ROLL CALL!!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: ROLL CALL!!

Post by Matthew » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:05 am

You know guys; there are plenty of other things for us to talk about. Remember, when this community was created in 1995, there wasn’t a show on the air to help it flourish, yet with the love and passion of everyone involved, it has become the most recognised site within the fandom.

So, when push comes to shove, there doesn’t need to be a show in production, as that love and passion lives on inside each of us, whether we’re members of the old guard, or one of the newly minted members that’s joining us each and every day. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

SilverFoxThief
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by SilverFoxThief » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:07 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:I'm still here! :D *jumps up and down* I don't always post, but I definitely see what's on here!
I second that! :)
Kid at gas station: Dude, your car’s glowing!
KITT: Michael, we don’t have much time.
Kid at gas station: Dude, your car’s talking!!
(Episode – Knight Fever)

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:24 am

I am glad to see everyone is still here! :good:

I really will miss KR 2008. I took a 'break' after the show got canceled.
I had to pick myself up shake it off, watch a couple of episodes (which I haven't done since it went off the air) and 'get back into it'.
We need to get together and do a podcast or skype show or something. :lol:

In the meantime I still plan on making the youtube fan based KR series. Hopefully with that and some of the others members making fan fiction and still many others making Knight 3000 Mustang replicas we can keep the coolness of the KR 2008 universe alive.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:12 am

taoworm2323 wrote:I am glad to see everyone is still here! :good:

I had to pick myself up shake it off, watch a couple of episodes (which I haven't done since it went off the air) and 'get back into it'.

In the meantime I still plan on making the youtube fan based KR series. Hopefully with that and some of the others members making fan fiction and still many others making Knight 3000 Mustang replicas we can keep the coolness of the KR 2008 universe alive.
Now that YouTube fan based KR series sounds like something promising. :) I tried unsuccessfully to start a fan made film but differences between the participating fans made it all but impossible so the project had to be abandoned. Please let us know the moment something is up and if there is any help you might need editing video or something like that let me know. 8)

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:22 am

Need a voice actor? Gimme a pm ;).
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:06 am

knightprobe89 wrote:i'm still here but haven't been posting much, not much to talk about , i'm waiting for some news on the motion picture but i guess that wont happen for a very long time!
Well I would not hold my breath If I were you...

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:22 am

Still here, just quiet.

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:46 am

I'm still around!
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:44 am

Still here and will always be here!!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Dont forget everyone we also have the KR festival next year in Vegas which Im sure alot of us are going to,I know I am,so all is not lost :)
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:29 pm

I just checked in today for the first time in quite awhile. I've been busy with other things. Also with the demise of TV in general, and our local NBC station not coming in on DTV converter boxes (even after several rescans after the official change-over) I've pretty much given up on TV altogether. Nothing on. I rather watch old shows online. Stuff that I used to watch when I was a kid, etc. If I even have the time to do so. I've been busy with other things too.

If KR comes back, I'll be very glad. If it doesn't, I'm not going to sweat it. I've got other things I can get into. :)

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:30 pm

EVKRWriter wrote:Um, since I just joined, doesn't really matter, I guess.

But, I'm here. I'll be here for a while. I mean, with something as awesome as Knight Rider, you just don't give up on it.

A real fan sticks to a concept through all the ups and downs. So KR08 is most likely not coming back. Um, and your point is? So TOS is 27 years old. Um, and your point is?

All that doesn't matter, in my opinion. Knight Rider is Knight Rider. Not matter what happens to this franchise, the ones who truly care, stick around!
i'm here! and i actually have your sign! it's in my bedroom.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:58 pm

I still check in from time to time, even though the person I know who was involved in the production of KR08 has moved on. A hard habit to break! :)

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:28 pm

I stop in and look around occasionally, but I don't really have many thoughts to contribute anymore. The new series is actually what got me into Knight Rider in the first place, and I've watched Season 1 of TOS....and I plan on watching the other seasons when I have time. However, discussion on TOS isn't really worthwhile (for me, anyway) since it's not really going anywhere - the canon is established. KR08 was active at the time and I really enjoyed watching the show and then talking about it on the forums.

I generally join forums for discussion, and between the tension and flames, there was really some good stuff to be found. There's a little less of that now, so I lurk and skim the threads I find somewhat interesting. I suppose, for what it's worth, I'm still around.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Shockwave
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Shockwave » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 pm

You know.... we could all just collaborate on a new Knight Rider show. Share various character and technology designs, and just have fun with it until some rich guy lurks the board and decides he wants to produce it. At least then we know its a show developed by the fans, for the fans. Hell, there are enough of us on here with some kind of talent that we could probably make a new Knight Rider series based solely on computer animated webisodes....

just a thought

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:04 am

Present!
My absence is due in part to the lack of news on the shows (thpugh I still waiting for word on those MJ/KI2T pics), and my recently busy life. I haven't abdonded the show, I still love both incarnations. and I have made too many new friends (and probably a few frienimes LOL) that I just can't leave! LOL
Knight Rider Rules! :kittspin:
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

ShadowKnight006
Recruit

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:09 am

Still here. I check the top posts but don't really have a lot of time right now.
Looking for TKR!

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:38 am

hey tao, as you know, I love both series, so count me in....

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm still here as well! :good: I haven't watched many episodes since it went off the air. I'm saving it to watch them on DVD. It'll be like it's new to me all over again!
Although I don't post as much anymore since the show's demise, I'm still making progress on my KI3T and making my own fan videos for Youtube. I'm anxiously awaiting more news of KnightFest'10 and WILL be taking a road trip in KI3T!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:22 pm

I'm still here but I have taken a break as well plus with Revenge Of The Fallen out I've been busy with that :good:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:51 am

Pct1theory wrote:I'm still here but I have taken a break as well plus with Revenge Of The Fallen out I've been busy with that :good:
LOL so how many times have you seen it :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:16 am

Still here too, but as others said, not much to talk about now. just wait and see what the days may bring to us 8) Image :kitt:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:12 am

I'm still here.Where's that turbo boost screen button?

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:51 am

I am here as well
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:10 am

PunkMaister wrote:

Now that YouTube fan based KR series sounds like something promising. :) I tried unsuccessfully to start a fan made film but differences between the participating fans made it all but impossible so the project had to be abandoned. Please let us know the moment something is up and if there is any help you might need editing video or something like that let me know. 8)
Still here as well and making some "final" touches on my Mustang (Shadow KARR). IT's just a shame that KR 08 is not on for antoher season and to think that NBC would take advantage of a good thing (I think the trunk monkey could run that station better than the execs they got there). Anywho, keep watching my vids and once I got KARR completed, it will be ready for the you tube fan based show. Don't be strangers now team, holla!