Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun May 10, 2009 3:39 pm

If NBC isn't going to continue with KR, then at least they should give it a chance by selling the rights to another party who's willing to continue things... There's possibilities enough out there!
I agree! The producers stay happy and the viewers stay happy, everybody wins!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Sun May 10, 2009 6:05 pm

Armandox wrote:If NBC isn't going to continue with KR, then at least they should give it a chance by selling the rights to another party who's willing to continue things... There's possibilities enough out there!
That's kind of where my hopes lie, and if even that doesn't happen, perhaps something could develop on the bigscreen. I mean, if we get another season on NBC, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but if they were sure they could make profit on KR08 (and that's the issue, I think, ultimately) they would have gone with 22-23 episodes and announced it for another season already. Don't take me as a KR08 hater for saying any of that, because I loved ALL the episodes AND the two hour pilot and check this forum again and again and again for some good news about a second season but things don't look great.

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Mon May 11, 2009 8:21 am

Well KR fans, it seems that we are at war with the fans of Chuck! I've looked at all the comments on NBC and it shows a lot of Chuck fans really want another season...We should do the same >:P, :twisted: however I guess we will never really know the final outcome until May 19th. Personally I think KR will be renewed for only a few episodes but after season 2 it might be the end. Let us hope! :mrgreen:
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Mon May 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Samborghini wrote:Well KR fans, it seems that we are at war with the fans of Chuck! I've looked at all the comments on NBC and it shows a lot of Chuck fans really want another season...We should do the same >:P, :twisted: however I guess we will never really know the final outcome until May 19th. Personally I think KR will be renewed for only a few episodes but after season 2 it might be the end. Let us hope! :mrgreen:
Why war? I think we need to cooperate, Chuck fans could help to save Knight Rider and Knight Rider fans could help Chuck fans to save Chuck.

Marije
Stranger

Post by Marije » Mon May 11, 2009 3:16 pm

I don't know how it works in the US, but here in Holland if a tvshow has been canceld after one season, it will be announced, of somehow get to the shownews..

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Mon May 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Radicalas wrote:
Samborghini wrote:Well KR fans, it seems that we are at war with the fans of Chuck! I've looked at all the comments on NBC and it shows a lot of Chuck fans really want another season...We should do the same >:P, :twisted: however I guess we will never really know the final outcome until May 19th. Personally I think KR will be renewed for only a few episodes but after season 2 it might be the end. Let us hope! :mrgreen:
Why war? I think we need to cooperate, Chuck fans could help to save Knight Rider and Knight Rider fans could help Chuck fans to save Chuck.
I was thinking the same thing. NBC cut five hours of television to put on Jay Leno. We all should be cooporating with fans of these other shows to keep some of these shows on the air instead of Jay Leno or any other reality or talk shows. It should be win-win for all the fans, not us versus them.

:good:

InsanePirateDragon
Volunteer

Post by InsanePirateDragon » Mon May 11, 2009 4:29 pm

2knight wrote:
Radicalas wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. NBC cut five hours of television to put on Jay Leno. We all should be cooporating with fans of these other shows to keep some of these shows on the air instead of Jay Leno or any other reality or talk shows. It should be win-win for all the fans, not us versus them.

:good:
Now thats not that bad of idea really, from what I'm picking up on the boards over at NBC, no ones really feeling Primetime Leno. And with it being during the day, he wouldn't be able to do some of the comedy that he does in the day.

knighthazzard
Recruit

Post by knighthazzard » Mon May 11, 2009 7:07 pm

As we are all still anxiously awaiting the fate of Knight Rider; we have all no doubt noted that the 'rumour mill' of cancellation has been pretty much constant as it has been for months except for hearing any official news from NBC themselves. This to me indicates that a final decision has yet to be made by the Producers ( I may be wrong here)

Lets look at the facts as highlighted through the Knight Rider forum: -

a) The show has been sold to International Broadcasting Studios. NBC realise that the Knight Rider brand is a popular and strong one on an International Level and may be using this measure to gauge target audience response to the new show format before making a final decision

