Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Samborghini
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Post by Samborghini » Sun May 17, 2009 7:37 am

In the UK it was watched by millions hopefully, this would prompt NBC to continue a 2nd season also I head GST was committed to 2 years with Knight Rider
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sun May 17, 2009 11:26 am

Hello There Everyone, :D

I see that I have another post to comment on: 8)

A.) "I particularly like the article on "themustangnews". I enjoyed the new Knight Rider, and I wouldn't say it as explicit as the author does. And some things were not that bad, like the actors or Kilmer as KITT. I kinda liked them. But the bottom line is right."

I did not like the article here written by Sam Haymart of Them Mustang News and posted here by Garthe Knight. Here is the article by Sam Haymart and I do apologize here but he is not right at all. I too enjoyed the show and felt it was far better then what is stated here. Now for Sam's comments:

B.)"Did anyone even notice that the weekly thriller featuring a Shelby GT-500KR that can morph into an F-150, Fusion or an aquarium was missing from the nightly schedule? NBC has indeed killed the show after only 17 heart stopping episodes, in the middle of the production season."

That is his opinion and the reality. The show has not officially been cancelled and the reduced amount of episodes means nothing. Sam here is really coming off as a real smart-ass to me with his comments.

C.)"Yes, we will have to do without one more brain cell-depleting display of bad acting, vacant writing and B-Grade computer generated graphics. It is sad really that this show was so awfully bad. And make no mistake, it was baaaaad! Even Sponge Bob has more intelligence, intellectual stimulation and creativity and that show is made to appeal to the youngest of viewers. And I don’t have to worry as much about Sponge Bob teaching my kids to be brainless self-absorbed sluts."

Funny I can say that about alot of the stuff on tv right at the moment. I can see that Sam does not like the show which is fine but, I do not share his feelings here. I really believe that Knight Rider is far better then his lame and thoughtless comments. How does he know the show is cancelled when the rest of us don't and NBC has not said a bloody thing about the show? Alot of the tv shows on now are as bad as Sam is stating about Knight Rider and no, Sponge Bob is not better nor, have more intelligence. The special effects are fine and enjoyable and the only one here that is brianless and self absorbed is the wiriter of this pathetic article Sam him self.

D.)"The show’s only positive contribution was the great car. It looked good, sounded good and made the show borderline acceptable to leave on while you were sitting by on your laptop scrutinizing your E-Trade account. There were just enough exhaust notes dubbed in and just enough driving sequences to keep the channel from being turned to CSPAN or re-runs of Frasier."

I do agree that the show had a great car but, I thought that the show had more going for it then what is stated here. The show was more then borderline acceptable I can see that Sam's intellignence with this article is borderline acceptable. C-Span or Fraiser?? What is he talking about? The show was that good that I didn't want to change the channel for some lame show as Fraiser. C-SPAN bores me. The driving sequences were awesome and the show great. his guy Sam Haymart is obviously clueless here with these comments.

I will have more to say in a moment... :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sun May 17, 2009 11:52 am

Here is the continuation of my thoughts on this article: 8)

E.)"The show’s cancellation means that we wont likely be seeing Michael Tracuer driving a new 2010 Shelby GT-500 this summer. That was something I was looking forward to. Ok, not really. But I will say that this show was an opportunity lost."

What cancellation??? I can see the sarchasim here with this article and I do agree that the opportunity that was lost was NBC not pushing the show as hard as they could and moving the show away from American Idol. I do miss looking forward to the new episodes every week and seeing the new Kitt perform but, as I have said all along that I do not feel nor believe that the show is gone. The question that I have is how come all these obscure web sites have the knowledge that Knight Rider is cancelled and NBC and the rest of us do not?

F.)"Imagine what could have been if this show was constructed around a more mature audience, a more realistic set of plot lines, and a writing staff that was older than 13. Imagine if it had been a show like 24 which grabs you by the aorta and keeps you planted for an hour each week."

Gee, I do not realize that Knight Rider was immature? I am now more convinced then ever that Sam Haymart has not watched the series long enought to know what in the heck he is talking about. The show was built around a mature audience and the sets and show certainly looked realistic to me. I was hooked in for all the episodes so, I am not sure what Sam is talking about. I thought the writing staff could have done better but, was far older then 13.

I will conclude my thoughts here in a moment... :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sun May 17, 2009 11:54 am

Back with my take on things: 8)

G.)"Take the style and gravity of Jack Bauer, add in some relevant and believable plot lines and this could have been a winner. The car itself could have even lost some of its goofy features, fakery and downright lame morphs. Val Kilmer and his Nancy-Boy voice could have been left in the dust bin of washed up actors. Imagine sort of a modern day Rockford Files with a killer car, some awesome driving, and a modern set of bad guys (but without the orange contact lenses)."

I thought Knight Rider was fine especially the last four episodes were we got back to the original show. Adding elements of 24 and Jack Bauer would not make any sense at all. The plot lines were relevent and believable and the show is a winner in my eyes. Take alot of what Kitt can do away and you might as well being watching a lame police show. The show and kitt are nothing without the features which by the way are not goofy and the morphs are not fakery and lame but, I can see that Sam Haymart is with this pointless article. I liked Val Kilmar as his role as the voice of KITT. This article is what should have been left in the dust bin of washed up and lame news reporters. As far as I am concerned this is a modern day Rockford Files with a killer car and awesome driving. I do believe that we do have modern day bad guys. I do not see what contact lenses have to do with anything.

H.)"Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda. NBC surely already has another hour of crap to replace it in the can and ready to go."

Gee real funny. This is certainly a fool and narrow minded when it comes to good tv and Knight Rider. I disagree with Sam's comments here. He is wrong and doesn't have a clue as to what he is even talking about. I can see that the Mustang News.com has a crappy newsman to replace in the can and be ready to go. I am not sure that makes any sense but, I am not pleased with Sam's comments here.

I.)"KR is about lost opportunities. It had so much potential and because they blew it, we won't see KR in a loooong time now. That makes me sad
Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit.

I do appreciate Garthe Knight's comments here but, I do agree with the blew it coment above. I don't agree with the remart about it being along time before we see Knight Rider again. It will be back sooner then we think. That makes me happy. I am sorry that he feels differently which is fine and his right. I am not tryng to ruffling any feathers here. I am just offering a different point of view. :kitt:

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa
Last edited by Super Flash on Sun May 17, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Sun May 17, 2009 11:57 am

Wow. Super Flash, calm down, or you'll be getting a heart attack. :wink: (no offense)
No need to personally attack the author, you clearly took the article the wrong way. This is no Knight Rider bashing article. It's a lillte bit exaggerated and it has some sarcasm in it, but generally the author watched Knight Rider and kinda liked it. Otherwise he wouldn't have written the article.

And he just points out what many of us think. Be realistic, if KR had been so great, we wouldn't have to worry it could be cancelled.

The conecpt of the new show was wrong, and there are many ways it could have been better.
This does not mean there is noone who liked it, but it was definitely a disappointment for me. Still I watched and I want it to go on, I want it to improve. The last four episodes were a step into the right direction. But looking back it was not the show I hoped for after watching the pilot movie.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sun May 17, 2009 12:15 pm

I am fine. :good:

"Wow. Super Flash, calm down, or you'll be getting a heart attack. (no offense)
No need to personally attack the author, you clearly took the article the wrong way. This is no Knight Rider bashing article. It's a lillte bit exaggerated and it has some sarcasm in it, but generally the author watched Knight Rider and kinda liked it. Otherwise he wouldn't have written the article."

I am fine and I meant no offense to anyone here with my comments but, just trying to offer a different view point. I am not convinced that Sam did watch the show based on his comments. It is his job to report things whether or not he liked them. I do agree with the other points above and I did not take the article the wrong way. 8)

"And he just points out what many of us think. Be realistic, if KR had been so great, we wouldn't have to worry it could be cancelled."

Knight Rider is fine and would have done better if it didn't have to go up against Lost and American Idol and Sam was not pointing anything to me except for the fact that he hated the show. I thought Knight Rider was better then his comments. We would not be worring about the possible cancellation if Knight Rider was hyped better and on a different night :mrgreen:

"The conecpt of the new show was wrong, and there are many ways it could have been better."

You are fine to believe that. I thought the concept was fine. I do believe that the show could have been improved as with any new show. :)

"This does not mean there is no one who liked it, but it was definitely a disappointment for me. Still I watched and I want it to go on, I want it to improve. The last four episodes were a step into the right direction. But looking back it was not the show I hoped for after watching the pilot movie.
Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit." :kitt:

I can respect what you say here and see that we differ on comments and feelings here. It was not a dissapointment to me and I do agree that the final four to five episodes great and a good way to get back to the original. Looking back for me the show was fine and not a disappointment. I will admit that it kind of got off track from the pilot movie but, over all it was a good show I too want to see the show back and succeed. :kittside:

I am sorry here that I don't agree with you all here but, I just wanted to offer my thought to the topic. I am fine and not upset. :kitt2:

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kittconv:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun May 17, 2009 2:18 pm

Garthe Knight wrote:Wow. Super Flash, calm down, or you'll be getting a heart attack. :wink: (no offense)
No need to personally attack the author, you clearly took the article the wrong way. This is no Knight Rider bashing article. It's a lillte bit exaggerated and it has some sarcasm in it, but generally the author watched Knight Rider and kinda liked it. Otherwise he wouldn't have written the article.

And he just points out what many of us think. Be realistic, if KR had been so great, we wouldn't have to worry it could be cancelled.

The conecpt of the new show was wrong, and there are many ways it could have been better.
This does not mean there is noone who liked it, but it was definitely a disappointment for me. Still I watched and I want it to go on, I want it to improve. The last four episodes were a step into the right direction. But looking back it was not the show I hoped for after watching the pilot movie.

I Didn't like this version at all, the only stuff was good are the two episodes, otherwise, I'm sticking to the original.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun May 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Super Flash:

CALM DOWN!!!

Let's be patient a day or so, and then we can either all be happy, or sad. It will be a cut and dry moment, one way or another.

