TV Without Pity: TV Re-Boots: 13 Shows We Want New Versions

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

EdwardKnoxII
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

TV Without Pity: TV Re-Boots: 13 Shows We Want New Versions

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:49 pm

On the site TV Without Pity it talks about shows that should be rebooted and, of course, it says alittle about the KR remake.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/sh ... ons_of.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The world is still in shock from the news that Buffy the Vampire Slayer may be re-booted as a film franchise without creator Joss Whedon, but meanwhile, other TV re-boots are being greeted with open arms. The updated V (above) has fans of the original all a-tizzy, the new Melrose Place is highly anticipated in the wake of 90210 2.0 and Will Ferrell's Land of the Lost looks on-track for a massive opening weekend. All of this has gotten us thinking about other TV series we'd like to see re-booted specifically as TV series. Some of them would require a lot of rethinking, others just need a new cast, but we'd watch all of these if they were to return… as long as they're better than last year's relaunch of Knight Rider. - Zach Oat and Mindy Monez
Airwolf
This awesome series about a test pilot stealing a supersonic attack helicopter from the CIA was good enough to knock competing chopper-drama Blue Thunder off the air, but a fourth-season re-casting and slashed budget sent the series into a downward spiral, and Airwolf itself was sold and crashed in a thunderstorm. Last year's relaunch of Knight Rider may not have filled anyone with a sense of childlike wonder, but remember how excited you were when you first heard about it? The trick is not to mess with the formula: Get the most Jan-Michael Vincentiest actor you can find (Jensen Ackles, maybe?), put him in a flight suit, give him a high-tech helicopter and a slightly less ridiculous name than "Stringfellow Hawke" and see if Ernest Borgnine is willing to sign on again. (He will be.)

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: TV Without Pity: TV Re-Boots: 13 Shows We Want New Versions

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:18 am

We will not see another KR show in our lifetimes, get used to to it...

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:04 am

Again, reasons being are due to GST and the morons at NBC who thought T and A was all it needed for KR to sell. Don't blame the fans, don't make the fans pay for some exec or directors' faults, BLAME the NETWORK for letting this great show get out of control and turning it into the crap that "non fans" are complaining about. It just makes me mad that NBC would rather listen to the wrong people than the fans themselves! How much more noise do we have to make to bring back Knight Rider? KR took on American Idol on ratings and not everyone can say that. I still can't believe that Chuck was re newed over Knight Rider.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Finger pointing is not going to do anything is over, period, the end Capish...

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:14 pm

PunkMaister wrote:Finger pointing is not going to do anything is over, period, the end Capish...
Yeah, so is the negativity and put down of the show by our own KR fans. That's even more sad, dont you think?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Tiger Warrior wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:Finger pointing is not going to do anything is over, period, the end Capish...
Yeah, so is the negativity and put down of the show by our own KR fans. That's even more sad, dont you think?

The reality is the show was canned, axed! Terminated! What else can be said? Is the objective reality that is very much over.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Hello There Everyone, :kitt:

I didn't get a chance to read this entire thread yet but, I am getting tired of all this blaiming Gary Scott Thomson. There are many reasons why this show is not on at the moment and using Digital Spy as a source for information is not good as I pointed out earlier. That site is not at all accurate for their info. I have other reliable sites more so then Digital Spy. I pointed in an earlier post as to why I do not like that site. As for Knight Rider is it not done and I refuse to believe so. As for Gary the show's short comings were not all his fault. I do agree that NBC dropped the ball here with the show and failed to promote the show properly and put it on a night that would help Knight Rider. You all forget as I pointed out in an earlier post that Knight Rider was pre-empted for several weeks in November to January and was not promoted as returning as much as it should. Right now on USA Network NBC is promoting the heck out for their new Tonight Show with Conan Obrian and yet where was that kind of backing for Knight Rider? As for the individual episodes some were good and others were weak I will grant you that. Could they have been better of'course. I can say the same about alot of shows in their first season. Take Star Trek: The Next Generation and Cheers those show had some good and bad episodes during their first season. As time went on did they get better? Yes!!!! Too bad for us we will have to wait to see if that happens here with Knight Rider. We can sit here and pick about all of the reasons as to what really hurt Knight Rider and I gave you my reason and I am moving on. Harping on this serves no purpose. 8)

Next, how come no one on the main site confirmed Knight Rider's "supposed cancellation"? I have yet to read an article on the main site that the show is done. Neps, Matthew, and so forth have yet to post anything on this and you all would rather believe some inaccurate web site then this one. I trust those people and when they do post something on this site about the show I will go with that. Not conjecture or anything else for that matter. I love the show too much to believe what is stated here. As far as I am concerned the show is alive and well until I see other wise. :)

Thanks and take care now,
Michael P. Nepa :good:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:13 am

I'm confused, Didn't NBC axed the show and thus was not renewed and therefore cancelled? Has not NBC already released their official line up without KR in it and thus the show is canned? :?

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:00 am

Super Flash wrote:Hello There Everyone, :kitt:

I love the show too much to believe what is stated here. As far as I am concerned the show is alive and well until I see other wise. :)

Ya but you cant have a brain dead patient and say he is alive too!!!. I totaly understand what you say about the Officail cancellation of the show. there is nothing as such untill now. but at the same time, there is nothing that says otherwise also!!!! how are supposed to understand this??? take into considration that GST and NBC didnt say a thing and the cast doesnt have a clue about whats going on :roll: Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:27 am

Knight007 wrote:

I love the show too much to believe what is stated here. As far as I am concerned the show is alive and well until I see other wise. :)

Ya but you cant have a brain dead patient and say he is alive too!!!. I totaly understand what you say about the Officail cancellation of the show. there is nothing as such untill now. but at the same time, there is nothing that says otherwise also!!!! how are supposed to understand this??? take into considration that GST and NBC didnt say a thing and the cast doesnt have a clue about whats going on :roll: Image :kitt:
Well in defense of Nepa a brain dead patient has no chance whatsoever, ever of recovery. You must mean a comatose patient instead. Who may or may not become awake as that would be the correct analogy...

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:39 am

PunkMaister wrote:
Knight007 wrote:

Well in defense of Nepa a brain dead patient has no chance whatsoever, ever of recovery. You must mean a comatose patient instead. Who may or may not become awake as that would be the correct analogy...
Come on man, give me a break :lol: I am not a doctor and i am not that good in medical termonology, but you got what I mean right? Image :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Knight007 wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:Come on man, give me a break :lol: I am not a doctor and i am not that good in medical termonology, but you got what I mean right? Image :kitt:
Well regardless I'm getting a bit of a different outlook now, and I have even started an NBC Spamming campaign with "Bring KR Back posts" in all their forums of all their shows up 'till NBC brings it back either back there or on the Scifi channel or 'till their servers crash whichever happens first...
Here is the link:
viewtopic.php?f=1049&t=14769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Give em HELL! :good:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:12 am

This is good :good: , I will go their now and start causing them headack Image :kitt: