Scent Of The Roses question...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Scent Of The Roses question...

Post by whet » Fri May 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi all..

I've just been thinking about the episode"Scent Of The Roses"
When Micheal quits the foundation Kitt outside the Resuant says"I'm on R & R The foundation has no need for me utill they find a replacement for you"

What I thought is,, in that case wouldn't RC have been next in line for Micheal's job?

what do you think???

rwmu
Operative

Re: Scent Of The Roses question...

Post by rwmu » Fri May 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Sounds like a question for the all knowing MC Kros!

MC Kros to the mike please !
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat May 09, 2009 12:17 am

rwmu wrote:Sounds like a question for the all knowing MC Kros!

MC Kros to the mike please !
Now that's flat out childish and not at all necessary, other than trying to incite more crap by intentionally making an inflammatory post, especially in a topic he isn't at all involved in and you should really abide by the old saying you have in written in Greek in your sig. Now to actually be on topic and try to add to the discussion instead of derailing it as what happened to the topic you took part in killing.

Honestly, I never saw RC as a replacement for Michael, he didn't have the experience or expertise Michael had from his years of being a cop. He was more of a bust heads, ask questioning later type. Besides that he was more of a side kick (whom Michael had to save sometimes though IIRC RC saved Michael too) and at points comedy relief who's biggest value was his street smarts and being occasional backup for Michael. But eh, who knows? I don't think that Devon/FLAG had intended on looking for a replacement anyway.

Besides then who would drive the semi? :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Sat May 09, 2009 2:10 am

Sorry about that Whet & PhoenixZero I'm my own worst enemy somedays, and spot on for getting the sig, your right again I should take it to heart its there to remind me as well as others.

Back to the point, I always thought it would have been fun to create RC a Knight Industries vehicle of his own maybe a bike for manuevrability or a van kind of like small version of the Semi to do roads side repairs and back up rather have the Semi parked in obvious places giving the vehicle a motherly personality like KAT-1 could have been fun. But as the main driver I don't think that would have worked he's definately more a Robin charachter than Batman.

As for a Micheal Knight replacement beyond that I think there is a special bond between Driver and Vehicle and I think it would be difficult to find someone with Micheals sense of fair play ,justice and humanity. The wrong person behind the wheel would be a disaster. This is covered really well in the TKR episode K.R.O.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat May 09, 2009 5:23 am

In some respects, The Foundation, K.I.T.T. branch, was all about Michael and his car/partner. It wasn't like they were about to fire Michael, or something. Instead, Kitt was telling a half-lie. Sure, he was "on vacation" until The Foundation could find him "a replacement". However, Kitt was actually there to help see Michael through this rough time...and persuade him into returning.

Of course, if Michael had truly gone his own way from that point, then Kitt would eventually (being Foundation property) be forced to return to active duty with a new driver. (I highly doubt R.C. would be the only name upon a list for the position. Remember, The Foundation has many sub-divisions. Which means many names would come up from places the show never shined a light upon. In fact, just where did they find that "car salesman" of a replacement that Kitt forcefully ejected in Knight in Disgrace, anyhow?) Now, whom it might have been, we may never truly know. Then again, with the endless revivals of KR...that fact, too, may surface, some day.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat May 09, 2009 5:56 am

True, it'd be like Butch and Sundance but with Butch Cassidy being replaced by some guy named Jim.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat May 09, 2009 5:21 pm

i never thought of that. Kitt being there to hellp Micheal..
Mond you in the story of Knight Rider personaly i found RC a pointless addition to the cast.
Just my opion, but I just didn't see the point of having him there.

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:14 pm

Devon was out of action when Michael & Bonnie brought RC3 on board to salvage KITT
and so as in another episode (Knight In Disgrace) there would have been a process to follow in bringing various
candidates on instead.
And at the end of Knight Of The Juggernaut Devon tell RC that he is offering him a job (Michael's sidekick) not an adoption.
One word to the wise - Dont refer to Devon as Devy or KITT as little buddy- LOL.
D. Doggett.