Knight Rider Trailer

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Trailer

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:37 am

As many of you might know, I'm an amateur film editor/camera man. It's evidenced in my youtube videos of my own KI3T. I've been working on my latest project for a week and it's my best one yet, IMO. I watched the Star Trek trailer #2 for inspiration. I even used the background music. I mostly used the Knight Rider pilot (Prometheus) because that's the one I had stored on my computer. Let me know what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1kkTIDWnS0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wez
Operative

Re: Knight Rider Trailer

Post by wez » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:25 pm

kooll. mate :D

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Very Nice!

ShadowKnight006
Recruit

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:58 pm

That was such a great trailer! Maybe could have used a turbo boost or two but still awesome.

:karr:
Looking for TKR!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:29 am

I loved that trailer.I'm saving it with my kr 2008 clips.I also liked how you immitated kr2000 using footage of Michael Knight over Wilton on his death bed and kitt from deadly manuevers.It was a bit long but good none the less.Keep up the great work!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:53 am

I like it, its part of my favorites list now. any more projects in the near future?? Image :kitt:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:18 am

Thanks for the comment guys. Oh yes, there will be more projects in the future.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:00 am

Nice clip. For a trailer, you need to have the clips more in synch with the beats of the music and introduce some inclusive text effects. I suggest really looking at how movie trailers are made, especially Star Trek and try and study timing, focal point, opposing angles, etc.

Your trailer isn't bad but I know that you can do better if you really put your mind to it ;)

I also noticed that you chose to use my banner artwork for the Knight Rider graphic at the end of it. Although I will let this slide for this one clip, please refrain from doing so in the future (regarding the NBCU series) as this banner art is a concept for Glen's motion picture and I do not want it associated with the newer series by NBC with the Shelby.

Please understand I do not want people to become confused about this imagery with respects to branding.

Thanks and good luck!

=VK=
:dash:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:52 am

I liked it.Especially using the Star Trek music :wink:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Victor Kros wrote:Nice clip. For a trailer, you need to have the clips more in synch with the beats of the music and introduce some inclusive text effects. I suggest really looking at how movie trailers are made, especially Star Trek and try and study timing, focal point, opposing angles, etc.

Your trailer isn't bad but I know that you can do better if you really put your mind to it ;)

I also noticed that you chose to use my banner artwork for the Knight Rider graphic at the end of it. Although I will let this slide for this one clip, please refrain from doing so in the future (regarding the NBCU series) as this banner art is a concept for Glen's motion picture and I do not want it associated with the newer series by NBC with the Shelby.

Please understand I do not want people to become confused about this imagery with respects to branding.

Thanks and good luck!

=VK=
Thanks for all the kind words and critiques. I do think I have been getting progressively better with each of my works. Syncing the clips with the music beats is one of my biggest peeves. I can never seem to get it just right. It does make the video flow seamlessly when I get it right, however.
Victor, I apologize for using that banner without your permission. I've been working on little changes here and there to take it up a notch, in terms of quality, and will take your banner out of the video. With your permission, however, I'd like to leave it up until I finish the current incarnation.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:42 pm

Okay, yeah, that, was AWESOME! It really showed the intensity of the whole show. I really like how you put that together.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:36 am

Thanks for all the kind words and critiques. I do think I have been getting progressively better with each of my works. Syncing the clips with the music beats is one of my biggest peeves. I can never seem to get it just right. It does make the video flow seamlessly when I get it right, however.
Victor, I apologize for using that banner without your permission. I've been working on little changes here and there to take it up a notch, in terms of quality, and will take your banner out of the video. With your permission, however, I'd like to leave it up until I finish the current incarnation.
- Not a problem, keep up the good work.

=VK=

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:29 pm

GREAT job!