OK is this show canned or what?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

OK is this show canned or what?

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:23 am

I'm, asking becase of this statemen by Mr Nepa!
Super Flash wrote:Hello There Everyone, :kitt:

I didn't get a chance to read this entire thread yet but, I am getting tired of all this blaiming Gary Scott Thomson. There are many reasons why this show is not on at the moment and using Digital Spy as a source for information is not good as I pointed out earlier. That site is not at all accurate for their info. I have other reliable sites more so then Digital Spy. I pointed in an earlier post as to why I do not like that site. As for Knight Rider is it not done and I refuse to believe so. As for Gary the show's short comings were not all his fault. I do agree that NBC dropped the ball here with the show and failed to promote the show properly and put it on a night that would help Knight Rider. You all forget as I pointed out in an earlier post that Knight Rider was pre-empted for several weeks in November to January and was not promoted as returning as much as it should. Right now on USA Network NBC is promoting the heck out for their new Tonight Show with Conan Obrian and yet where was that kind of backing for Knight Rider? As for the individual episodes some were good and others were weak I will grant you that. Could they have been better of'course. I can say the same about alot of shows in their first season. Take Star Trek: The Next Generation and Cheers those show had some good and bad episodes during their first season. As time went on did they get better? Yes!!!! Too bad for us we will have to wait to see if that happens here with Knight Rider. We can sit here and pick about all of the reasons as to what really hurt Knight Rider and I gave you my reason and I am moving on. Harping on this serves no purpose. 8)

Next, how come no one on the main site confirmed Knight Rider's "supposed cancellation"? I have yet to read an article on the main site that the show is done. Neps, Matthew, and so forth have yet to post anything on this and you all would rather believe some inaccurate web site then this one. I trust those people and when they do post something on this site about the show I will go with that. Not conjecture or anything else for that matter. I love the show too much to believe what is stated here. As far as I am concerned the show is alive and well until I see other wise. :)

Thanks and take care now,
Michael P. Nepa :good:
Now as I understand it it was in the new NBC lineup that we would know whether or not the show was axed thus canceled or not. KR is not on their list and the understanding was that if it was not it was canned and now this?

What is going on here? I'm very confused, I've been on a depressing bilge since I heard KR was canned and now there is nothing official.

Can anybody clear any of this for me PLEASE?

DJGM
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: OK is this show canned or what?

Post by DJGM » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:12 pm

Your guess is as good as mine or anyone else's. The way I see it right now is either one of
three things could happen concerning the future of KR ... at least in it's current form.

(1) It's perhaps too late for NBC to renew KR for a full 2nd season, since their line-up for
the Autumn-Winter/2009-2010 is done and dusted. They could however recommission
the series for a number of episodes as a mid-season replacement to air next Spring.
This is probably where the 5 episodes shelved from Season 1 could come in.

(2) One other option for those 5 shelved episodes, could be feature length TV movies,
shown as special one-off presentations, in a similar way to last year's backdoor pilot.
How and/or where these would be scheduled is entirely up to NBC of course.

(3) The last thing most of us would want, and similar to the current situation we're in
now ... NBC decides to (quietly) drop the show altogether, hoping no-one notices,
but without actually informing anyone that put so much effort and hard work into
the show, and maybe even ignoring all campaign efforts to bring the show back.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:22 pm

But most people I've talked about on the Chatroom here believe that the show is canned finito, over! Given the fact that NBC did not include it in it's lineup and have removed it from their shows drop down menu as well...

If it's not canceled then why is everyone acting as if it is! Who puts the official word on this if not NBC? :?

Nothing is making any sense anymore...

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:45 am

- For me, what is confusing is, almost every body says if the show is canceled then NBC will hand over letters for all the cast of the show. as far as I know, This has not happen yet!!!!
- another confusing point is, some people say their is a chance to move the show to another chanel like SciFi or something. its not very clear about the time frame for the option. in other words, if this is to happen, when is the last date for this option to turn true???

but to be honest, as far as I understand from the current facts, KR is done. Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:24 am

Knight007 wrote:- For me, what is confusing is, almost every body says if the show is canceled then NBC will hand over letters for all the cast of the show. as far as I know, This has not happen yet!!!!
- another confusing point is, some people say their is a chance to move the show to another chanel like SciFi or something. its not very clear about the time frame for the option. in other words, if this is to happen, when is the last date for this option to turn true???

but to be honest, as far as I understand from the current facts, KR is done. Image :kitt:

Everything about this whole situation is confusing...

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:00 am

Tell me about it. for the time being, I just keep watching KR08 and TOS to have a feeling of Michel and KITT.
I wish if we can have a final word from any one and end this story for good. Image :kitt:

shania5603
Stranger

Post by shania5603 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:27 am

sorry to say that wikipedia still states that the show was not renewed as of the 19th of may so it lookes like its dead for sure its a pity im in scotland and just started watching it on sci-fi and im enjoying it very much :(

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:22 am

I'll clarify the current status of the show based on what is going on...

1. It has not been picked up by NBC for the Fall.

2. The show is effectively canceled. Don't kid yourself by posting thread after thread screaming that it's not dead and we're getting episodes in the Fall or Spring.

3. If the show performs extremely well in the foreign market run that it's getting right now, it "might", get another shot. That's a HUGE IF though. A lot of things have to align properly for any chance of that to happen including more sponsorship. The entire cast will be "let go" from any contractual obligations to the production if they haven't already done so as individuals after the show runs it's course overseas.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 am

Lexicon wrote:I'll clarify the current status of the show based on what is going on...

1. It has not been picked up by NBC for the Fall.

2. The show is effectively canceled. Don't kid yourself by posting thread after thread screaming that it's not dead and we're getting episodes in the Fall or Spring.

3. If the show performs extremely well in the foreign market run that it's getting right now, it "might", get another shot. That's a HUGE IF though. A lot of things have to align properly for any chance of that to happen including more sponsorship. The entire cast will be "let go" from any contractual obligations to the production if they haven't already done so as individuals after the show runs it's course overseas.
Which points to the inalienable conclusion that the show and the franchise production wise is pretty much dead and there won't be anything in the foreseeable future, even if the show gets a second wind it could take as much as 2 or 3 years before they can get the whole cast or part of it again as they are probably by now under other full term contractual obligations from other shows And that is a huge IF as you say. :(

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Post by MikeBKnight » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:04 pm

True, while KR2008 is more then likely canned, at least we have the Knight Rider movie coming up with en a few years or so :) I'm SOOO looking forward to that !!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:03 pm

MikeBKnight wrote:True, while KR2008 is more then likely canned, at least we have the Knight Rider movie coming up with en a few years or so :) I'm SOOO looking forward to that !!!
Again with that! Glen Larson has been trying to make that movie for decades now and nothing is even being produced. NBC holds all the cards so I doubt that it will be nothing more than a dream as it always has been...

All we have to look forward too is conventions, the occasional car show appearance and that sort of stuff...

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:10 pm

i am confused onthe status of the show is this show canned or what?
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:18 pm

the show is canned. you can live your life according to this. and this is what I have done for myself.
If lighting strikes, then its good news, if it doesnt, no harm done and we are already living our lives. how does this sound like???
Image :kitt:

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:19 pm

Hello There Everyone, 8)

I can see that I have another post to address here so let us get started here.

I will address Lexicon comments first reprinted by PunkMaister and then PunkMaister response next.

"PunkMaister » Jun 07, 2009 9:52 am

Lexicon wrote:

1. It has not been picked up by NBC for the Fall."
Yes, well agree on that. Still mid season replacement is a possibility since NBC didn't announce many replacement shows at this point in time.

"2. The show is effectively canceled. Don't kid yourself by posting thread after thread screaming that it's not dead and we're getting episodes in the Fall or Spring."

I don't agree here. While the show is not on the fall line-up doesn't mean a thing and I do not believe nor will I ever believe that it is. I am not kidding myself here and I am quite sure that the show will be back in the spring of 2010 as a mid-season replacement show. I am not screaming anything and I pick my threads to respond to. I don't respond to every thread here even though it seems like it.

"3. If the show performs extremely well in the foreign market run that it's getting right now, it "might", get another shot. That's a HUGE IF though. A lot of things have to align properly for any chance of that to happen including more sponsorship. The entire cast will be "let go" from any contractual obligations to the production if they haven't already done so as individuals after the show runs it's course overseas."

The last I heard the show is doing fine and we could use an update here as to how Knight Rider is doing overseas. I am sure the Knight Rider will be back with the current next year since the show seems to be doing fine overseas. There is no if about it. The show will be back. Nothing has been announced about the cast being let go and that remains to be seen if it does happen. I will to see what NBC says on their website and from the people who run this website for details as to whether or not the show is "cancelled" or not. I will admit that it appears that way but, I am not convinced, which brings me to my next point to address here:

This is from PunkMaister:

"Which points to the inalienable conclusion that the show and the franchise production wise is pretty much dead and there won't be anything in the foreseeable future, even if the show gets a second wind it could take as much as 2 or 3 years before they can get the whole cast or part of it again as they are probably by now under other full term contractual obligations from other shows And that is a huge IF as you say.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant"

He can he say this? Where is his proof? I am sorry but, I do not agree here and have made my points above. The franchise is not nor ever will be dead. I wish you would stop saying that. The franchise will never died because there are too many fans like me to believe that and two there are plans underway for another Knight Rider convention for next year in VEgas. They don't have conventions for dead franchises you know. As for te cast and crew of the sho we do not know if they are under contact to to do other shows at this point. Besides, I read on another website where one actor will be doing V for ABC and appearing on FOx's Doll House so doing double duty is not out of the question if that is the case. I will wait for the moderators of this site to make the case for Knight Rider either being cancelled or not before I move on. I am not out to ruffle any feathers here but, I do like to gie an opposing point of view wheher or not you all agree with it. :kittconv:

Thanks and take care,
Knight Rider Lives!!!

knightwing101
Volunteer

Post by knightwing101 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:21 pm

Soz for the long term absence from this forum,

But what really gets my goat, is that when the successful show Jericho got cancelled, here was a massive up rising to get the show a second season.

With the massive fan base old and new, why hasn't it happened for KR08.

Love the new show, loved it's change of direction mid season.

Shows have been known to revive mid season.

Keep the pressure on!! Bottom line, if they want to make guaranteed money.

Because lets be honest they don't necessarily want to make good shows, they just want to make money!!!
I.E. UK main example BigBrother!!! Another season of *?$# just starting!!

KEEP The preasure on!!!

Please note to everyone, If you like I, downloaded the series on the sly, so you watched it before anyone else, those ratings I doubt were included in the viewing stats. So a little advice tune in anyway!!!!

I know the viewing figures are good over here in the UK!!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Super Flash wrote:
"PunkMaister » Jun 07, 2009 9:52 am

Lexicon wrote:

1. It has not been picked up by NBC for the Fall."
Yes, well agree on that. Still mid season replacement is a possibility since NBC didn't announce many replacement shows at this point in time.

"2. The show is effectively canceled. Don't kid yourself by posting thread after thread screaming that it's not dead and we're getting episodes in the Fall or Spring."

I don't agree here. While the show is not on the fall line-up doesn't mean a thing and I do not believe nor will I ever believe that it is. I am not kidding myself here and I am quite sure that the show will be back in the spring of 2010 as a mid-season replacement show. I am not screaming anything and I pick my threads to respond to. I don't respond to every thread here even though it seems like it.

"3. If the show performs extremely well in the foreign market run that it's getting right now, it "might", get another shot. That's a HUGE IF though. A lot of things have to align properly for any chance of that to happen including more sponsorship. The entire cast will be "let go" from any contractual obligations to the production if they haven't already done so as individuals after the show runs it's course overseas."

The last I heard the show is doing fine and we could use an update here as to how Knight Rider is doing overseas. I am sure the Knight Rider will be back with the current next year since the show seems to be doing fine overseas. There is no if about it. The show will be back. Nothing has been announced about the cast being let go and that remains to be seen if it does happen. I will to see what NBC says on their website and from the people who run this website for details as to whether or not the show is "cancelled" or not. I will admit that it appears that way but, I am not convinced, which brings me to my next point to address here:

This is from PunkMaister:

"Which points to the inalienable conclusion that the show and the franchise production wise is pretty much dead and there won't be anything in the foreseeable future, even if the show gets a second wind it could take as much as 2 or 3 years before they can get the whole cast or part of it again as they are probably by now under other full term contractual obligations from other shows And that is a huge IF as you say.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant"

He can he say this? Where is his proof? I am sorry but, I do not agree here and have made my points above. The franchise is not nor ever will be dead. I wish you would stop saying that. The franchise will never died because there are too many fans like me to believe that and two there are plans underway for another Knight Rider convention for next year in VEgas. They don't have conventions for dead franchises you know. As for te cast and crew of the sho we do not know if they are under contact to to do other shows at this point. Besides, I read on another website where one actor will be doing V for ABC and appearing on FOx's Doll House so doing double duty is not out of the question if that is the case. I will wait for the moderators of this site to make the case for Knight Rider either being cancelled or not before I move on. I am not out to ruffle any feathers here but, I do like to gie an opposing point of view wheher or not you all agree with it. :kittconv:

Thanks and take care,
Hi there Michael, I never said the franchise was dead as in totally dead but in terms of any ongoing productions. And no conventions are not TV shows and thus not a production. Which is what I was referring too.

Could the show be saved? Could the cast be re-cast again? I hope it can happen as you say. But what we have to look at now is not promising at all. The show is now a comatose patient that no one knows if it's going to awake or byte the dust.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:53 pm

Can someone do some detective work and get a hold of the people in the know to CONFIRM what most people believe to be true? Can't we go to NBC and ask for Clarification to KR 08's plans/future? If they state that it's not on the fall schedule, or upcoming mid-season / after winter Olympics replacement schedule, then that caps it. Because they don't leave shows in limbo like that. You are either ON, and in production, or you are not. Can't Neps, Matthew, Sue, anyone get a hold of their contacts to find out the real deal? I mean they talked to the writers, to GST, to the special EFx dudes, there's gotta be someone who has been told most definiatly what the outcome is. If they have not been told anything, then there's no production happening, and thus KR 08 should be declared dead by the principals.

This isn't to say that if KR 08 is dead, that KR as a whole is dead, just this iteration.

I think the lot of us find it super frustrating to NOT know the real outcome, and have no idea what to think. It's making a bunch of people hold on to a thread of hope. It's almost like the fans of KR in general are being disrespected by the lack of communication regarding KR 08's status. At least shows like Kath & Kim, My Own Worst Enemy, Samantha Who, etc, they were outright cancelled officially. I can't think of any other show from the 2008-2009 season that has been treated like this, is there??? Chuck is back....any other show???

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Doesn't matter whether you agree or not here, because the fact still remains that the vast majority of the viewers didn't prefer KR08. If the franchise will be given a 1, 2, 3... 5th chance in the future it needs better writers, it needs better directors, it needs better setting, it needs a bigger budget! You can't walk around the set with only 5 cents in your pocket and convince yourself that everything is going to be alright, because it won't. We are all witnesses here on what happens to a show that's not being taken seriously.

Be open to suggestions! I watched Terminator: Salvation this weekend and let me tell you the graphics was AWESOME with a capital A! Lots of CGI but did I notice it all the time? No! The graphics was so fine the CGI didn't bother me one bit because it all appeared realistic...
Last edited by Knight-Armen on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:06 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:Can someone do some detective work and get a hold of the people in the know to CONFIRM what most people believe to be true? Can't we go to NBC and ask for Clarification to KR 08's plans/future? If they state that it's not on the fall schedule, or upcoming mid-season / after winter Olympics replacement schedule, then that caps it. Because they don't leave shows in limbo like that. You are either ON, and in production, or you are not. Can't Neps, Matthew, Sue, anyone get a hold of their contacts to find out the real deal? I mean they talked to the writers, to GST, to the special EFx dudes, there's gotta be someone who has been told most definiatly what the outcome is. If they have not been told anything, then there's no production happening, and thus KR 08 should be declared dead by the principals.