This theoretically could be used as a means of strategy before making the final decision on whether or not to provide a Season 2 in next falls line up or possible syndication later on

b) The production studios were closed some months ago and the production KITTS (placed in storage)- this is not an unusual process. This could signal cancellation or then again could be a cost saving measure on storage and rental costs in this difficult financial climate

c) Also taking into consideration that the New Model Mustang is due any time now it would not be unusual for some of the existing cars to be sold at auction (Has anyone heard of this happening yet? Pilot vehicles aside?). (Lets remain in hope that Ford still have an active interest in Knight Rider- afterall without their support and input; Knight Rider 2008 may not have ever happened)

d) I remember hearing the first news of Knight Riders reincarnation on local radio in October 2007 and the DJ sold the news of the news of the remake as to be (you guessed it; inspired by "the recent success of the Transformers movie" whereby KITT would be pitched against EVIL cars). Well; the new Transformers film is only around the corner and whilst I loathe making comparisons of the two the connection is obvious to us all- ( I personally feel that both shows should be respected in their own right) However, in this instance for some reason parallels have been drawn between both shows. With this in mind "Transformers could well be our saving grace for a season 2 of Knight Rider"

I remain in hope that we will get to see a Season 2 in the 2009-2010 lineup even though we are yet to hear of an 'official announcement'. It is great to see the loyal Knight Rider 08 uniting and showing support for the Knight Rider cause. Keep up the good work all :D

Renegade94
Recruit

Post by Renegade94 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:16 pm

This may or may not mean much, but I am sure that some of you may have already seen that NBC has taken Knight Rider off of their list of shows on their web site, but yet the Knight Rider page itself is still up. I really don't know what to think anymore, but I just wish they would stop beating around the bush and just come out and tell us if it is in fact cancelled! I was really hoping for a 2nd Season, but right now I must say that it is not looking all that promising...
"KITT keep your eyes peeled" Michael
"Michael I do not have eyes" KITT
"Figure of speech KITT" Michael
From Knight In Shining Armor

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Tue May 12, 2009 6:40 am

It may not be in the list of shows, but it is still in the list of videos (both buttons are side by side).

I think you are looking at it a little too closely.

TheSlythe
Volunteer

Post by TheSlythe » Tue May 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Guys. First time Post, Long time reader of Knightrider online.

Just want to say that Knightrider premiers on SciFi UK tonight. Hopefully, NBC are waiting to see ratings for the Pilot episode worldwide before making a decision.
Its a shame that it is only being shown on SciFi channel, and not a prime channel such as BBC or ITV

Fingers crossed for next week

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue May 12, 2009 2:34 pm

Although I was too depressed to read pages 2-4 of this thread, I'm hoping someone already posted this. This link to an LA times article suggest that it was Ben Silverman at NBC who said that KR is "gone forever." I've sent the reporter an e-mail to see whether Silverman himself named Knight Rider and the rest, or whether that is from other sources. I think it matters a great deal who actually she got that info from.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... 235.story
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue May 12, 2009 2:44 pm

i saw that, and he wasn't quoted for it.. just for Life. then they added the 'also gone are'. so who knows if he actually said it, or if it was just speculation like everyone else is doing.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Tue May 12, 2009 3:34 pm

I hate to be the person to suggest this, and I hope I'm wrong, but maybe the only reason NBC hasn't announced cancellation for KR08 is so they aren't presenting an officially cancelled series overseas, giving them a few episodes to form their own opinion of it before the official announcement in North America.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue May 12, 2009 5:35 pm

You think it would make sense that this is EXACTLY what NBC is doing...to test the European market, to see if this will take off before any announcement is made. But then again, we are talking about NBC. There's really no sense to it at all.

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Tue May 12, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm not suggesting they're testing the European market before making a decision. I'm suggesting the decision is already made - they're just keeping it under wraps so it won't spoil ratings overseas.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Tue May 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Hello There Everyone, :D

This will be my final post since I am tired of repeating myself here and reading the same stuff over and over again since March 2009. I am not going to comment on what this web site has said or the like. While, I am not happy that an earlier post here where I tried to change the topice was moved, it is something I learned to live with. As for Knight Rider I am very tired of all this "supposed cancellation" talk and spectulation. Why can't we wait until next week to find out the real story on the show and not the speculation on the cancellation predictions from Entertainment Weekly or some misquote from a high executive from NBC to The L.A. Times. If Knight Rider is cancellated then we all know why. Repeating and rehashing it over and over again doesn't help. As for the show airing oversea's I hope that it helps out. I hope NBC does use the ratings there to save the show. I hope Ford does too. I also, hope that the Transformer movie gives it and edge as well. I don't know what else to say. There is a reason that NBC has not confirmed a thing about Knight Rider yet but, I highly doubt that it is gone forever. If the show is back then, I will be happy to join the discussion on what the second season could be about. I am not sure about you all but, I am not going to waste my time searching the web for obscure websites for false news about the show. I will wait until next Monday 05-18-2009 or Tuesday 05-19-2009 for what I hope to be good news. :good:

