KITT'S HORN

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT'S HORN

Post by stelios_z28 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:39 am

can anyone tell me what kind of horn kitt was equiped??we can hear clearly his horn in the episodes nobody does it better and custom kitt.the sound of kitts horn is deffinately not an original trans am horn!can anybody help me?if there is this horn out there in the market i will love to add it to my replica.thanks a lot!

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Re: KITT'S HORN

Post by stelios_z28 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:23 am

nobody???oh my god!i never expect that the most difficult part from kitt to find is gonna be his horn!!!lol!!

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Those 2 references of KITT's horn were just for the moment sort of effect i think.

If you check out the episode 'Ten Wheel Trouble' Michael gives one of the truckers a good blast of the horn as he drives by, toward the end of the episode, and it just sounds like a normal horn

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:26 am

go to episode kitt vs karr in the begining of the episode michael and kitt was driving through the tunnel michael kept honking kitts horn. kitts horn sound like a regular car horn. also in the episode nobody does it better right beofre kitt turbo boost over a guy driving a truck to pull him over kitt was honking his horn sayin pull over didnt you hear what i said pull over lol.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:57 pm

OK, but where WAS the horn? Was it the Knight logo on the steering wheel? Was it on the Switchpods? What is Michael hitting to get the horn to sound?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:26 pm

It could've easily been put in during the sound effect process with KITT mimicking the sound of a horn as they had done with KITT making police siren noises.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:27 am

stelios_z28 wrote:can anyone tell me what kind of horn kitt was equiped??we can hear clearly his horn in the episodes nobody does it better and custom kitt.the sound of kitts horn is deffinately not an original trans am horn!can anybody help me?if there is this horn out there in the market i will love to add it to my replica.thanks a lot!
Almost everything you hear in the episodes was mixed in later, courtesy of the Universal sound effects library, so all of the horn sound effects most likely never came from the actual car. It's the same principle with K.I.T.T.'s engines, and even the dialogue in a lot of cases.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:49 am

Indeed Paul, a prime example of this is KITT's trademark peel out sound effect, which was used previously in The Rockford Files, which began airing eight years prior to the first showing of Knight of the Phoenix. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:07 am

Well, i know that KI3T has sirens! :D
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:34 am

Matthew wrote:Indeed Paul, a prime example of this is KITT's trademark peel out sound effect, which was used previously in The Rockford Files, which began airing eight years prior to the first showing of Knight of the Phoenix. :good:
That effect was used in loads of shows, including The A-Team and Airwolf. Also, I remember K.I.T.T.'s turbines being used for Al's futuristic car in the Quantum Leap pilot episode. Another popular one was the creaky door effect that was used in "Goliath", as the commando shuts the trailer before the raid on Red Bluff... that could be heard in loads of shows.

Finally, we have something those faulty Season 3 DVDs are useful for -- in some episodes you can see how the sound department worked; check out the intro scenes of "Knight of the Chameleon" if you still have them. When David was filming driving scenes in the car, it was being towed. The engine wasn't running. He's miming the button presses. The mics in the car are there to pick up his dialogue -- and if external sounds like traffic, screaming fans, car crashes, police sirens, or anything intrudes on the recording, they'd re-record back in the studio later on (called "looping"). Everything else -- the humming engine, the button beeps, K.I.T.T.'s voice -- was spliced in later.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:13 pm

I thought everyone knew that all sounds were added later in post production. The doors closing, footsteps, etc, are added by Folley Artists who watch the movie and add the sound FX as they watch.
But that doesn't answer my question, WHERE did Michael press (or pretend to press)to get the horn sound ?

ChrisO