This isn't to say that if KR 08 is dead, that KR as a whole is dead, just this iteration.

I think the lot of us find it super frustrating to NOT know the real outcome, and have no idea what to think. It's making a bunch of people hold on to a thread of hope. It's almost like the fans of KR in general are being disrespected by the lack of communication regarding KR 08's status. At least shows like Kath & Kim, My Own Worst Enemy, Samantha Who, etc, they were outright cancelled officially. I can't think of any other show from the 2008-2009 season that has been treated like this, is there??? Chuck is back....any other show???

It could be because they know the fans would be outraged if they make it official so they intend do it quietly behind closed doors and without disclosing anything in an official capacity/

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:06 pm

knightwing101 wrote:With the massive fan base old and new, why hasn't it happened for KR08?
I think that it has, just that there has not been the outpouring of people like one you assume would come out. I think from our view, there are SO many fans out there, when in reality, there's not as many, or there's not as many that really think that this iteration deserves any more chances. Please note that Jericho had over 132,000 signatures, vs. our 19,000. That's about 15% of what Jericho was able to do. Chuck had multiple venues pushing for renewal, not just one front like we seemed to have.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:43 pm

Hello There Everyone, :D

Thanks for responding here and I will address this post:

"Hi there Michael, I never said the franchise was dead as in totally dead but in terms of any ongoing productions. And no conventions are not TV shows and thus not a production. Which is what I was referring too."

I am glad that we cleared that up but, as for the show I will give you that it is in a holding pattern right at the moment. As for the conventions I understand that they are not tv shows but, a platform to bring the show back if it is indeed cancelled. It is our way to let the powers to be know where we stand we the love of Knight Rider and to show them the error of there ways. It is also used to discuss the good and bad about the show and show up toys and products related to Knight Rider. No different then a Star Trek Convention.

"Could the show be saved? Could the cast be re-cast again? I hope it can happen as you say."

I am quite sure the show can be saved. The Cast? Other then the guy that played Billy, I am sure that they would all be back. I am not even sure if the Pilot show that the actor that played Billy even got picked up so, it is possible he could be back as well.

"But what we have to look at now is not promising at all. The show is now a comatose patient that no one knows if it's going to awake or byte the dust."

Knight Rider is not comatose but, I do agree that for the moment it does not look good. I am also in agreement that we all don't know for sure if Knight Rider is really and truely cancelled. Yes, there are tons of web sites including the ones I use that say Knight Rider is cancell but, This site and NBC themselves have yet to state the status of the show.

Look, I have no real knowledge of what the status of Knight Rider really is. I am basing my feelings and info on my instincts. I could be wrong here. I hope I am not. I am curious though as to why the people that run this site have not given us any updates as to the status of Knight Rider.

As for the cast and crew of Knight Rider we at this point in time have no idea as to what they are up to and even if they were let go t do other projects like tv shows and movies. Hopefully, in time we will find out. 8)

Thanks now and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kittconv:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Hello There Everyone, :D

Here is another post I must address:

"Doesn't matter whether you agree or not here, because the fact still remains that the vast majority of the viewers didn't prefer KR08. If the franchise will be given a 1, 2, 3... 5th chance in the future it needs better writers, it needs better directors, it needs better setting, it needs a bigger budget! You can't walk around the set with only 5 cents in your pocket and convince yourself that everything is going to be alright, because it won't. We are all witnesses here on what happens to a show that's not being taken seriously."