Now chill and take care, :P
Michael P. Nepa :kitt2:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Tue May 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Michael,

This thread was created to specifically discuss the news surrounding the future of the new series. You would know this if you had read the first post. Therefore, I find your whinging about the proper moderation of this thread to be rather irritating. Image

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

mplaymate
Stranger

Post by mplaymate » Tue May 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Did everyone forget NBC also owns the Sci-Fi Channel so if it doesn't make it back to NBC i would atleast like to see it on Sci-Fi. Sci-Fi did save Stargate and it's spin-off Stargate Atlantis both shows are now finished, but Atlantis would have had only one season if Sci-Fi didn't step in and get it 3 additional seasons. So if NBC cut's it hope that Sci-Fi picks it up!!!! Just wanted to add my 2 cents!!!!

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Wed May 13, 2009 8:27 pm

According to TVGuide.com.....

Knight Rider will not be returning for another spin in the fall, sources tell TVGuide.com. The reboot of 1980s series drew just 5.76 million viewers with its Wednesday-night finale, a 21 percent drop-off from its September premiere. And this despite some retooling along the way.

An NBC rep had no comment on KITT's rumored garaging.

May 19th can't come soon enough.
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu May 14, 2009 5:44 am

I wonder what's going to happen to Ki3t? Are they going to store him in a museum or keep him in NBC's parking lot?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Thu May 14, 2009 8:38 am

Avenger95 wrote:According to TVGuide.com.....

Knight Rider will not be returning for another spin in the fall, sources tell TVGuide.com. The reboot of 1980s series drew just 5.76 million viewers with its Wednesday-night finale, a 21 percent drop-off from its September premiere. And this despite some retooling along the way.

An NBC rep had no comment on KITT's rumored garaging.

May 19th can't come soon enough.
I wonder who their sources are. The article itself implies that NBC didn't comment on the "rumored garaging." Their sources could be all the unsubstantiated claims made by other entertainment sources and websites that we've all seen.

Still even if Knight Rider doesn't make primetime, hopefully it will make syndication or be picked up by another station.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu May 14, 2009 11:44 am

These trades never reveal their sources. It could be anyone or it could be no one and they are just trying to add some legitimacy to their claims. I have noticed that very rarely do these source claims turn out to be false. So whether the sources are real or fictitious, what these trades claim is usually dead on. Plus all things considered a 21% drop in ratings from beginning to end even after a creative intervention was made is pretty bad. I didn't realize it was that much.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu May 14, 2009 2:17 pm

well all the breaks and lack of advertising didn't really help much.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2knight
Rookie

Post by 2knight » Thu May 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:These trades never reveal their sources. It could be anyone or it could be no one and they are just trying to add some legitimacy to their claims. I have noticed that very rarely do these source claims turn out to be false. So whether the sources are real or fictitious, what these trades claim is usually dead on. Plus all things considered a 21% drop in ratings from beginning to end even after a creative intervention was made is pretty bad. I didn't realize it was that much.
Still a 21% drop over the course of a season is much better than the drastic drop in viewers that some of the other shows on NBC like Kings had over the course of only a couple of shows. Also, didn't the ratings slowly start increasing again after the reboot even though it wasn't heavily advertised at that point and even though it was up against American Idol?

I think the fact that NBC didn't comment on the fate of Knight Rider shows that there's still some hope no matter how small that might be at this point. If NBC was sure of cancellation, there would be no reason for them not to comment -- especially when the rest of the entertainment world is already making these claims and have been for months. Perhaps they are waiting to see how Knight Rider does in overseas markets as has been mentioned in some threads. Perhaps they are waiting for some of the negative publicity to die down. Also, as has been stated in other threads, Justin has been signed on by NBC for five years and Val also has a contract that would keep him onboard should the show continue.

If we're lucky we'll hear something one way or another next week. My personal belief is that if they do decide to renew the series for another season we may not hear about it right away. They may be waiting to see how Knight Rider does overseas. They may decide to change some things internally like directors and/or writers. I read an article online awhile back that they weren't happy with GST and might replace him. They may bring it in mid-season or for a partial 2nd season trial run. They may take it off the air for awhile land bring it back in syndication like they did with Viper. Maybe another station like Sci-fi will pick it up. Or maybe they have cancelled it and don't want to make it known yet. We can really only speculate until NBC decides to comment one way or another.