Notice that I'm not going into a tirade about my feelings on this matter. I'm going to wait until the show is picked up or dropped. Then I'll say my peace. I suggest you do the same.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Mon May 18, 2009 12:48 am

NBC just renewed Chuck. So there may be hope for KR.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/05/nbc-renews-chuck.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Mon May 18, 2009 6:20 am

i know this is about Knight Rider, but THANK GOD!!!!!!!
i'm so darn happy we'll get new episodes of Chuck!!! it is such a great show.

now if only NBC renewed Knight Rider as well... though Knight Rider isn't even close to Chuck in quality it has huge potential. GST or propably better another producer would just have to recollect the values that made the original show great in the 80's!

i still hope for KI3T, Mike Knight, Sarah Graiman as the mechanic and Michael Knight in the leader (devon) role. leave the SCC and go back to the Knight Mansion, add in a mobile HQ (Semi) and some decent stories!

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Mon May 18, 2009 8:33 am

I'm REALLY hoping the show gets renewed tomorrow. Despite it's flaws, it was 1 of only 2 prime time shows that I looked forward to watching every week(the other was Chuck). I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon May 18, 2009 11:25 am

I hope it gets renewed as well also it gets a decent time slot,I didnt have a problem with the time it was on but it was going against American Idol of all things :(
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Mon May 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Just found out that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is officially cancelled now.

Good news about Chuck, but I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of our KR...

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Mon May 18, 2009 1:17 pm

trissybabes wrote:Just found out that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is officially cancelled now.

Good news about Chuck, but I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of our KR...
I loved your avatar. It express exactly what we are thinking! :D
This is the last day!
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon May 18, 2009 1:35 pm

trissybabes wrote:Just found out that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is officially cancelled now.

No way...what a weird finale tho if thats the case :o

Com on KR season2
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon May 18, 2009 1:51 pm

Just found out that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is officially cancelled now.
REALLY? That's great news and good riddance! They finally put an end to that Arnold Schwarzenegger-wannabe-production!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Mon May 18, 2009 2:49 pm

I just saw that ABC's "Samantha Who?" was also canceled and it was expected to return for a new season.

Come on KR!!
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Mon May 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Starlog claims, Knight Rider is cancelled.

http://www.starlog.com/home/daily-news/ ... ones--more" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All in all, the science fiction universe is doing better than we dared hope—just three casualities for certain so far (PUSHING DAISIES, KNIGHT RIDER, TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES), numerous renewals (FRINGE, DOLLHOUSE, CHUCK, SMALLVILLE, SUPERNATURAL, etc.) and a bunch of new series.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Mon May 18, 2009 4:19 pm

And I like to add: I don't believe anything until it's official.
Other shows (I forgot which one and can't find the link anymore) have been renewed because of the good DVR ratings, so Knight Rider still has a chance. It was always among the top 10 DVR shows.

kittknightmode
Stranger

Post by kittknightmode » Mon May 18, 2009 4:41 pm

This has probably been noted ad nauseum here, but did anyone notice that Knight Rider is missing from the NBC.com shows list and from the Prime time list on my.nbc.com? I know that's not definite information or anything, but Scrubs is still there and that's an ABC show now...

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon May 18, 2009 6:31 pm

we have a thread for that.. we saw it long ago.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

trymy67
Stranger

Boycott NBC

Post by trymy67 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:11 pm

i have been on this site a while just decided to sign up, thought we should all stop watching nbc until they bring back knight rider just an idea

Pct1theory
Rookie

Re: Boycott NBC

Post by Pct1theory » Mon May 18, 2009 10:54 pm

trymy67 wrote:i have been on this site a while just decided to sign up, thought we should all stop watching nbc until they bring back knight rider just an idea
I already don't watch NBC. I only watched it before for Knight Rider.

NBC would be very stupid if don't give the show a second season. They can't start something, built it up, then go never-mind we don't want it. NBC is just miss- managed bull. They need to get it together. :evil:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue May 19, 2009 1:06 am

The word should be out on the 18th of this month!!!! and nothing tell now!!!!
today is the 19th, what is going on???? any Idea from the supervisors Neps or Mathew??? I really cant wait any more. Yesterday I had a dream that I was watching a new episod of KR and then my son wake me up :twisted: !!! I got angry. Hope NBC will not take any time longer than this Image :kitt:

knightendo77
Operative

Re: Boycott NBC

Post by knightendo77 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:36 am

Pct1theory wrote:
trymy67 wrote:i have been on this site a while just decided to sign up, thought we should all stop watching nbc until they bring back knight rider just an idea
I already don't watch NBC. I only watched it before for Knight Rider.

NBC would be very stupid if don't give the show a second season. They can't start something, built it up, then go never-mind we don't want it. NBC is just miss- managed bull. They need to get it together. :evil:
They've got some interesting programmes coming up, better to boycott anything by GST - movies, series, DVDs etc. After all, it was NBC which wanted the programme back to what it was meant to be and GST didn't want the reboot which happened for the last five. It's his fault we ended up with something which was NOT Knight Rider at the beginning and which made people turn off.

And Knight007, it was the 19th, today, which they gave as their date.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil