Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightRider88
Stranger

Re: Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Post by KnightRider88 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:15 pm

I know I'll be slammed for posting this as this seems to be the norm in this forum but, something I've noticed thru this entire thread is that anybody who has the opinion that they didn't care for the new KR or those who have accepted that the new KR is on the shelf are labeled "haters." They are given this label and are given the treatment as if they shouldn't have their opinion or post in the thread any longer.

I think its very clear that ONE opinion is allowed to be voiced and none other. If somebody states the oppisite opinion that the new KR is canned or not liked, some posters here slam that person and label them. I'm sure my point will be proved with this post. If you don't agree with me that's fine as I'm open minded and secure enough to say to each their own and like what you like but it would be nice if some would allow for each person to have their own individual opinion and not be labeled a "hater" for it. And BTW, just want to say I'm not attacking any person with my above statements or below post.

Some of you need to face the fact that the new KR probably isn't coming back. You can campaign all you want but unless the new series has some major changes it will fail again because of all the flaws that were never changed or delt with in the 1st season. The new KR just wasn't cutting it in so many areas. That's not being negative its just stating a fact. The only 2 actors who belonged on the show and were Bruening and Davison and Davison they killed off. They had a good actor and they eliminated him. It blew me away when they eliminated the sort of "Devon Miles" character in the show. That was a TERRIBLE decision. Dianna Russo....you guys stop thinking with your male parts...she was a horrible actor and all she did was spit out her lines in ways that were completely annoying.

As far as the Baywatch thing. NBC did cancel the series and David Hasselhoff helped make it the success it was. I think that is needs to be remembered that the new Baywatch wasn't picked up by a major network such as NBC, CBS or ABC...it was picked up by syndicate stations {sorry if that's not the right term I don't remember the exact term for it} and distributed that way.

Whomever would maybe pick up the series for a 2nd season or 2nd time needs to think seriously about getting the series back to the original formula of the original show. At times I felt like I wasn't even watching KR...I felt more like I was watching some weird comic book show. I think that's one thing many people grew tired of. Also, I'll say that NBC putting the new KR up again'st American Idol was a totally idiot decision on NBC's part. Putting any new series up against Idol is not wise nor is it fair to the series.

If the show were brought back it needs to be started totaly new. Thin down the cast, keep Bruening and bring back Davison's character. They need to have maybe a female character but she needs to not be romantically linked to Michael Knight. I never understood what the reason was in linking Michael and Sara...what good was that for the show and what purpose did it serve? Again, the Sara character was over coming Bruening's character half the time...it got to the point in some episodes where she was more the focus than the car or Mike. Most of the time KITT was in the background of the show and kind of just there. He wasn't the main attraction of the show like in the original series. They could keep the Billy character as he was good and written right he and Mike could work well together at times. I'd keep Billly way before I'd keep Sara...if any character needed to be killed off it was her.

Go back to the original formula for the show and tone down the CGI a bit. If the show were renewed it needs to be taken back to the original formula as that will only help with its success. I'm not saying just redo the old episodes or redo the original series, but to cut away the unnecessary content that became more of the focus in the new KR. The series just needed changes for the better and not the worse which is what seemed to happen as the show went along.

I didn't care for Bruening at all at first but he grew on me and Davison I was always a fan of. I was really aggravated when he was taken out of the show. Billy I didn't like either but, again he grew on me and he could be a good addition to the show if his character were written well and had consistancy to it. KITT....KITT needed to be more sure of himself like in the original series. And there needed to be lots more connection between Mike and KITT and KITT with the audience. Russo and the other girl, get rid of and if a female character is needed in the show just have her as somebody in the background and nothing else. Stop trying to make an action show into "The O.C" or "The Hills." It doesn't work.

