GT500 front bumper installed!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Vette
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: GT500 front bumper installed!

Post by Vette » Wed May 06, 2009 12:29 am

i think the scanner how you have positioned in behind the grille is a hella of lot better than KR 2008 car.

quite unique and looks cool...

KNIGHTCRUE
Volunteer

Post by KNIGHTCRUE » Wed May 06, 2009 5:03 am

the front bumper is cool but the scanner that you have its got to go

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:43 am

KNIGHTCRUE wrote:the front bumper is cool but the scanner that you have its got to go
Once I get the hood, I'll be making my own scanner. It'll be worth the wait! 8)
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITTvsKARR1995
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR1995 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Looks very good!
I like it 8)
Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world, the world..... of the Knight Rider

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Fri May 08, 2009 12:29 am

tamatt27 wrote:Tiger, yes the GT500 front bumper will work with the stock hood. The Shelby hood WON'T work with a stock GT or Roush front bumper though. Since my car is a Roush, that's the bumper in the first pic titled 'before'.
Hey Tamatt:

I just bought my hood and depending on what I hear tomorow morning on the front Bumper conversion kit (to ensure the brackets and mounts will fit my V6 Mustang) it's looking like my Shadow KARR is that much closer to completion. What Kind of scanner are you going to purchase for your Conversion? You mentioned at an earlier post, you had plans on swtiching the scanner you have at the moment for a different one. The ICE LED lights woudl work, but it's a bit difficult to see whent the scanner lights are on or off, as the controller they sell, doesn' tell you what color it is set on and if it is at the "on" Setting or "sleep" mode. Any and all information is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your reply on the earlier post.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:05 am

Tiger Warrior wrote:
tamatt27 wrote:Tiger, yes the GT500 front bumper will work with the stock hood. The Shelby hood WON'T work with a stock GT or Roush front bumper though. Since my car is a Roush, that's the bumper in the first pic titled 'before'.
Hey Tamatt:

I just bought my hood and depending on what I hear tomorow morning on the front Bumper conversion kit (to ensure the brackets and mounts will fit my V6 Mustang) it's looking like my Shadow KARR is that much closer to completion. What Kind of scanner are you going to purchase for your Conversion? You mentioned at an earlier post, you had plans on swtiching the scanner you have at the moment for a different one. The ICE LED lights woudl work, but it's a bit difficult to see whent the scanner lights are on or off, as the controller they sell, doesn' tell you what color it is set on and if it is at the "on" Setting or "sleep" mode. Any and all information is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your reply on the earlier post.
Cool! Did you go with the Trufiber Venom hood? I'll be making my own scanner to custom mount into the hood, since the ICELED tubes aren't the correct length. They would produce a similar effect, however not good enough for me. I'm still kicking around the idea of how many and what kind of LED's I'll be using, though. I think the original used something like 300 individual LED's.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Fri May 08, 2009 11:32 am

I got the hood from a salvage place on Ebay for half the price of purchasing a new one and the best part is that it comes already painted! The Shelby SVT hoods come from Shelby Gt's convereted to KR's and in order for the sellers to make profit from their 49 coverted KR's, they are selling the hoods on Ebay (sure beats $800 for a brand new one that comes unpainted). I also found out today that the Shelby front bumper kit will fit my V6 mustang for the conversion. I am almost tempted to buy the scanner from Lectric enterprises, but it just would not look right for what I am going for. Yes, the ICE LED scanner lights are not the perfect length, that's why I was thinking of getting 2 of them to fit the full length of the grille (40 inches total) and get the desired effect. Personally, I don't need the 1,999,999 colors listed on these scanners, but it's the only brand I've seen so far that is lifetime guaranteed and will survive the elements thus far. I asked Auto Indulgence and was told their stuff is not guaranteed and are not meant for wet weather. More to follow on this action...

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Tiger Warrior wrote:I got the hood from a salvage place on Ebay for half the price of purchasing a new one and the best part is that it comes already painted! The Shelby SVT hoods come from Shelby Gt's convereted to KR's and in order for the sellers to make profit from their 49 coverted KR's, they are selling the hoods on Ebay (sure beats $800 for a brand new one that comes unpainted). I also found out today that the Shelby front bumper kit will fit my V6 mustang for the conversion. I am almost tempted to buy the scanner from Lectric enterprises, but it just would not look right for what I am going for. Yes, the ICE LED scanner lights are not the perfect length, that's why I was thinking of getting 2 of them to fit the full length of the grille (40 inches total) and get the desired effect. Personally, I don't need the 1,999,999 colors listed on these scanners, but it's the only brand I've seen so far that is lifetime guaranteed and will survive the elements thus far. I asked Auto Indulgence and was told their stuff is not guaranteed and are not meant for wet weather. More to follow on this action...
So you're not getting a KR-style hood? Even though ICELED states that theirs is waterproof, I got condensation in mine after the first wash and it takes almost a month to dry out! The company is located in England, so if I sent it back, on my dime, it would be atleast a month and a half before I would get it back.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Tiger Warrior wrote:I got the hood from a salvage place on Ebay for half the price of purchasing a new one and the best part is that it comes already painted! The Shelby SVT hoods come from Shelby Gt's convereted to KR's and in order for the sellers to make profit from their 49 coverted KR's, they are selling the hoods on Ebay (sure beats $800 for a brand new one that comes unpainted). I also found out today that the Shelby front bumper kit will fit my V6 mustang for the conversion. I am almost tempted to buy the scanner from Lectric enterprises, but it just would not look right for what I am going for. Yes, the ICE LED scanner lights are not the perfect length, that's why I was thinking of getting 2 of them to fit the full length of the grille (40 inches total) and get the desired effect. Personally, I don't need the 1,999,999 colors listed on these scanners, but it's the only brand I've seen so far that is lifetime guaranteed and will survive the elements thus far. I asked Auto Indulgence and was told their stuff is not guaranteed and are not meant for wet weather. More to follow on this action...
So you're not getting a KR-style hood? Even though ICELED states that theirs is waterproof, I got condensation in mine after the first wash and it takes almost a month to dry out! The company is located in England, so if I sent it back, on my dime, it would be atleast a month and a half before I would get it back.

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Sat May 09, 2009 9:29 pm

Hey Tamatt:

If that is the case, then your tech guy (or yourself, if you are working on the car personally) would have to add an ahesive/ waterproof seal on the ends where the plugs are to reduce the condensation on the lights. I decided to go without the KR hood, simply because a) 99.3% of the state of Virginia doesn't want business of any kind, b) .7% of the people that DO want to do business, you are running the chance that in many cases don't know exactly what they are doing and need to use you (the customer) as an experiment. The one place that I found that will do any kind of custom electronic work, have never tackled a Knight Rider comcept car period, but are willing to try and make it happen. The inside of my car was more than what I could've ever imagined, so on that note, they did an awesome job! The ICE LED scanner part (as I had mentioned in other postings) as I requested it to be customized to fit a two sided hood scoop that I bought for the car and my tech guy messed it up (the thing won't even turn on!) So.....in order to avoid this issue from ever happening again, I chosed to have the scanners mounted behind the grill.

p.s.= Did I mentioned that he now owes me a new scanner?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun May 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Tiger Warrior wrote:Hey Tamatt:

If that is the case, then your tech guy (or yourself, if you are working on the car personally) would have to add an ahesive/ waterproof seal on the ends where the plugs are to reduce the condensation on the lights. I decided to go without the KR hood, simply because a) 99.3% of the state of Virginia doesn't want business of any kind, b) .7% of the people that DO want to do business, you are running the chance that in many cases don't know exactly what they are doing and need to use you (the customer) as an experiment. The one place that I found that will do any kind of custom electronic work, have never tackled a Knight Rider comcept car period, but are willing to try and make it happen. The inside of my car was more than what I could've ever imagined, so on that note, they did an awesome job! The ICE LED scanner part (as I had mentioned in other postings) as I requested it to be customized to fit a two sided hood scoop that I bought for the car and my tech guy messed it up (the thing won't even turn on!) So.....in order to avoid this issue from ever happening again, I chosed to have the scanners mounted behind the grill.

p.s.= Did I mentioned that he now owes me a new scanner?
Sorry to hear about that Tiger. The point I was making with my condensation story is that it was stated that it's 100% waterproof by the manufacturer. I know how to fix it, but the point is I shouldn't have to myself. Oh well, it's a good, temporary solution. Post some pics man! What all did you have done to the interior?

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Sun May 10, 2009 9:45 pm

Hey Tamatt:

I got one better for you. How about I show you on video what I did to the interior?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t44RK8b-YPY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All the features are listed on the video as well. I got some pics too, but I will need to put them on Photobucket. More to follow...

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon May 11, 2009 1:11 pm

Nice Tiger Warrior

Hey Tamatt Im curious about the spoiler for your car?was it just a simple take off the old one bolt on the new one?

Thanks.
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Slade wrote:Nice Tiger Warrior

Hey Tamatt Im curious about the spoiler for your car?was it just a simple take off the old one bolt on the new one?

Thanks.
It bolts in the same locations as my Roush spoiler and as a stock GT spoiler. There are 4 holes on each rear quarter panel, though, from the side pieces from my Roush spoiler! :evil:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue May 12, 2009 11:30 am

So its basically just a simple bolt on job?

So that means you have to get those holes sealed...yes?
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Slade wrote:So its basically just a simple bolt on job?

So that means you have to get those holes sealed...yes?
Yes.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Fri May 15, 2009 1:13 am

Look good :good:

ttsracingworld
Recruit

Post by ttsracingworld » Sun May 17, 2009 10:32 am

Here is a picture of my Mustang that I'm working on now.Image

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun May 17, 2009 11:03 am

Looks good man. What are the first plans?

ttsracingworld
Recruit

Post by ttsracingworld » Sun May 17, 2009 11:32 am

Well, I have to pickup the headlights and get the bumper over to the paint shop and that will go on. I have some rims and tires on Ebay now to help pay for the hood. I'm still trying to find out about the under the dash pad lights (what kind they are). I sent a few emails to one of the people on here but no reply. Have you done anything else to the car?

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Fri May 22, 2009 9:59 pm

My shelby Front bumper kit came in today and my ICE LED lights are also in. Looks like in two weeks, you might all see the new Shadow KARR in display soon. More to follow....HOLLA!

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Sat May 23, 2009 2:45 am

nice I waiting for my 2008 stang GT and I have a question , is it easy to remove the stock gt letter on the fender ? are they simply stick on the fender without drilled holes?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat May 23, 2009 8:49 am

Pierre wrote:nice I waiting for my 2008 stang GT and I have a question , is it easy to remove the stock gt letter on the fender ? are they simply stick on the fender without drilled holes?
The GT lettering on the front fenders are held in with sticky adhesive, however there is a hole drilled in the center. I tried to remove mine a few months ago, but put them back on once I saw the holes.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Sat May 23, 2009 9:26 am

thanks but if I put the snake emblem instead won't it convert the hole?

ttsracingworld
Recruit

Post by ttsracingworld » Sun May 24, 2009 1:46 am

Fishing line works great. I used it on mine.Also I used a heat gun to heat up the stickey tape and work the fishing line down the back like a saw. The Snakes have two pins on the back to line them up on the fenders. They use the same holes as the GT letters. Take a look at my pictures above and you can see my Snakes.