I'm about sick of this!!!!!!........

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I'm about sick of this!!!!!!........

Post by MR2NR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:02 pm

So I've been coaching little league and working at a large scout camp and talked to a lot of youngsters this summer 200+ kids a week. I have my itouch loaded with every episode of the new Knight Rider. I swear about half of the kids I have talked too never knew Knight Rider had came back and knew about the old series from their geeky dads!!!! I show them a excerpt of an episode and about 80% of them are astonished!!! Saying, "What time is it on!", and "Heck ya I'll watch it." This just disappoints me so much on the sad advertising/promoting NBC did and further proving that the promoters are the only reason the series had trouble not anything else!!!
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Re: I'm about sick of this!!!!!!........

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:40 pm

I tend to agree.

Everyone at my work was just getting interested when the Dec. layover occured. Then suddenly, they decided that it was cancelled. When I told them that it only got better after that, they got mad that they missed it.

Grrrrr, to no advertising!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:00 am

nbc did a whole lot of advertising and promotion for kr08, the target demographic for tv shows are 18 to 49 year olds those are the age groups advertisers look for, not young kids, its all about money and who is going to buy products that are advertised in thier commercials.
in glen larson we trust.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:16 am

knightprobe89 wrote:nbc did a whole lot of advertising and promotion for kr08, the target demographic for tv shows are 18 to 49 year olds those are the age groups advertisers look for, not young kids, its all about money and who is going to buy products that are advertised in thier commercials.
maybe they did at the begining before the reboot, but at that time people were leaving the show because of the crazy approach GST did. but after the reboot when the show got better, not enough advertising was done to bring back the people who already left the show. its not only me saying this, alot of people on KRO say the same Image :kitt:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:13 am

Actually no, people left because of the messed up airing schedule and the suddenly ending promo (after episode 4 or 5). Obama came in to interrupt twice, without clearly indicating when the show would return (some people even thought it was over then!)... and the big reboot with the KARR character ( which NBC totally loved, seriously they did no joke) was left untouched by the hype machine. GST had some bad ideas in the beginning but NBC had bad faith in the show ever since the first Obama interruption.

The show is ending the first season run around these couple of weeks in Holland and guess what? It is still getting promo's on TV. Was it really that hard NBC? On a brighter note... NBC's little favourite Heroes is failing too (not that I am bad mouthing Heroes, it is a cool enough show). NBC always had that as an ace up their sleeve, well ratings of that show have dropped to 5-6 million from the 10 million it had in the beginning of the season (with promo's throughout the run), however Europe saves Heroes (particularly the UK's BBC) as the show is doing well for them so it gets renewed due to foreign demand. And need I say Kings, the show that had "super ultra cool" all over it according to NBC? That failed miserably and got lower ratings KR ever had in less than 3 weeks. Fact of the matter is NBC is doing awful under Bromstad now (even worse rating wise than it did under Silverman in some ways) and NBC is desperate, while being so they forget all the shows with potential and drop them like a brick... even their little gold mine Heroes is starting to run out of the shiny stuff.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Why doesn't NBC drop Angela Bromstad already she obviously has done nothing but drive the corporation into the ground literally. And usually when CEO's are good for nothing companies drop then like sacks of potatoes so why is she still on the job?

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:47 pm

It's not about what you know, it's about who you know.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:32 am

so true.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:16 am

Solid Snake wrote:Actually no, people left because of the messed up airing schedule and the suddenly ending promo (after episode 4 or 5). Obama came in to interrupt twice, without clearly indicating when the show would return (some people even thought it was over then!)... and the big reboot with the KARR character ( which NBC totally loved, seriously they did no joke) was left untouched by the hype machine. GST had some bad ideas in the beginning but NBC had bad faith in the show ever since the first Obama interruption.

The show is ending the first season run around these couple of weeks in Holland and guess what? It is still getting promo's on TV. Was it really that hard NBC? On a brighter note... NBC's little favourite Heroes is failing too (not that I am bad mouthing Heroes, it is a cool enough show). NBC always had that as an ace up their sleeve, well ratings of that show have dropped to 5-6 million from the 10 million it had in the beginning of the season (with promo's throughout the run), however Europe saves Heroes (particularly the UK's BBC) as the show is doing well for them so it gets renewed due to foreign demand. And need I say Kings, the show that had "super ultra cool" all over it according to NBC? That failed miserably and got lower ratings KR ever had in less than 3 weeks. Fact of the matter is NBC is doing awful under Bromstad now (even worse rating wise than it did under Silverman in some ways) and NBC is desperate, while being so they forget all the shows with potential and drop them like a brick... even their little gold mine Heroes is starting to run out of the shiny stuff.
Your explanation is very good. Thank you for that.
I just need someone from NBC to answer our questions and tell us why they have not advertised that much? and why they have droped the show? what is the big show they have that got KR cancelled? and when they will "Officialy" cancel the show? as we know, the cancelation notes has not delivered to the cast. when that will happen? Image :kitt:

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:04 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:It's not about what you know, it's about who you know.
So, so very true.

When I go to school, I swear I'm the only one who knows about Knight Rider. And I only saw one or two commercials before the series came on. I never saw one before the pilot. I personally think that they should have kept up advertising after the reboot. A lot of people missed the best episodes of the season. I adore the last 5-8 episodes.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:00 am

Honestly, I never thought about the possibility of not enough promotion for the show, might had further caused the lack of more viewers which makes sense. However, the whole "Michael Knight, the misunderstood b/f" angle got to be too much like a soap opera than action. Sure, the original MK had women on each episode and yes, he had Stevie, who he loved dearly, but Stevie wasn't in EVERY episode and it was made clear that due to certain ciscumstances, they were not to be together in anyway, shape or form. On GST however, MK's son had the love of his live interacting with him both professionally and personally, thus, making them a commited couple in every sense of the word. Putting other women in his life which he never did anything with them (except with Zoe) and Sarah catching him in the act, well, I for one turned me off for the first half of the season. After the second half of the season's revamp, things where the way they should've been from the beggining. A part of me still holds hope for KR 08 to come back and if NBC had a brain, they would bring back KR to their station, promote it more and watch the fan base and ratings grow.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:03 am

2 years later....

I...I think Knight Rider has a chance to make it back on the airwaves!!

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Pretty much says it all really...
Knight Rider - an updated version of the 1980s series - was the other show in doubt for the 2009-10 season.

The two shows were "fair tries" but aren't holding up in the ratings, Bromstad said.
Source: TheAge.com.au
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Rockatteer wrote:Pretty much says it all really...
Knight Rider - an updated version of the 1980s series - was the other show in doubt for the 2009-10 season.

The two shows were "fair tries" but aren't holding up in the ratings, Bromstad said.
Source: TheAge.com.au
that sucks dude
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!