Alot of the above makes sense but, one thing not mentioned here is that Knight Rider was also pre-emepted alot. I keep mentioning that yet, that point gets ignored. I strongly believe that the pre-epemtions and lack of promotion by NBC helped doom Knight Rider if the show is indeed cancelled. Look, I watch alot of USA Network and I did not see much in the promotion of Knight Rider yet, I see them promote the heck out of their other shows including the new Tonight show. If Knight Rider had that kind of backing then we would not be here harping on this since March now would we? It is kind of hard for the viewers to prefer Knight Rider when the show is not on and when it is then, it is up against Lost and American Idol. You can have the Cosby show in its prime and it will still do only slightly better then Knight Rider. I am afraid that NBC wanted this off the air and that is why we are here.

Look another show of mine was cancelled dispite huge fan supposed back in either 2004 or 2005 and that was Star Trek: Enterprise. Dispite the huge fan support and donations to save the show UPN at the time was bent on axing the show and that was it. So, that is what I feel happened here. :good:

Michael P. Nepa :kitt: 8)
Knight Rider Lives!!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Super Flash wrote: I am afraid that NBC wanted this off the air and that is why we are here.

Look another show of mine was cancelled dispite huge fan supposed back in either 2004 or 2005 and that was Star Trek: Enterprise. Dispite the huge fan support and donations to save the show UPN at the time was bent on axing the show and that was it. So, that is what I feel happened here. :good:

Michael P. Nepa :kitt: 8)
If this is true and given the now gone UPN network example what hope do we even have? :(

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:50 pm

Hello There Everyone, : 8)

There is always hope. I am sure Knight Rider will be back either in the current or some other form. You see things can and will change. Let us use my last example in my last post. I stated that Star Trek: Enterprise was cancelled by then UPN network. You see since then, UPN became the CW and the rights to any Star Trek TV series is now with CBS now, while the movie rights lies with Paramont Studios. So, based on the current success with the lastest Star Trek movie gives us hope. So with CBS holding the TV rights to any future tv series and different programming chief then what was used at UPN the future looks bright. :D

The same can be true with Knight Rider. While NBC and Universal hold the rights to Knight Rider who is to say that in time that some one new will take over as programming chief and be a Knight Rider fan? Someone liked the show enough to give us the backdoor pilot in February 2008 and to give us a season. Of'course from September On that is when the current programming chief decided the current form of the show was not for the network. I can sense that we will someone new at NBC and Knight Rider will be back. You have to think positive here. :kitt:

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Super Flash wrote:Hello There Everyone, : 8)

There is always hope. I am sure Knight Rider will be back either in the current or some other form. You see things can and will change. Let us use my last example in my last post. I stated that Star Trek: Enterprise was cancelled by then UPN network. You see since then, UPN became the CW and the rights to any Star Trek TV series is now with CBS now, while the movie rights lies with Paramont Studios. So, based on the current success with the lastest Star Trek movie gives us hope. So with CBS holding the TV rights to any future tv series and different programming chief then what was used at UPN the future looks bright. :D

The same can be true with Knight Rider. While NBC and Universal hold the rights to Knight Rider who is to say that in time that some one new will take over as programming chief and be a Knight Rider fan? Someone liked the show enough to give us the backdoor pilot in February 2008 and to give us a season. Of'course from September On that is when the current programming chief decided the current form of the show was not for the network. I can sense that we will someone new at NBC and Knight Rider will be back. You have to think positive here. :kitt:

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kitt2:
Hi there Mike, I get where you are trying to go but Trek is a different beast than Rider. In Trek like in DC comics Superman you can even make an Elseworlds story like the current Trek movie, set it up hundreds of years in the future or during the Pre-Kirk era like Enterprise was. K.R does not have that kind of a latitude.So unless a new show comes up a decade or more after the current one then it might be somewhat acceptable for KR to once again take a new form although how do you top a car that can transform and has multiple weapon systems that make it Airwolf on the ground literally? And despite whatever misgivings some may have had about the former current show it at least had a footing from the original as we saw Michael Knight Sr in the Pilot and Jr mentioned his mother who was killed in the pilot in the show so it does have a continuation. Any new show that does not link both the TOS and the current former show would be worthless from the Getgo!