all of the Knight Rider game. Its a massive multiplayer online RPG but with cars. We do not intend to charge players to play. No monthly service fee's. Just straight up download it and play it. Our revenue will come from allowing advertisers to purchase billboard space, radio commercials, and product placing. While we had to change the names of the cars due to lack of licensing (The cars do look very similar to there real world counterpart but for legal reasons they are not badged or have the real world name), we do have legal permission from a few parts manufactures to have licensed car parts in the game from Holley, Flow master, and an array of other part manufactures were very happy to join on for the free advertising. We have an interview coming up in Hot Rod magazine. I will post it on the motor world website when its published.

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:57 am

msKEN wrote:
I don't want to run off topic lol, but its due for release the first quarter of 2010. Originally we were aiming for August of this year but the Lead Artist decided he wanted to go back and make all the car models much more detailed. The business model we have for it will hopefully be a rewarding one, and will help fund most if not all of the Knight Rider game. Its a massive multiplayer online RPG but with cars. We do not intend to charge players to play. No monthly service fee's. Just straight up download it and play it. Our revenue will come from allowing advertisers to purchase billboard space, radio commercials, and product placing. While we had to change the names of the cars due to lack of licensing (The cars do look very similar to there real world counterpart but for legal reasons they are not badged or have the real world name), we do have legal permission from a few parts manufactures to have licensed car parts in the game from Holley, Flow master, and an array of other part manufactures were very happy to join on for the free advertising. We have an interview coming up in Hot Rod magazine. I will post it on the motor world website when its published.
Thank you. Thats good to know! Now back on topic. Is there a status update so far on Knight Rider?

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:36 am

Is there a new site for the game? Every link I try says 'page not found' or something similar to that. I would love to know more about this.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:10 pm

I'd like to beta test also!! :D :D

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 . 250 GB HDD, Nvidia 8600GT. Core 2 Duo 2.2 GFhz
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:45 pm

I want to beta test also. I have a HP Compaq 6715b laptop with WinXP.

AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Tech processor

ATI Radeon X1200 Series mobile graphics (yes I know its crap, but thats what I got to work with for now.)

Since I have a crap PC, I could tell you if the game runs on lower spec computers.
:kitt2:

KOPP
Rookie

Post by KOPP » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm

How come none of the pictures or links work? I'd like to see more of this game, but I can't. :(
"Knight Rider 2008 - A brain-rotting flight into the mind-numbing world of a poor excuse for a television show...that should not exist!"

FIGHT the quest for Season 2 - spare us the trash!!

KI4T
Rookie

Post by KI4T » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:35 pm

Hey, its me Superluigigalaxy64 from youtube.
Finally im registered here. What you guys do is totally awesome and i hope that i can translate as soon as possible and i could beta test as well, i have a AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ with 2.50 Ghz and 1 GB Ram, but i will Buy another with 2GB so i will have 3GB. :kitt: :karr: :skar: :kittx:
Knight Rider 4 ever!!!!!!!

Sry for my english, im from Germany.

Cam KNIGHT
Recruit

Post by Cam KNIGHT » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Hey it's me !

I could do beta test too

Running with an intel quad 6600 with 2gb ram and a nVidia 8500 Gt

KI4T
Rookie

Post by KI4T » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:57 pm

hey ken, any updates?
whan can i translate, i cant wait for it. :D :kittspin:
Knight Rider 4 ever!!!!!!!

Sry for my english, im from Germany.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:47 am

WOW :shock: all of us really want to test this game :lol: I can hardly wait till I have it and try it. whats the update for now?? any more teaser pics of the game?? Image :kitt:

Tobie
Operative

Post by Tobie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:46 pm

some renders of KITT and Michael cruising around the FG city!

tob :good: :dash:
Attachments
hgh7.jpg
hgh7.jpg (155.65 KiB) Viewed 27225 times
ghy65.jpg
ghy65.jpg (144.72 KiB) Viewed 27225 times
ht665.jpg
ht665.jpg (170 KiB) Viewed 27225 times

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:27 pm

Will look a lot better when the city is actually living and breathing :) trees and grass blowing, real weather effects, HDR. and bloom effects... can't wait :)