I think it would be great if we could have a new KR to watch each week but, as I stated above, unless some changes are made I doubt it will succeed. I am not a hater of the new KR and I believe that others aren't either just because they don't have a 200% posaive opinion.

probe2006
Volunteer

Post by probe2006 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Kaine wrote:i shall boycott NBC and any of their future productions from now on... well except for Chuck, this show is just too good... it's a miracle NBC hasn't axed it yet. but i'm afraid they will after the 13 episode order for a season 3. Then NBC is dead to me!
i second that statement!!!!!!!!! also i wanna know how nbc is so blind. all chuck fans did is complain on a nbc board the day of there announcement yet we have been pounding them with comments and petitions and there was a kr festival. either nbc exects are that truly morons or some one at nbc is trying to sabatoge there company(altho unlikely)

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:56 am

^ All TV is virtually dead for me for the foreseeable future, perhaps in a 1000 generations from now something good will pop up again, not that it matters to me or any of us but at at least there can be that glimmer of hope that in a billion years or so originality and so on will find it's way back. All that we ourselves have to look forward is PC infected horreddous shows, insipid Reality TV and so on, better tio just wallow on YouTube and just browse the web 'till the end of our days. Well there is the occasional comic con, fan reunion, token car show displaying both KRs and so on...

89IROCNDoug
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:40 am

Well, PunkMaister, while I share most of your sentiments, we still have MOVIES!!! :D The movie industry is still very strong and entertaining. And if you are like most of us, you either rent DVDs/Blu-rays, buy DVDs/Blu-rays, or both. (I do both myself) And watching movies online is becoming popular as well.

There is ONE new TV series I am looking forward to: V on ABC! :good:
One man did make a difference.

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:26 am

Again, what got old on pretty much the first half of the season (and I can't say it enough) was the "Mike, the misunderstood guy by his g/f Sarah" as he was ALWAYS caught in a compromising situation with a woman in bed, naked or both! KR is an ACTION show, not DRAMA! Even my wife would not watch it because the drama was just TOO EXCESIVE! Good thing from NBC to cut off the cast and remove the whole FBI angle. However, if a second season is to return, then the following changes either need to be made or keep the changes made on the second half of the first season:

1) ACTION! Need I say more?

2) Unlike TOS KR, This Michael Knight is not a cop, but an Army Ranger! Yes, there's got to be a degree of investigation (with the help of KITT to show him the way). In the end, he is to infiltrate, go undercover, search and rescue, neutralize or destroy! That's the angle to pursue this Michael Knight's Strengths and thus, give more focus on KITT when it comes to the investigations, evidence gathering, surveilance and of course, all his gadgets.

3) It was already established Mike and Sarah are a COMMITTED ITEM, KEEP IT THAT WAY! Why make him the commited guy and then have him sleep with Zoe (a co-worker) after a few tequila shots, for example? Yes, it's a man's dream of waking up to a hot asian woman or hot anything, but the reality is that after a few shots, you get to turn around and realize you got either the Blair Witch or Roseanne Arnold sleeping next to you the following morning, so NBC, get the picture?
a) With that said, I may want to add, NO MORE FOCUS ON T and A! We all heard sex sells, but we are in a time and age that it is getting really old and takes away from the action and plot of the episode. Again, ACTION SHOW! Don't cheat us, the fans out of it and remember KIDS watch this show too!

4) Dr Gaiman is dead an buried! Sucks he was taken out and maybe he should've been kept instead of Zoe, but unfortunately, NBC again screwed that up by thinking with their D**KS instead of that organ we got that controls all our body functions in a rational natural way, not just sexual! Next Alternative, bring David Hasselhoff as the new Devon and guide the new Michael Knight on the investigative aspect of the job as a FLAG operative.

Those are my two cents on this matter and whoever ends up picking up the show in the future, please follow these guidelines and I am at least 97% certain it will soar to greater heights than NBC could ever do with it.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Tiger Warrior wrote:4) Dr Gaiman is dead an buried! Sucks he was taken out and maybe he should've been kept instead of Zoe, but unfortunately, NBC again screwed that up by thinking with their D**KS instead of that organ we got that controls all our body functions in a rational natural way, not just sexual! Next Alternative, bring David Hasselhoff as the new Devon and guide the new Michael Knight on the investigative aspect of the job as a FLAG operative.

