My parents just bumped into KITT!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My parents just bumped into KITT!

Post by Skav » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:55 am

So, I just got a call from my mother saying she and my stepdad were just riding alongside KITT. They asked him if he would pull over so they could get a few photo's for me as I wasn't with them and he kindly obliged.

My mum is going to send the photo's via email so when I get them I will post them on here for you guys to see.

The guy doesn't live far from me. He is 40 years old and a big Knight Rider fan!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Re: My parents just bumped into KITT!

Post by Skav » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:34 pm

Here is KITT:
Attachments
GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
GetAttachment.aspx.jpg (27.79 KiB) Viewed 10227 times
kitt2.jpg
kitt2.jpg (28.78 KiB) Viewed 10227 times
kitt3.jpg
kitt3.jpg (29.21 KiB) Viewed 10230 times
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:36 pm

The dash
Attachments
kitt4.jpg
kitt4.jpg (28.52 KiB) Viewed 10224 times

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Hey Skav hows it goin ? i havnt posted here for a while !

Im not sure who's replica it is either, one of the lads on Knight Rider UK had his car in a garage and that KITT was there at the same time ! what are the chances of that ? i just recognise the registration, quite a cool one to have on a KITT replica :)

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:52 pm

It's odd to see KITT on not the right side of the road.. (I wont say wrong he he) Are there any laws against driving cars with a backward steering wheel?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:04 am

Newcastle knight wrote:Hey Skav hows it goin ? i havnt posted here for a while !

Im not sure who's replica it is either, one of the lads on Knight Rider UK had his car in a garage and that KITT was there at the same time ! what are the chances of that ? i just recognise the registration, quite a cool one to have on a KITT replica :)
Hiya Nick, I'm good. Glad to hear from you again.

Yes, the first movie I thought about (being a horror fan and all) was Halloween:H20 lol. Okay, that wasn't a terribly good horror film. :| I don't know whether the guy was a horror fan or not but it is a cool number plate.

If you ever find out if this car is registered online somewhere or if you ever find out who the guy is, please let me know.

Sue wrote:It's odd to see KITT on not the right side of the road.. (I wont say wrong he he) Are there any laws against driving cars with a backward steering wheel?

Not that I know of, Sue, but I think there is a law that prohibits us from driving with a gull steering wheel so I think the driver is pushing his luck steering around with that.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:25 am

awesome score dude
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Lovely!! :lol: no matter how many times I see a copy of KITT, I always smile. :D I like the wheels, they look good
Image :kitt:

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Skav, i think your getting me confused with the creator of Knight Rider UK, im Scott, lol.

As for the gullwing, its totally legal here in the UK, there was an old car with a square-ish shaped steering wheel and its not specified that the steering wheel has to be round in shape, so we are all good :) which is just as well because my KITT has the gullwing fitted too. Im busy working on the dash at the moment and then he will nearly be done, or at least the majority will be done. :)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:58 pm

Newcastle knight wrote:Skav, i think your getting me confused with the creator of Knight Rider UK, im Scott, lol.

As for the gullwing, its totally legal here in the UK, there was an old car with a square-ish shaped steering wheel and its not specified that the steering wheel has to be round in shape, so we are all good :) which is just as well because my KITT has the gullwing fitted too. Im busy working on the dash at the moment and then he will nearly be done, or at least the majority will be done. :)
lol, sorry, Scott. I do remember you and I did confuse you with Nick. :oops:

Your KITT is awesome. I've just checked out some pics. Your dash looks complete except that it looks as though the buttons on either side of the steering wheel are missing. Apart from that, it looks excellent. :mrgreen:

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:44 am

I really need to update my cardomain site ! my car has totally changed now, lol.

Ive now got a Knight Passions bumper, and i binned that dashboard, i made the whole thing myself and it looked ok, but i would never of been satisfied with it, so i bought a season 3/4 moulded from original dashboard instead, and ive bought brenons new 3/4 electronics for it, ive got jupiters switchpod electronics, and lower console electronics too.

im just waiting for all the electronics coming so it can all go in the car :)

Skav, you should try and get to KnightCon in September, there will be a ton of KITT replicas for you to drool over

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:12 am

Newcastle knight wrote:I really need to update my cardomain site ! my car has totally changed now, lol.

Ive now got a Knight Passions bumper, and i binned that dashboard, i made the whole thing myself and it looked ok, but i would never of been satisfied with it, so i bought a season 3/4 moulded from original dashboard instead, and ive bought brenons new 3/4 electronics for it, ive got jupiters switchpod electronics, and lower console electronics too.

im just waiting for all the electronics coming so it can all go in the car :)

Skav, you should try and get to KnightCon in September, there will be a ton of KITT replicas for you to drool over
I don't think I can make that, mate, I'm heading to Vegas for the KR convention in March instead. How much is it to get in to KnightCon and where is it being held?

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:14 am

Its totally free mate, everything is being paid for by the 2 organisers of the show, they are seriously good lads !

KnightCon 09 is on Saturday 26th of September, at the Halifax Premier Inn, West Yorkshire,

check out the KnightCon page for all the other info, its going to be huge this year, the hotel is already fullly booked for people staying over. Ive booked up for friday and saturday, so i can just chill on the friday night and polish KITT up, alongside a lot of other people by the sound of it :D

http://knightconuk.ning.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:21 pm

Newcastle knight wrote:Its totally free mate, everything is being paid for by the 2 organisers of the show, they are seriously good lads !

KnightCon 09 is on Saturday 26th of September, at the Halifax Premier Inn, West Yorkshire,

check out the KnightCon page for all the other info, its going to be huge this year, the hotel is already fullly booked for people staying over. Ive booked up for friday and saturday, so i can just chill on the friday night and polish KITT up, alongside a lot of other people by the sound of it :D

http://knightconuk.ning.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkshire is a bit out of my way but I'll definetely see what I can do, mate. :mrgreen: :good:

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:11 am

Sue wrote:It's odd to see KITT on not the right side of the road.. (I wont say wrong he he) Are there any laws against driving cars with a backward steering wheel?
Did you mean a LHD (Left Hand Drive) car Sue? There is no law that says the wheel has to be RH or LH in the UK or US. The postal service would be in a heap of trouble if they did it over here. As long as you know what side of the road to drive on you can operate the vehicle from anywhere :).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2: