Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ianruk
Rookie

Re: Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Post by ianruk » Tue May 19, 2009 2:29 pm

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a15645 ... t-nbc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here is nbc's full line up

knight rider has been axed :-(

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:29 pm

FIGGGGAROOOOO!!!! FIGGGAARROOOO!!!

Fat Lady has left the building, and taken KI3T's keys with her.

Super Flash:

PANIC!!!! :shock:

To the rest;

ratings were the key, always were, always will be. If the ratings would have been there, then we would have gotten a 2nd season. Justin, Deanna, Smith, and Paul will be fine. And Val will be NM Gov... :roll:

GST...where to begin. The point is moot, so all I have to say is that his credibility is down the drain. Go shoot your Las Vegas ending...

Dave Andron, wish you well, and I hope that there's some secret meeting between you and Glen somewhere down the line to try and do this again someday, the right way, from the get go.

I'll be around later for any crap you'd like to sling at me.

oh yeah, Backup Plans REALLY do suck!

Shredder565
Recruit

Post by Shredder565 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 pm

http://television.aol.com/insidetv/2009 ... he-bubble/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sigh...

Just depressing. Gary Scott Thompson...How can oyu and your fellow NBC execs ruin something as simple as Knight Rider?

What are the chances we can get another series down the line done right? A Total 100% Reboot..?

Then again, NBC and General Electric can't even get their late night in order, screwing it up for everyone else by giving Jay Leno a 10PM show. You'd think they had learned from the first time they messed up with Dave and Jay.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Tue May 19, 2009 3:24 pm

It's going to be a very long time before I ever watch NBC again.

InsanePirateDragon
Volunteer

Post by InsanePirateDragon » Tue May 19, 2009 3:25 pm

You know usually the networks make an announcement of their official schedule just yet which is kind of odd in my expierence. I usually follow and its been my job to my college newspaper.

The only news articles I've found recently were the primetime pickups on the 4th and the Chuck renew. But nothing like what ABC and CBS have;
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=55680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=55653" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So where's NBCs at. Sure they got that lineup gif with whats at what time but usually an announcement goes along with it.

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Tue May 19, 2009 3:31 pm

I really can't believe all the "I told you so!"'s. It's getting pretty old pretty fast. Can't you guys make a separate thread for this stuff?

dkuk2000
Volunteer

Post by dkuk2000 » Tue May 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Cancelled after one season :(
However at least we got that season, It was great while it lasted and will not be forgotten.
Every week my daughter and i would sit and watch it together, we enjoyed it and to make things better the wife has now started to watch my Dvd's of it which means i get to watch it all over again :D :D :D .
A second season would of been great though.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue May 19, 2009 3:41 pm

yeah, i'd watch it and my parents would DVR it and then we'd all sit and watch it on the weekends when i would come to their house. it was such a good family show.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

InsanePirateDragon
Volunteer

Post by InsanePirateDragon » Tue May 19, 2009 4:01 pm

InsanePirateDragon wrote:You know usually the networks make an announcement of their official schedule just yet which is kind of odd in my expierence. I usually follow and its been my job to my college newspaper.

The only news articles I've found recently were the primetime pickups on the 4th and the Chuck renew. But nothing like what ABC and CBS have;
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=55680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=55653" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So where's NBCs at. Sure they got that lineup gif with whats at what time but usually an announcement goes along with it.
Nevermind. I just found the official announcement just put up.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=55692" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue May 19, 2009 4:57 pm

KR08 developer Dave Andron has signed on as a supervising producer/writer on FOX's "Past Life", to air on Tuesdays this winter following American Idol. Too bad they couldn't have a stronger lead in...

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Tue May 19, 2009 5:32 pm

Thanks for killing Knight Rider, Gary Scott Thompson!!!

I will never watch a another GST show or movie and will never watch a new show by NBC, who just plain ignores the fans!!!
One man did make a difference.

MSWhisler
Stranger

Post by MSWhisler » Tue May 19, 2009 6:19 pm

Wow,

Lasted only one season, I'm pretty much dumbfounded, but in the same hand, not surprised. I throughly enjoyed the show (I should say both the Classic KR and KR08) and all the new things that KITT could do. I could not wait for the 2 hour premiere to air this year (and hoped for a series). I was like a kid in a candy store. So this is to all the people that downplayed the show and pretty much killed it, here are a few things I like to get off my chest.

