I have news about a POSSIBLE season 2!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I have news about a POSSIBLE season 2!

Post by Skav » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am

I have been a long time member of this community so I don't spout rumours for nothing.

My cousin just phone text me and said that Sci Fi interactive on his tv read that they are making more episodes in 2010.

I have asked him whether a website confirms this but he hasn't responded as of yet. He literally just text me about it.

This is NOT concrete, but I urge anyone who has Sci-fi interactive on their tv in the UK to have a look!

Again, I will stress this is not a certainty but a possibility at least.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: I have news about a POSSIBLE season 2!

Post by GT500KR » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:50 pm

if this is true, that means a whole year without KR :?

With that year gap, would they follow the KR2008 format and have the same cast, if they filmed in 2010, wont see anything till September 2010, if they filmed after the winter.

Maybe this is good news, but i hope they dont lose the GT500KR, or unless the upgrade to a 2010 Gt500 super snake :good:, and dont lose justin
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

EVKRWriter
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by EVKRWriter » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:57 pm

...squee?

If this is true---and you don't know how hard I'm praying it is---then victory is sweet. NBC tried to wipe it out, and Sci-fi managed to pick up the pieces.

Love you, SyFy!

And, yes, change nothing, except the quality of writers and scripts.

Keep your fingers crossed!

:kitt:
~EV

KITT Happens!!!

KR Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~evryderwriter. My way of keeping Knight Rider alive and well.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:25 pm

This could be cool, as it would allow for some really strong stories, and if Paul Campbell is gone from the
show, they could get a new Billy or new character to replace him altogether. Still, it means a chance for
KR08.

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:17 pm

I really hope it's true, fingers crossed :kitt:

dkuk2000
Volunteer

Post by dkuk2000 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:19 pm

I've just tried and found nothing about any new episodes :cry:

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:30 pm

It would have to get better because it coulden't have got much worse.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:02 pm

I'm taking this news with a pinch of salt for now, at least until there is solid confirmation
from NBC/Universal. Although, I'm not holding my breath, since they have not yet come
forward to confirm any official decision of the supposed cancellation of the show.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:06 pm

I have just asked my cousin whether he was mistaken or not, am yet to hear a reply. As soon as I get a response, you all will be the first to know. :)

I'm not putting too much stock into it right now so try not to keep your hopes up too much about this. :|
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:17 pm

2010? That makes absolutely no sense! It's nothing but a darn rumor...

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:32 pm

PunkMaister wrote:2010? That makes absolutely no sense! It's nothing but a darn rumor...
only like 6 months till 2010, kinda make sense, but if it was going to show Fall 2009 they would of start filming by now.

also another note to point out, i think they are at Episode 7 or 8 in the UK, so they have 10 weeks of the show left, that will go into September, so if Sci Fi is waiting to see how it goes after the "reboot" it might make there mind up :good:
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Not for nothing this actually makes perfect sense... It gives the series enough time to take into account three factors... One the DVD sales, two over seas ratings, and three it gives them time to find new sponsors considering what has happened already... This would not be the first time that a show like this has been brought in as a midseason replacement... If you remember what was said also we were promise a third reboot of the series and initially we were told that the show was on hiatus... All the articles and gossip made the assumption of a cancelation... Not to mention also that it's not unheard of for a show to swithc networks and this isn't far fetched considering that Sci Fi is part of the NBC/Universal family... So while the evidence suggests that this might be a possibility I will not hold my breath while I wait because if it's too good to be true it usually is lol... I sure hope it's coming back though...

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:18 am

I dont want to go into another game of waiting and expecting news!! :? I had enough from the last time we were waiting for the Fall lineup. I will really recomend that we ignor this news and keep going with our lives as it is, and if lightning do strike, it would be great.
but to be honest, af ter what happened, I never trust NBC by any means Image :kitt:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:47 am

Knight007 wrote:I dont want to go into another game of waiting and expecting news!! :? I had enough from the last time we were waiting for the Fall lineup. I will really recomend that we ignor this news and keep going with our lives as it is, and if lightning do strike, it would be great.
but to be honest, af ter what happened, I never trust NBC by any means Image :kitt:
Oh, well, excuse me for posting something postive, at least. :roll:

knight_Sam
Recruit

Post by knight_Sam » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:44 am

If this happens it would be the best thing to ever happen to us KR fans even if means we have to wait till 2010. But knowing NBC & that SciFi is a part of NBC I would not put too much faith in this. However if would be gr8 if this happens I am ready to wait for KR for an eternity let alone a year in India we ar at Episode 5 so we have a long way to go here for the series so I am thining that they will wait for the series to conclude at all over seas locations get the ratings in & make a final decision. Lets hope for the best. :good:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:37 am

Skav wrote:Oh, well, excuse me for posting something positive, at least. :roll:
Skav, the main problem is that the community hears this info from you 2nd hand, and no one can verify it. I've searched the UK sci-fi site, and there's no mention of this. All Google searches don't have anything on it. You'd think that if this information was displayed on a web-interactive crawl, there would also be matching info in their website, but there's nothing. Screen shots are worth their weight in gold.

Thanks for trying, but proof is what is needed! :)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:10 am

WIBoomer1 wrote:
Skav, the main problem is that the community hears this info from you 2nd hand, and no one can verify it. I've searched the UK sci-fi site, and there's no mention of this. All Google searches don't have anything on it. You'd think that if this information was displayed on a web-interactive crawl, there would also be matching info in their website, but there's nothing. Screen shots are worth their weight in gold.

I agree with what you just said but it's still good to be positive and that was why I said what I did. Frankly, I found it rude when Knight007 said to ignore the thread. It's not looking good but something MAY turn up. Fingers crossed. :good:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:29 am

It's one thing to have a positive outlook, but this is just so far out there. Not only is there nothing to back it up, it contradicts everything we have heard elsewhere and basically goes against common sense. As well-intented and hopeful as you may be, I have to agree with the skeptics that this "news" really isn't news.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:19 pm

smith cho has twitted that there will be no season 2
http://twitter.com/smithcho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:23 pm

Her twitter can indicate that FOR HER there is no season 2. She might have gotten the boot... but of course it could also apply to the series in general.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Although this might seem like a good sign, I'm going to take this with a pinch of salt as well, even though it seems possible. Even though I'm hoping that the news will be true, I'm not holding my breath.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

EVKRWriter
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by EVKRWriter » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:21 pm

Solid Snake wrote:Her twitter can indicate that FOR HER there is no season 2. She might have gotten the boot... but of course it could also apply to the series in general.
Hoping it applies to her.

...don't think so, though.

So...*cue whimper*.
~EV

KITT Happens!!!

KR Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~evryderwriter. My way of keeping Knight Rider alive and well.

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:41 pm

i hope so although I would not have wanted for Smith Cho to leave Knight Rider
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:54 pm

i wish the guy would look further into when he said "Sci Fi" said 2010 they might do some filming, like take a picture of the message and post it.
~Jay Leno

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:54 am

Skav wrote:
WIBoomer1 wrote:

I agree with what you just said but it's still good to be positive and that was why I said what I did. Frankly, I found it rude when Knight007 said to ignore the thread. It's not looking good but something MAY turn up. Fingers crossed. :good:
I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I didnt mean to Ignor the Thread, I was refering to the repeated info. thats all. As Michel Pajaro and WIBoomer1 said, there is no proof for this and we keep hearing such infor from hear and their, but nothing solid. that was the point I was trying to make.
Look, I love the show and really want to have many more seasons to it. and because I love it, it hurts when you hear things and they turn out to be not correct. hope I made my self clear, and sorry again for any confusion :good: Image :kitt: