I think this could be another method of saving Knight Rider

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

bige
Rookie

I think this could be another method of saving Knight Rider

Post by bige » Tue May 26, 2009 8:57 pm

I think NBC needs to hold a conference with all of us Knight Riders fans, so they can listen to us better, like take a trip to the NBC Studios, because I have feeling if we keep sending in letters they will probally do nothing about it.
If they gather the whole Knight Rider fan base together we can tell them in their face for how stupid it was to cancel the new Knight Rider series after 1 season. and the show just kept getting better with each episode.

I know this method would probally be a little bit expensive

:kitt: :karr:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: I think this could be another method of saving Knight Rider

Post by GT500KR » Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 pm

nice idea, but i dont want to be a downer, probably wont happen
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

rwmu
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by rwmu » Wed May 27, 2009 12:57 am

You need to do something extrodinary to get NBCs notice unfortunately much as we love our show we are not high profile for simple campaigning to work. Two possibilities come to mind:

1) Everybody gets in their replicas and drives round and round NBCs HQ (Of course the police might not like this one)

2) Everybody send toy cars painted up to look like either of the KITTs with hand written letters round the boxes asking NBC change their mind. (Hand written letters are better than e-mails or mass printed ones as they show a personal touch.)
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:03 am

rwmu wrote:You need to do something extrodinary to get NBCs notice unfortunately much as we love our show we are not high profile for simple campaigning to work. Two possibilities come to mind:

1) Everybody gets in their replicas and drives round and round NBCs HQ (Of course the police might not like this one)

2) Everybody send toy cars painted up to look like either of the KITTs with hand written letters round the boxes asking NBC change their mind. (Hand written letters are better than e-mails or mass printed ones as they show a personal touch.)
Good Ideas man :good: I specially like the First one. That would be something. After the drive around NBC HQ, it would be nice if they create KR using their cars :wink: but even if this happens, you think NBC really cares??? remember, they sent bothe KI3T to the KR festival and then cancelled the show!!! Image :kitt:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed May 27, 2009 1:58 pm

the replica thing could work.. not only do we need NBC's attention, but media attention.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Post by Luke_windstyle » Wed May 27, 2009 2:10 pm

It will work even better if some people have KI3T replicas. Imagine the bosses at NBC in their offices at NBC HQ then they hear this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er5EIHu8KQM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so they look out of their windows and there is a line of KI3T replicas

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed May 27, 2009 9:08 pm

I agree with what a lot of you have said. Media attention.
We would have way more activity on our twitter page if a news station mentioned it. Maybe we need to send the Kitkats to NBC news anchors. Or dedicate radio songs to savekitt. Not really sure what, but it needs to be something fun and unusual that the media will pick up on.
We thought about similar ideas before, but the tough thing is that we are spread all over the world. Otherwise, I'd love to picket in front of NBC.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Wed May 27, 2009 9:21 pm

Sue wrote:We thought about similar ideas before, but the tough thing is that we are spread all over the world. Otherwise, I'd love to picket in front of NBC.
Yes, that's a huge problem for a movement like that. How many replica owners must live near NYC willing to be a part of this?
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Thu May 28, 2009 1:00 am

I can see why option 1 could be a problem distances etc,

Therefore go for option 2, they don't have to be exact KITT duplicates, but I'm sure Matchbox/Corgi (or whatever the US equivalent is) make toy cars similar enough that with a little black paint and even less red or yellow paint for the scanner could make KITT/KARR approximations. A flood of packages into NBC offices would probably make the newspapers, radio or even possibly.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu May 28, 2009 1:03 am

i had a nice conversation with my news director about our campaign, though he kinda sides with NBC cause of the money and economy issues.

if something newsworthy were to happen, say, a picket, or replicas converging on NBC, i could maybe ask him about it then..
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;