1) KITT could transform into other vehicles... SO WHAT???? You people called it "far fetched." SO WHAT???? Maybe it was. But, you know what, let's come to the back to the 21st century. The world of technology (i.e. CGI) is a lot better now than back in the 80s. I'm not going any further, I think that you know where this one is going to go.

2) KITT was a mustang... SO WHAT???? Please, post a reply on what other PROPER MUSCLE CAR was out there to depict KITT!!!!!!!!!! KITT was a VERY sharp looking vehicle, the show did "him" up right.

3) The show depicted on "High Scale / Global (terrorism) Events" and didn't always focus on the little people until the end of the season. SO WHAT??? and by the way, GUESS WHAT???? Again, this isn't the 1980s. TIMES HAVE CHANGED!!!!!!! TIME TO CATCH UP!!!!!

In conclusion, there is alot more that I would like to say (get off my chest), but I don't want to make this anymore lengthy than what it already is. I want to thank all for once again who didn't watch the show (keeping the ratings low) for knocking off one of the few shows I looked forward to watching (whether it was by DVR or "live."). I am a loyal fan, will always be a loyal fan and WILL be buying the DVD collection in July!!!!! For all the fans of the classic that didn't watch and critizied the show for what ever reason... SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!

NBC and GST, kiss my a**!!!!!!

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Tue May 19, 2009 8:20 pm

Well I'm pissed. I can't believe with all of the campaigning to keep the show on the air it's being canceled like that! If I weren't addicted to Heroes and Southland I'd give NBC the finger. What the hell .F**** YOU NBC!!! I didn't have the enjoyment of watching Knight Rider on TV as a kid in the 80's I thought now I can say I saw the revamp. Pity it only lasted one season!
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Tue May 19, 2009 11:05 pm

You mean Viper Rider.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:23 pm

i guess all the websites like tv guide that said that knight rider was cancelled were true after all. i guess the fat lady sung!
in glen larson we trust.

CrimsonK9
Recruit

Post by CrimsonK9 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:00 am

It really was fun while it lasted. So long KI3T, we hardly knew ya!

Now that the NBC side of this is done, is there really ANY chance this could get shipped to SCI-Fi or something like that or is it really truly dead? My hopes are dashed, but hey this is science fiction - people come back from the dead all the time, right?
-
I'm pretty sure they used to - you know - make waffles!
Ooo, Dr.G., pass the syrup!

I speak nine languages AND I have a card that gets me discounts at participating Red Lobster restaurants!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed May 20, 2009 1:21 am

Sad day indeed...

Altho Im sure all us KI3T replicas will definatly try to make it live on in our hearts by building em,am I right KI3T guys...I know Im not alone here? :wink:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

CrimsonK9
Recruit

Post by CrimsonK9 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:34 am

For all the good it will do (see also "Urinating Into a Headwind") I had to send somebody at NBC a piece of my mind. They'll no doubt get so many thousands of "You suck, NBC. I will never wath your network again!" emails about this show or Medium or Life over the next few days, no one will probably ever see it. But if I post it here, maybe I'll feel better. :cry:

It went like this....

"Not that any of what I'm about to say makes ANY difference to ANYONE there, but I had to come forward and say directly how disappointed I am in what NBC has done with regards to Knight Rider. The shameful treatment this network has given to one of its most recognizable and iconic franchises is an absolute disgrace. I can understand business decisions as well as the next guy. But to dismiss this show without even having the decency to address it directly or even acknowledge the MILLIONS of fans who hung on every morsel of news they could scrounge for the last few months is disrespectful and insulting. This show isn't "Life" or "Kath & Kim" or some other here-today-and-gone-tomorrow flashes in the pan. This is literally a franchise known and appreciated by millions of people across two or three generations all over the world.

And, again, not that ANY of this means anything to NBC, but you have certainly alienated at least one family in your target demographic. I can honestly and without rancor tell you that NOTHING on this fall schedule holds even the slightest bit of interest for me. It looks like more of the same recycled, poorly thought out, lowest common denominator tripe that has led to this networks steady slide into oblivion over the last decade. From the network that practically invented "Must See TV" , it just doesn't seem possible that this is what you have been reduced to. And given NBC's track record of stomping on new shows before they can truly find their footing, I cannot conceive of a situation where I would ever allow myself to care about anything you roll out in the future.

Chuck was renewed, and I congratulate the fans of that show on a job well done. But to see one of the network's most beloved franchises tossed on the heap like yesterday's garbage is very very sad.

