Is There Going To Be A Season 2?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Penguin Coke
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Is There Going To Be A Season 2?

Post by Penguin Coke » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:22 pm

Just wondering if there is going to be a season 2.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Is There Going To Be A Season 2?

Post by DJGM » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:08 pm

In lieu of whether or not NBC gives new KR a second season, we have already unofficially
started our own season 2 with a fan-fic episode called "Knight's Fury", which follows on
from the previous fan-fic thread, "Our Own Episode 18" which has no episode title.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:55 am

The long story is that there is no official cancellation notice that was given by NBC. NBC announced their fall 2009-2010 line up, and Knight Rider was not on the list, either way (cancelled or renewed). One could think that no news is good news, but since other shows are going into production, while there is nothing happening with KR 08, it needs to be concluded that there will be no 2nd Season. Some people are suggesting that possibly KR 08 could be resurrected as a Winter 2010 / Summer 2010 mid-season replacement, but a lot of miracles would have to happen for that to occur.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:46 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:The long story is that there is no official cancellation notice that was given by NBC. NBC announced their fall 2009-2010 line up, and Knight Rider was not on the list, either way (cancelled or renewed). One could think that no news is good news, but since other shows are going into production, while there is nothing happening with KR 08, it needs to be concluded that there will be no 2nd Season. Some people are suggesting that possibly KR 08 could be resurrected as a Winter 2010 / Summer 2010 mid-season replacement, but a lot of miracles would have to happen for that to occur.
from what i remember Bionic Woman had the same outcome, wasnt an official cancellation, i think they did that with Las Vegas(i think it was a NBC production) also
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:52 pm

so we have to wait until the winter line up comes out to know for sure?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:09 pm

DJGM wrote:In lieu of whether or not NBC gives new KR a second season, we have already unofficially
started our own season 2 with a fan-fic episode called "Knight's Fury", which follows on
from the previous fan-fic thread, "Our Own Episode 18" which has no episode title.
In other words only in our imaginations. And that's how it will be for the foreseeable future. Maybe in 8 decades from now we well some of us who are still living may see something K.R related on TV

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:04 am

wez wrote:so we have to wait until the winter line up comes out to know for sure?
The Fall 2009-2010 line up came, and KR was not listed.

http://www.nbc.com/news/2009/05/19/nbc- ... er-before/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HOWEVER, no official cancellation notice was given. You could think in lieu of that, there is no current KR production on-going, which you would need to have in order to have shows ready in fall, and thus KR is for all intensive purposes, cancelled.

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:53 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:
wez wrote:so we have to wait until the winter line up comes out to know for sure?
The Fall 2009-2010 line up came, and KR was not listed.

http://www.nbc.com/news/2009/05/19/nbc- ... er-before/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HOWEVER, no official cancellation notice was given. You could think in lieu of that, there is no current KR production on-going, which you would need to have in order to have shows ready in fall, and thus KR is for all intensive purposes, cancelled.

Someone has read somewhere that we are suppose to get word weather we get a 2nd season of KR or not. We our suppose to hear this big ammomument in July. I don't know where the to look for it if it comes out, but keep your eye out for something.
Always keep Knight Rider in your heart and soul and it will live on forever.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:15 pm

juliec30 wrote:Someone has read somewhere that we are suppose to get word whether we get a 2nd season of KR or not. We our suppose to hear this big announcement in July. I don't know where the to look for it if it comes out, but keep your eye out for something.
Julie, we'd all love to know who that someone is. The NBC schedule is set in stone, and the shows listed are in production. If you know something, you need to show your hand.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:01 am

juliec30 wrote:
Someone has read somewhere that we are suppose to get word weather we get a 2nd season of KR or not. We our suppose to hear this big ammomument in July. I don't know where the to look for it if it comes out, but keep your eye out for something.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

maybe :good: ?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:12 am

juliec30 wrote:Someone has read somewhere that we are suppose to get word weather we get a 2nd season of KR or not. We our suppose to hear this big ammomument in July. I don't know where the to look for it if it comes out, but keep your eye out for something.
Where is this alleged statement? Links please and I don't mean rumors...

Tex 67
Volunteer

Post by Tex 67 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:24 am

You would almost think that they would have to bring it in to season 2 because they still have episodes that havent aired yet and besides you would think that if enough people said something they would aire it again.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:20 am

Sorry to all of you who don't believe this, but I AIN'T giving up hope yet! We gotta wait for the UK to deliver their reviews and there is also right now that this show could just be put on hold for the time being. All I know is that I refuse to believe that it is cancelled until NBC anounces it for sure. I still believe in my favorite car, always have, always will.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brumiedave1979
Recruit

Post by brumiedave1979 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:29 pm

i wish and hope they do carry on with a series 2 because its a lot better than the other shows that last for years.
my kids love knight rider aswell which is great i can watch them over and over again

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Does anybody know what ratings The UK is pulling?

Michael_Knight1
Volunteer

Post by Michael_Knight1 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:15 am

NO Satisfied?
A Knight Rider fan who isn't in denial about the 2008 show's cancellation.

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:39 am

KR is being shown on a channel that isn't really well known here in the UK however, it has been doing fairly well compared to what the channel's ratings were previously if it's enough for a season 2 I don't know
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Michael_Knight1 wrote:NO Satisfied?
Precsisley unless you are a freaking foreigner watching season 1 of the show airing for the first time in your third world country and so on, visiting this forum is just an exercise in futility is all over...

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Punkmaister,

Your recent negativity has become tiresome, and to add to that, you've now taken to attacking and insulting foreign members of this community. This behaviour is completely unacceptable, and a warning has been issued as a result.

Due to having previous warnings that are still being listed on our system, you have been automatically suspended for three days.

It is my hope that upon your return, you will refrain from the spam-like negativity of late, and also realise that foreign viewers and foreign countries are every bit as important as our American counterparts, and that by suggesting otherwise, your comments are tantamount to racism.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm gonna to agree with NO as well. I don't think it's coming back either.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:35 pm

Tex 67 wrote:You would almost think that they would have to bring it in to season 2 because they still have episodes that havent aired yet and besides you would think that if enough people said something they would aire it again.
Tex, sorry pardner, but there's no episodes left in the can. 17 eps is all that were shot. If you are thinking that they shot 22, it never happened. I'd bet there are scripts that might have been written, but since there's on going production, who knows where they are. Maybe Sue can talk to the writers and see if she can get a synopsis, since they most likely weren't final versions???

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:06 am

I am also going to go with a big NO for season 2. Funny what a difference a year makes...
Last year at this time I was booking a trip for Comic Con to be a part of all the Knight Rider presentations, and everyday this board had some new information on the upcoming series...it was an exciting time.

Now the new series part of the board is almost dead, and let's face it, everyone who was a part of the show is not sitting around, they have all found other projects because like us all they have to eat. You figure that by this time last year they had already shot five or six episodes...what a shame that the new show did not catch on.

Oh well I will buy the dvd set when it comes out, and enjoy the show for what it was, 18 more hours of "Knight Rider" that I did not think a couple years ago I would get. That and the great friendships, getting to meet Justin and the rest of the cast, putting on a big event in Denver, actually having a show on television to be excited for week after week....all great memories!!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:45 am

we always heared that the show may go to SciFi, if that ment to happen, when do we expect that? and if the show is completly droped for now, can NBC change its mind later on and start up the project again??? did this happen before for any other shows??? cancelled shows then contiune as if nothing happened??? :roll: Image :kitt:

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Hello There Everyone, :D

I can not help but feel frustrated with this type of comment from PunnkMaister: :?:

"In other words only in our imaginations. And that's how it will be for the foreseeable future. Maybe in 8 decades from now we well some of us who are still living may see something K.R related on TV." :?:

I do not agree with this or with the fact that the overall concenses that this version of Knight Rider is cancelled. I am not sure where PunkMaister comes up these notions that Knight Rider is dead this or that or the 08 decades nonsense before we see the show back. That is just plain silly and rediculious. As I have stated before and I will say again Knight RIder is not dead and will be back sooner rather then later. I will not discount the possibility that there will be some kind of announcement concerning the fate of Knight RIder coming in July nor, will I be concerned about the lack of production of new episodes at this point in time. I am sure by next spring of fall 2010 will have the show back in some form by then. :good: :)

Anyway, let us keep up the faith and pray of more Knight RIder. :kittconv:
Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kitt:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

k.i.t.t2k
Volunteer

Post by k.i.t.t2k » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:49 pm

well family guy has been canned twice now and its down to the fans buying the dvds that brought it back ... :wink: .. im guessing if dvd sales do well enough and bring in enough money then maybe they will bring it back ... untill then ... keep your fingers crossed