Our own Episode 18

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Re: Our own Episode 18

Post by mustang_fan91 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:33 am

"So how exactly am I supposed to stop him," said Mike
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by BlueChaos » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:44 pm

"YOU're not supposed to stop him, Mike...", said Michael. "WE are".
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:36 pm

"I haven't seen you since my mother's funeral and then you only come to find me when you need me to save the world. There's always going to be some bad guy trying to destroy the world. Is that the only time we are going to get together to talk?" Mike complained to his father as he considered sitting down on a piece of dusty garden furniture.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Charles interjects... “Michael, (Mike) your father and KITT haven’t dealt with a threat this serious for quite some time.” Cutting in, KITT notes... “Since Devon died twelve years ago to be precise.” Charles continues... “You are your father’s son, in every respect. He was headstrong, fearless, and even reckless at times...” Michael smiles at Charles’ analysis of him... “But now he’s older, he’s wiser. For him, taking on Garthe alone would be tantamount to suicide, but being the man he is, he can’t sit on the sidelines either and let you face Garthe alone. This is why you both need to work together with the KITTs, because you’re that man making a difference now...”

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:18 pm

"And how do you expect KI3T and I to defeat KARR if he is inside some indestructible Big Rig, huh?"

And I LOVED it!

KNIGHTRIDER0001
Stranger

Post by KNIGHTRIDER0001 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:12 pm

"I'm not sure yet," Charles replied.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:26 pm

"Do you have a picture or a blueprint of the new Goliath? Maybe our KITT's can find a chink in KARR's armour." Micheal asked Charles with a real worry in his blue eyes.

And I LOVED it!

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:20 pm

“Perhaps I can be of assistance,” KITT (3000) replied. “I have accessed my logs of all surveillance systems within the continental United States prior to our arrival here. The man in question appeared to oversee the offloading of this vehicle at the Port of La Paz, in Baja California. He then crossed the border into Calexico, before moving beyond the range of satellite surveillance. Specifications indicate that this vehicle, in comparison to the one that Mr. Knight and the Knight 2000 faced, is of Australian origin. The model in question is a Kenworth K108, which was designed for road train haulage. It is larger and more powerful than the now defunct American counterpart that was utilised in your original engagements Mr. Knight.”

“Not bad for a brick,” KITT (2000) opined, bringing a smile to the faces of all three men.

“Gentlemen, may I suggest that the Knight 2000 and I begin extensive analysis of all surveillance material available to us?” KITT (3000) asked.

“Please do,” Charles replied, as he opened the garage revealing a dusty old GMC semi with a black and gold colour scheme, causing Michael to smile... “We’re home KITT,” Michael noted. “I just wish Bonnie were here to see this,” he added as Charles placed his hand on Michael’s shoulder, and gave him a comforting smile.

Matt

~Visual References for the Base Model of the New Goliath~

Image Image Image

Dr. Graiman
Rookie

Post by Dr. Graiman » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:53 pm

Meanwhile somewhere in east africa. The colors red, black and green stream over the head of Tebogo Kuna. His attendance at the funeral was a matter of etiquette. The relationship to his father had been unharmonious for years.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Upon conclusion of the proceedings, an aide approached Tebogo Kuna, and whispered a message to him. Laughing hearty in similar manner to that of his late father, he noted that it was “excellent” news, and that the C-130 must be prepared for immediate launch.

Matt

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:40 pm

The dust covered Semi stood silent but proud inside of the gigantic garage. It's tires had long gone flat and it's and it's batteries were long dead from not being disconnected from it's last use.

When Mike, Micheal, and Charles tried to get the flip gate down, it needed the help of a handcrank to lower to the floor.

KI2T instinctively rolled inside with his high beams illuminated and would gave cried at the sight of the dust covered computer consoles of his bygone age.

And I LOVED it!

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:32 pm

“What do you think Charles?” Michael asks, as he reminisces about the last time he stood in the cavernous trailer with his family...

In Michael’s mind, we see Devon and Bonnie sat in the old red lounge chairs... “Devon, he’s dead. He plunged off a cliff thirteen years ago...” The image changes and Goliath bears down on KITT whilst explosions surround the battered Trans Am. “I’ve suffered critical damage to my drivetrain Michael.” The image changes again, and a missile hits one of the vents on KITT’s nose, causing the turbojet engine under the hood to explode, almost killing Michael in the process. In the distance, we see the semi...

Michael snaps back to reality as Charles answers Michael’s question... “We’ll need to replace the computer equipment, and a few mechanical parts in the generator, but knowing Devon’s standards, we'll be ready to go in no time.”

“Let’s get started than,” Michael replies as he looks to Mike... “You don’t have to take this mission. Hell, if I was in your place, I’d probably be as pissed as you are about me just showing up again because I need help. Truth is...”

“I’m in...” Mike interjects. “We can do the whole father son arguing and bonding thing once we’ve stopped this Goliath. Now, where do we get the new equipment?”

“I know just the place,” Michael replies. “Your KITT or mine?” Michael says with a smile.

“Let’s take yours, it’s not every day you see something that should be in the Smithsonian,” Mike notes with a chuckle.

“Very droll,” KITT notes over Michael’s commlink, prompting Michael to smile as he places a hand on his son’s shoulder, and moves around to the driver’s door of the Trans Am.

Having climbed into the classic interior, Mike marvels at the aged design... “They don’t make em like this anymore".

“Yours not light up like a Christmas tree?” Michael asks.

“Kinda, but this is something else,” Mike notes.

“There may be hope for you after all,” KITT notes as Michael turns the ignition with a smile, reaches over the passenger seat headrest, selects reverse on the automatic gearbox, and nails the LED lit accelerator.

Matt

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:34 am

KITT was getting sick of the two boys being boys. So he decided to interject himself into the conversation.
"Are you going to tell me where we are going or do I have to take over and make the decision myself?"

Micheal gave KITT a flabberghasted look and then joked, "You wouldn't dare!"

Mike looked on with a slight smirk of appreciation of his Dad's situation. He had been in that very spot sooo many times and he loved watching someone else squirm.

"Try me." KITT joked.

"Okay...Uncle...I cry Uncle...We are going to an old friend's place. Do you remember Randy Merritt?" Micheal smiled to KITT's Voice Modulator.

And I LOVED it!

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:48 am

“Randy Merritt? Are you talking about THE Randy Merritt, billionaire owner and CEO of Merritt Technologies?” Mike asks.

Turning to his son, Michael confirms Mike’s suspicion with a nod... “I met Randy when he was a kid. He had a nasty run-in with Adrienne Margeaux, who was working with Garthe the last time we saw her.”

“So, he owes you one?” Mike concludes.

“I guess you could say that, but I’m not one to call in favours. He’ll help because it’s the right thing to do,” Michael replies.

“I sure wish I had your faith in people,” Mike concedes.

“Lose your way again?” Michael inquires.

“I’m not sure I ever truly found it,” Mike admits.

“You will son, you will,” Michael notes, as he brings the Trans Am to a halt in the parking lot outside of the large corporate complex.

The two men climb out of the car, but Michael hangs back... “Keep your scanners peeled buddy. I’ll call ya round the back when we’re done.”

“I’ll be ready Michael,” KITT replies... “But make sure you keep an eye on young Michael!”

Having being caught off guard by the comment, Michael raises an eyebrow as he looks towards KITT's voice modulator. “I can’t put my tire on it, but there’s something about him that doesn’t feel right,” KITT warns, prompting Michael to put on his sunglasses, and consider the intuition of his old friend, as he pats him on the driver’s side t-top, and heads towards the entrance after Mike.

Matt

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:13 am

"Micheal, my satallite link indicates that you are at Merritt Technologies." KI3T announced clearly into Mike's earwig. "Why would you be at a corporate building for truck parts and computer equipment?"

And I LOVED it!

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:49 am

“KITT, I thought the mansion was under a blackout?” Mike asked quizzically.

“It is. I am approaching from the south east. Dr. Graiman sent me to assist you,” KITT replied.

Michael walks out of the loading bay along with a grown up Randy Merritt... “I owe you one,” Michael states.

“No you don’t,” Randy replies with a smile.

Mike approaches... “The doc’s sent KITT to help out.”

“Erm, KITT’s right there,” Randy questions with a point of his finger.

“His KITT,” Michael notes with a smirk.

Randy laughs... “There’s two of them now?”

“Like father...” Michael begins...

“Like son,” Mike concludes.

“God help whoever you’re going after... and god speed old friend,” Randy says as he hugs Michael.

Via the commlink... “Michael, there is a black pickup truck approaching at high speed. I suggest we leave immediately.”

“KITT,” Mike asks.

“Yes,” comes the reply from both his earwig and Michael’s commlink.

“Sorry, not you KITT,” Mike apologises.

“Which KITT,” came the dual response.

“Oh brother,” Mike’s replies... “My KITT, are you in your off-road configuration?”

“Yes Michael,” KITT (3000) replied as the pickup truck pulled into the parking lot.

“Stand down pal,” Michael ordered, as he turned to Randy one last time... “Take care of yourself kiddo.”

“Always,” Randy replied as he shook Michael’s hand, and headed inside.

The Knight 3000’s Ford F150 configuration pulled up in front of the Trans Am, and Michael and Mike approached the vehicular siblings.

“I’ll take KITT, and use this mode to get the parts we need for the semi,” Mike informed Michael.

“Be careful Mike. You get made buying those parts, and we could be knee deep by sunset,” Michael says with an air of caution.

“No worries pop,” Mike replies with a grin belying a sense of bravado that Michael recognised all too well.

With the pickup truck fading into the distance, Michael climbs into KITT, and looks down at his voice modulator. “KITT, I want you to dig up everything you can about Michael Traceur. I don’t want a stone left unturned. After that, I want you to look for everything relating to his Michael Knight alias. If there IS something for us to worry about, it’ll be in there.”

“You do realise that my hardware is unlikely to be able to penetrate the level of encryption being employed by the government’s current level of technology. You might be better asking Dr. Graiman once he has the new equipment online,” KITT notes.

“No KITT, this stays between us,” Michael orders.

“Very well Michael,” KITT concedes, as the elder Knight turns the ignition, and pulls away from the Merritt complex.

Matt

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:26 am

"KITT, I hate break it to you but we have to find a way to get 18 Semi Truck tires to the mansion. You know what that means, right?" Mike asked with a devious smile.

"No Micheal, what does that mean?" KI3T asked truly confused by the whole experience of the day.

"We must rent a trailer." Mike chuckled.

"No, you will not hook me up to a Rent-A-Trailer, would you?" KITT practically begged 'no'.

"How else do you propose to move 18 Semi truck tires to a secret location?" Mike asked with a huge smile.

And I LOVED it!

Mad Max Smart
Volunteer

Post by Mad Max Smart » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:33 am

Cut to suburban Dallas:
A wide angle shot of a Blonde woman getting out of her car in the drive.
She closes the doors to her car and carries a bag of shopping to the front door.
The camera closes in on the woman who is now revealed to be April Curtis former mechanic of Knight Industries.
She opens the door and walks through closing it behind her.
BOOM
The house explodes in a fireball.
Car alarms are heard and as the smoke clears a car slowly pulls away from the street opposite.

Dr. Graiman
Rookie

Post by Dr. Graiman » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:01 pm

The phone rang. Kyle Stewart, director of the National Clandestine Service and former leader of the late 90s FLAG experiment 'Team Knight Rider' left the receiver in his office.
"Director Stewart."
"It's really hard to maintain contact when people move around so much. People just drift apart! But you're lucky to be back in touch with your buddy again."
"Hi Michael.That's nice!How are you?"
"Kyle, don't you think you should take a vacation? Even one or two days would be fine."
"Are you serious? There's no way. There's too much work.You may heard of east africa in the news."
"Yeah, and William Key sharing bitter stories of the old days of FLAG in the reissue of 'Wilton's (K)night-life'". Michael stopped for a moment. "I need a vacation. Serious." He began to sputter. "It's about April."

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Kyle: Yeah, Micheal, I got the news. I'm calling the team in, we'll look into it. I also heard about the plans Garthe
has for KARR's AI. Michael: How's Jenny, I heard she got cut from the FBI? Kyle: Yeah, some beaurocrat crap. She's
glad to be back, I'm glad to have her back. Kyle gets another call. Duke: Hey Kyle, Trek and I just landed in Vegas.
We got a truck load of intel on Tebogo Kuna, you gotta hear it and see it. Trek: Yeah, Kyle. You know how the apple
doesn't fall far from the tree, weellll, Tebogo didn't just fall from the revolutionary wierdo tree, he started his own
tree. The guy is major looney tunes, and I am not talking Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. Kyle interjects: I gotchya,
Trek. I've read his bio. By the way, we've got major reinforcements. You'll find out when you get back.

Mad Max Smart
Volunteer

Post by Mad Max Smart » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:14 am

Start the Title Credits
(Drum beat, heavy guitar moment, pictures of Ki3t, pictures of Justin, Deanna, Paul, Smith, Guest Starring David, Bruce, William & Val. Heavy Guitar. Fade.) :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:51 pm

It seemed like only a second. The darkness. The cold. Deactivated. Again. No, wait. Reactivated. Or am I? Where AM I? No systems were detected. None. How could that be? Major malfunction. Had to be. It's not like the last time. This time, it's different. Something is different. Something is wrong.

The ragged box sat on the workbench with it's re-wired power conduit hooked up to a 12V power supply and transformer with buffer. Other connections were to a computer with monitor and keyboard. Nobody was in the warehouse at the time when the box started to show signs of life. First one or two LEDs came on dimly, then glowed more brightly. Then more, and finally, all were twinkling, as if startled, no... panicked.

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Post by Luke_windstyle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:09 pm

Flash back to the FLAG mansion.

michael: I can't believe she's gone. Not April.
KI2T: michael there is nothing we could have done.
michael: We should have gone after Garthe we could have stopped him
KI2T: We had no idea where he was or if he was even still alive.

flash to mike and ki3t
KI3T: Mike if you put that thing anywhere near me i swear I will leave you here
Mike: KI3T remeber what I said about putting suger in your gas tank?
KI3T: You wouldn't
Mike: Now KI3T are you going to let me put this trailer on you or not? It isn't like it will throw out any of your calibrations when you are in 4X4 mode. Now can you please add a tow bar?

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:48 pm

"I just can't believe that April is dead. She had a husband and twins." Micheal spoke softly into his comlink as he leaned back in Devon's old leather office chair, his cowboy boot clad feet crossed and propped on the old wooden desk. "We have to find this Tebogo guy and quick, Buddy."

"That also makes Bonnie a target you know. Does anyone know where she is?" KI2T asked with an inflection of worry.

And I LOVED it!

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Post by Luke_windstyle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:02 pm

I believe I do (says a voice from behind Michael).
Michael turns around and finds him self face to face with his son.
Mike: I would have thought you could trust your own son.
Michael: What? I don't know what you mean.
Mike: I had KI3T scan the systems of your KITT and it seems that you are trying to find information about me. KITT also noticed that your KITT didn't trust me.
Michael: Mike i'm sor...
Mike: I was selected to be the original driver of KARR. When the project went horribly wrong they took my memories.
(Charles enters the room)
Charles: KI3T was designed to be a more compliant AI. The Department of defence and NSA wanted to use KI3T's ai to relaunch the KARR program but I was the only thing stopping them. When I faked my death there was nothing that could be done to stop them from taking KI3T's ai Sarah, Mike, Billy and Zoe were helpless to stop them.
Mike: Me and KI3T managed to stop KARR in groom lake but he wasn't completly destroyed as I learnt earlier.
Charles: Garthe Knight plans to use KARR's ai to rebuild Goliath.
Michael: I know about Garthe and KARR's ai. Mike I am sorry that I doubted you. KI2T thought that there was something strange about you. But now I know. Thank you for telling me.
Charles: Michael we are going to need all the help we can get.
Mike: Charles I just thought. If you faked your death, what happened to Gus and to the C-130.
Charles: That, I am afraid will remain a secret until they are needed.
KI3T: There appears to be something large and fast approaching the front gate of the complex. I suggest that you all get into either me or the other KITT to ensure your safety.
Michael: It can't be him. There is no way he could have got an AI working so quickly.
KI3T: The vehical seems to have stopped but there is someone approaching the room you are in.
Mike: KITT who is it?
KI3T: The person in question appears to be...
(Bonnie enters the room)
Bonnie: I hear you have been missing me Michael.
Michael: Bonnie how did...