Sincerely and Sadly,"

:(
-
I'm pretty sure they used to - you know - make waffles!
Ooo, Dr.G., pass the syrup!

I speak nine languages AND I have a card that gets me discounts at participating Red Lobster restaurants!

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed May 20, 2009 4:05 am

CrimsonK9 wrote: And, again, not that ANY of this means anything to NBC, but you have certainly alienated at least one family in your target demographic. I can honestly and without rancor tell you that NOTHING on this fall schedule holds even the slightest bit of interest for me. It looks like more of the same recycled, poorly thought out, lowest common denominator tripe that has led to this networks steady slide into oblivion over the last decade. From the network that practically invented "Must See TV" , it just doesn't seem possible that this is what you have been reduced to. And given NBC's track record of stomping on new shows before they can truly find their footing, I cannot conceive of a situation where I would ever allow myself to care about anything you roll out in the future.
Nicely written, exactly what I thought. :good:

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 am

Garthe Knight wrote:
CrimsonK9 wrote: And, again, not that ANY of this means anything to NBC, but you have certainly alienated at least one family in your target demographic. I can honestly and without rancor tell you that NOTHING on this fall schedule holds even the slightest bit of interest for me. It looks like more of the same recycled, poorly thought out, lowest common denominator tripe that has led to this networks steady slide into oblivion over the last decade. From the network that practically invented "Must See TV" , it just doesn't seem possible that this is what you have been reduced to. And given NBC's track record of stomping on new shows before they can truly find their footing, I cannot conceive of a situation where I would ever allow myself to care about anything you roll out in the future.
Nicely written, exactly what I thought. :good:
More accurately "Must pee on TV".

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Wed May 20, 2009 8:55 am

thats it!!! I am done watching NBC ever again!!! I cannot even think straight right now. I can say whatever new shows replace night rider that these new shows will not make it either. How can they do this to us! Thanks Gary tompson for ruining a show that has ment so much to millions 25 years ago. It was the exsessive T&A that did it.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Wed May 20, 2009 2:22 pm

I'm completely disgusted at Bromstead and Silverman. NBC is destined to come in last next year, and I now happily can say I will NOT be one of the poor saps watching that crappy network any longer. They've lost me forever.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

calhoun24
Recruit

Post by calhoun24 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:29 pm

CrimsonK9 wrote:For all the good it will do (see also "Urinating Into a Headwind") I had to send somebody at NBC a piece of my mind. They'll no doubt get so many thousands of "You suck, NBC. I will never wath your network again!" emails about this show or Medium or Life over the next few days, no one will probably ever see it. But if I post it here, maybe I'll feel better. :cry:

It went like this....

"Not that any of what I'm about to say makes ANY difference to ANYONE there, but I had to come forward and say directly how disappointed I am in what NBC has done with regards to Knight Rider. The shameful treatment this network has given to one of its most recognizable and iconic franchises is an absolute disgrace. I can understand business decisions as well as the next guy. But to dismiss this show without even having the decency to address it directly or even acknowledge the MILLIONS of fans who hung on every morsel of news they could scrounge for the last few months is disrespectful and insulting. This show isn't "Life" or "Kath & Kim" or some other here-today-and-gone-tomorrow flashes in the pan. This is literally a franchise known and appreciated by millions of people across two or three generations all over the world.

And, again, not that ANY of this means anything to NBC, but you have certainly alienated at least one family in your target demographic. I can honestly and without rancor tell you that NOTHING on this fall schedule holds even the slightest bit of interest for me. It looks like more of the same recycled, poorly thought out, lowest common denominator tripe that has led to this networks steady slide into oblivion over the last decade. From the network that practically invented "Must See TV" , it just doesn't seem possible that this is what you have been reduced to. And given NBC's track record of stomping on new shows before they can truly find their footing, I cannot conceive of a situation where I would ever allow myself to care about anything you roll out in the future.

Chuck was renewed, and I congratulate the fans of that show on a job well done. But to see one of the network's most beloved franchises tossed on the heap like yesterday's garbage is very very sad.

Sincerely and Sadly,"

:(
Well done. It's sad that they are not giving this show a fair second chance. They never seem to respect it, and give even less advertising dollars to promote it when it deserves better.

There are four shows I watch regularly on NBC - Knight Rider, Chuck, Deal or No Deal, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. That said,

1) As I stated before, I feel like Knight Rider never had a fair shake, especially from NBC. There's plenty of blame to go around, but NBC is the primary culprit, not even considering moving the show elsewhere. They look at the show as a niche program, pat it on the head for doing what it did, and have now dismissed it in short order, without giving it a second thought or exploring alternatives.
2) I don't think Jay Leno's move to 10 PM will work in a long run situation, since it'll shadow Conan, who should get a fair shake to do The Tonight Show free and clear.
3) Deal or No Deal also looks like they've been disrespected by NBC, not being put on the fall or mid-season schedule. Had it not been for them, NBC would not even be on most people's radar. Even though the franchise continues in syndication, I'll miss the primetime edition.
4) To the fans of Chuck, congrats on getting renewed. Wish we could join you, but carry on the fight in the name of good programming, to which NBC has little of nowadays.

And it seems like NBC is so desperate they're trying to do anything just to make sure they buoy themselves between football season and the Olympics. To them, it's clear programming is now just filler, and I feel like the suits just don't listen anymore. I can't even guarantee I can watch Chuck, noting what's happened. I am that dismayed that NBC has done this, and am clearly of the current midset not to follow. They have lost viewers with this move, and it's a shame.
"One man can make a difference." - Wilton Knight
Long live Wilton's dream and F.L.A.G.!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed May 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi eveyone,

I am just as sad and upset about our loss yesterday.
We have lost something that I truly enjoyed.

I enjoyed the Transformations.
I Loved looking forward to a tv show every week. I hadn't had that happiness since The Pretender.

I didn't mind the Terrorist-of-the-week format.
I didn't mind the T&A.

As per blame...do I blame NBC
Do I blame GST?
Do I blame Ford?
or is there anyone to really blame?

To confront the NBC issue:
What was their purpose in showing KR?
They seemed to enjoy pre-empting it with Obama, long periods of other programming, and then a show they ultimately canceled within 2 weeks.
To my estimation, they actually enjoyed having a show in their line up that they didn't worry about not showing every single week.
One question I would LOVE to ask them...Why O Why did you not advertise?
Do I blame them for my loss? No.
Yes, they have the ultimate control over what they air but their's is a decision that involved many levels of consideration. I only know maybe 10% of what makes them want to keep or cancel a show.

To confront the GST issue:
GST is what I would call The Monkey in the Middle.
He has the power to direct/produce my KR, yes. But everything he did was strictly scrutinized by NBC and Ford(My last issue).
Every time he had produced an episode of KR, he had to help it pass through both of these hurdles. Not an easy task most likely.
Do I blame him for my loss? No.
Did he give me a version of KR that wasn't strictly true to form? Yes, at first, but boy golly did I love the changes made to the last few episodes.

Now to confront my last issue: Ford
Without the generous donations made by Ford, would I have gotten KR?
Most likely not.
They provided both the cash and the car to make my KR possible right?
Did they get what their money paid for?
Did they get their advertisement through a tv show?
I would say yes.
Do I blame Ford for my loss? No
Of course they turned the transformations of KITT into a personal tour of their showroom floor and had some say on exactly what and how their product line would be shown, but did it really matter in the grand scheme of things if I was looking at a Ford Flex instead of a GT500KR? No, not really. It was still KITT.

Now to confront the other:
The Other has to be the economy.
In order to show KR, you need funding.
In order to have funding you need a show.
It is an unending loop that has only one end.
How do I get the funds and is the product good enough to barrow money?

All three of my issues above this one have this very problem to solve and it leads to one thing. Money.

NBC is feeling the pinch as advertisers continue to pull their commercials due to loss of revenue.
GST is feeling the pinch as NBC continues to pull the funds to provide the level of KR we want.
Ford is feeling the pinch as we stop buying cars in a failing market.

So who do I blame for my loss of KR? The economy. Plain and simple.

Do I miss my KR? Yes
Do I want it back? Yes...very very very badly
Do I go around pointing fingers at the people who gave me at least one season of my favorite tv show? No

I want these people to consider bringing it back and if I go around slapping them around for my loss, are they going to consider bringing it back? Most likely not...It's the whole idea...You get better results with honey instead of vinegar.

If any of the KR are reading this...
Thank You for one exciting and wild ride!
I loved it!
You were awesome and I hope we meet again in the future!

MFK
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed May 20, 2009 3:20 pm

you guys can still help, you know.. write letters.. follow @savekitt on twitter.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;