Those are my two cents on this matter and whoever ends up picking up the show in the future, please follow these guidelines and I am at least 97% certain it will soar to greater heights than NBC could ever do with it.
Speak for yourself when it comes to end up bedding someone like Rosseane Arnold (Uggh)

I recall that in the TOS Michael Knight was often dating pretty hot women himself and often KITT interrupted him while he was making out which annoyed him to no end... :lol:

In any event, the show is canned so it really doesn't matter, now does it?
89IROCNDoug wrote:Well, PunkMaister, while I share most of your sentiments, we still have MOVIES!!! :D The movie industry is still very strong and entertaining. And if you are like most of us, you either rent DVDs/Blu-rays, buy DVDs/Blu-rays, or both. (I do both myself) And watching movies online is becoming popular as well.

There is ONE new TV series I am looking forward to: V on ABC! :good:
Well I do but renting and/or buying movies as in DVDs etc can get pretty expensive and I'm not rich.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much when it comes to Networks and Scifi shows I've been burned by the networks so much now that I know even V probably won't last very long no matter how good it turns out to be...

AndrewGTR
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by AndrewGTR » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:33 am

hi i wonder anyone from malaysia has join this but...nvr mnd...i really wished that KR is continued!!with more fast paced action,cooler transformation mode AND i oso wish that the transform effect of pilot episode is brought bac because the morph is SO COOL!!!!d transform effect ala transformer is not really that attractive and sofisticated i tink...anyone agree??

NN11
Operative

Post by NN11 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:07 pm

AndrewGTR wrote:hi i wonder anyone from malaysia has join this but...nvr mnd...i really wished that KR is continued!!with more fast paced action,cooler transformation mode AND i oso wish that the transform effect of pilot episode is brought bac because the morph is SO COOL!!!!d transform effect ala transformer is not really that attractive and sofisticated i tink...anyone agree??
yes i agree
i hated the attack mode so much that i even made one according to my wish
viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=14743

(for your info i am a malaysian who lives in subang jaya.by the way welcome to KRO)

BountyHunter
Volunteer

Post by BountyHunter » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:39 am

Is there any chance that maybe they've decided to go with KR Season 2 as a mid season replacement? It wouldn't show up on the fall line-up if that was the case.

Just wondering.

Also, and just another thought I had, they could be waiting to factor in how well the Season 1 DVD set sells, before making a decision. Studios are sneaky like that.

So BUY the DVDs when they come out!!!!!! :D

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:01 pm

we should burn down NBC HQ! 30 Rockefeller Center! Then Ben will know the true power of the Knight Rider fanbase! :evil:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:10 am

Pct1theory wrote:we should burn down NBC HQ! 30 Rockefeller Center! Then Ben will know the true power of the Knight Rider fanbase! :evil:
wow, thats one hell of a threat to burn down nbc studios, what are you insane, speak for yourself, do you know how many people you would kill or injure by doing that? you should really think before making statements like that!!!!!! :shock: :shock:
in glen larson we trust.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:33 pm

knightprobe89 wrote:
Pct1theory wrote:we should burn down NBC HQ! 30 Rockefeller Center! Then Ben will know the true power of the Knight Rider fanbase! :evil:
wow, thats one hell of a threat to burn down nbc studios, what are you insane, speak for yourself, do you know how many people you would kill or injure by doing that? you should really think before making statements like that!!!!!! :shock: :shock:
Also, they'd *never* make another KR again if someone did that! :shock: So... no violence please! KITT wouldn't condone it either!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

knight_Sam
Recruit

Post by knight_Sam » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:58 am

Hey can anyone check the TRP ratinings of KR in India it started airing here Last week not on prime time thou it airs at 10 PM on thursday & friday with a repeat next day at 1 PM. I hope these ratinings are also taken into account for getting KR back the channel Star world had been advertising the series a lot before the start last week & still continues to advertise it every day on all their network channels. I Sure do hope we get a season 2 KITT has a huge FAN base in India too. :spm:

Michael_Knight1
Volunteer

Post by Michael_Knight1 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:14 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
knightprobe89 wrote:
Also, they'd *never* make another KR again if someone did that! :shock: So... no violence please! KITT wouldn't condone it either!
At the time of the post the moron probably got the FBI to come in here too. Years ago you could joke about it but now they are in nazi mode they'll come after you for joking.
A Knight Rider fan who isn't in denial about the 2008 show's cancellation.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:36 pm

Wow what a great attitude to have! Hey why stop there? Why not go and kidnap GL and torture him for not being able to bring that long awaited KR big screen film as well! :roll: (NOT!) :roll:

I hope the FBI and Homeland security nailed your arse...

BountyHunter
Volunteer

Post by BountyHunter » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Hmmm, some of these ideas show promise.

lol

jeffmw078
Stranger

Post by jeffmw078 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:12 pm

First my name ie Jeff im new to the forum. I was just to young to remember the original KR series but rewatched in reruns and dvd. I liked the new series too. Now on to bussiness. The show was good. however with the recent writers strike. basically good show bad time.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:04 am

The series went into production well after the Writers Strike ended. The only thing it affected was the backdoor pilot.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

thetruckdriver
Volunteer

Post by thetruckdriver » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi - So, will there be any more KR? I just watched the last episode just now (UK) and will be well fed up if it is the last.......Help?

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:49 pm

as of now the show is canceled in the usa, but there are rumors about another season in 2010.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:35 pm

It may be a reference to the season that just ended but I would thing that would have been the 2008-2009 sesaon but Knight Rider is showing Knight Rider on the 2009-2010 season on NBC.COM

PiperToo
Stranger

Post by PiperToo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 pm

I think 2010 could refer to a short spring season like they do after the first of the year when they see what stuff works and doesn't work in the fall. Four hours a week of Jay Lenno in prime time may not work - for instnace - and they may need more shows in the spring. I don't follow ratings, so I don't know what the trends are, but that's the only possibility I could see for a new season in 2010.

Here's hoping.
Virginia

PS: This is my first post here... cool! :kitt:
"God bless... Carry on." -Dr. Graiman

Wouldn't you like to be a Piper too?
http://www.pipertoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:19 am

well knight rider has gotten higher ratings then what's been showing in its timeslot this season.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:30 am

KITT wrote:well knight rider has gotten higher ratings then what's been showing in its timeslot this season.
NBC were far to quick with their 'knee jerk' reaction to can the series so soon. Fact is more and more people are turning to video games, the internet, DVD's, Blu-ray's and other forms of entertainment rather than watching TV. Couple that with the fact more and more people, regardless of the 'right or wrong' debate, are choosing to download their TV shows via the internet.

That doesnt excuse some of the bad episodes though, maaan their were some stinkers, but everything from the re-boot onwards was quite promising. Can't understand why NBC bothered with the re-boot if they weren't going to give it at least another season.

Maybe the gap between series 1 and a possible series 2 could be down to the current economic climate. For sure car sales were awful at the time of KR cancellation BUT with things looking on the up, maybe it will return?
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

.:!FILDA!:.
Operative
Location: Jirikov, Usti region, Czech Repubilc (Jiříkov, Ústecký kraj, Česká Republika)

Post by .:!FILDA!:. » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 pm

NBC please back Knight Rider !!! :good:
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/01/kn ... ight/29210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please excuse my english, I'm still learning. Thanks!
!!! FAN FROM CZECH REPUBLIC !!!

.:!FILDA!:.