Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Post by KITT » Thu May 07, 2009 2:11 pm

it's like voting for president. if you don't vote, you lose your right to complain about the president. if you do nothing to help the show right now, and it doesn't come back, don't complain about it. you didn't do anything to help.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu May 07, 2009 2:27 pm

post here on the NBC fall lineup boards! no one likes their new shows and chuck and life fans are posting here too.

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showforum=85" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu May 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Just out of curiosity, how many tv shows have been saved from "elimination" through signed petitions in the past?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu May 07, 2009 2:35 pm

why do you care? either participate and help out or don't.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu May 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many tv shows have been saved from "elimination" through signed petitions in the past?
I have to agree, your not showing curiosity, your looking for more 'ammo' to fire back at the guys that are trying to stay positive.
Ok so I'll admit, I'm not that fussed either way if the show is renewed or not, but there are lot of people here that are and that should be respected. They don't need to be told to 'get real' or be accused of acting like they belong in High School or anything similar.
All points of view should be valued but its important to remember to deliver them without ridiculing others.

On the subject of petitions, wasn't there someone from here that organized a pretty big petition that was sent to NBC with a well presented letter?
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu May 07, 2009 3:14 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many tv shows have been saved from "elimination" through signed petitions in the past?
Jericho came back. Invisible Man was released on DVD b/c of the support over the years. It doesn't work often but technically, signed petitions can lead to a positive result. I just think its too late for anything to work for saving this version of KR. One need only look at Bionic Woman to see what I mean. Its the dreaded girl who doesn't return your calls scenario. Is she interested? Is she not? Maybe the electrical circuit in her phone died b/c of a thunderstorm and she's been desperately trying to call you back but can't. You can drive yourself crazy thinking up any number of "explanations" but the simplest one is the one that's probably true. Dude, if she was interested she would call you. NBC hasn't let out a peep about KR, not even saying a decision hasn't been made yet. They're completely ignoring it.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu May 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
Jericho came back. Invisible Man was released on DVD b/c of the support over the years. It doesn't work often but technically, signed petitions can lead to a positive result. I just think its too late for anything to work for saving this version of KR. One need only look at Bionic Woman to see what I mean. Its the dreaded girl who doesn't return your calls scenario. Is she interested? Is she not? Maybe the electrical circuit in her phone died b/c of a thunderstorm and she's been desperately trying to call you back but can't. You can drive yourself crazy thinking up any number of "explanations" but the simplest one is the one that's probably true. Dude, if she was interested she would call you. NBC hasn't let out a peep about KR, not even saying a decision hasn't been made yet. They're completely ignoring it.
But that said, they could quite easily be keeping quiet for a good reason. I'll openly admit I'm new to the whole US TV show renewal process, but surely they wouldn't come out saying 'We are keeping quiet whilst we monitor the success of the show abroad'. By that token keeping quiet may well be for that reason and not because they are ignoring it.

Some might argue that common sense prevails, but hello people, these are TV execs were talking about, since when do they utilize common sense? :-P

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu May 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Thanks Marcus! That's all I wanted to hear.

KITT and chrisjones - I was not being ironic or disrespectful in any way by that question. Just because I don't believe in petitions doesn't mean I'm being negative.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Fri May 08, 2009 1:14 am

Hello There Everyone, :D

Since my last two posts here I have checked several different web sites and none can confirm Knight Rider's supposed cancellation. TV.com has the show in limbo but, not cancelled. That still has to be determined. The problem I have with this web site: "http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a150760/ ... eason.html" is that they have Friday Night Smackdown still listed as a CW show when in fact it has aired on My Network TV since September 2008 so, if they can goof there then they can goof on Knight Rider's supposed cancellation back in December. Funny on how NBC has not comfirmed that. Yet, it bothers me that you all want this show cancelled so bad you will find any obscure website and go with their information insead of checking this site for the accurate truth, NBC since they are the source, and USA Today Newspaper and Website. I am tired of this constant cacellation talk since March. We will know one way or the other come May 19th., 2009 so, let us chill on this for now. Thanks and take care... :good:

Michael P. Nepa :kitt:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri May 08, 2009 1:28 am

Well I cant wait to see Star Trek,looks very good.Im super excited for Transformers 2 tho :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri May 08, 2009 3:23 am

As much as I love a bit of Trek, should we not stay on topic as per forum rules? :wink:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:24 am

chrisjones wrote:As much as I love a bit of Trek, should we not stay on topic as per forum rules? :wink:
I agree.
I saw the Star Trek last night, thoght, and it was AWESOME!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri May 08, 2009 11:41 am

Doh!!! sorry guys

Anyway so how bout that Knight Rider :lol:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Fri May 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Hello There Everyone, :D

I am not sure what else can be said about Knight Rider for now and this constant talk of the show's possible cancellation since March has been done so, I am not sure what more can be said. If it is cancelled we have discussed the various reasons why and if it is renewed which I hope it is then we can discuss that too. So, that is why I brought up Star Trek talk since we will know nothing about Knight Rider's fate until May, 19th., 2009. What more can be said.

Well, take care and have a pleasant day, :good:
Michael P. Nepa :kitt:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri May 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi Michael,

I’ve moved your post regarding the Star Trek movie into the Lounge, and used it to create a new thread dedicated to the film, since this thread is about the news, or lack thereof thus far, of Knight Rider’s future. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Fri May 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Autoblog thinks KR is canceled too. I'm gonna laugh at Alex Nunez on that site if the show comes back. That guy is such a loser dickhead that he went out of his way to crap on the show.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri May 08, 2009 4:10 pm

oh haha, i commented on that site.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Fri May 08, 2009 4:16 pm

KITT wrote:oh haha, i commented on that site.
Alot of the comment posters are jerkoffs too in general. When the site posts muscle car related stuff the word "mullet" almost always gets thrown around. I have yet to see anyone driving a muscle car actually sport a mullet.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri May 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Alot of the comment posters are jerkoffs too in general. When the site posts muscle car related stuff the word "mullet" almost always gets thrown around. I have yet to see anyone driving a muscle car actually sport a mullet.
Why am I not surprised...

The internet, huh? I mean you've got to love it!

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri May 08, 2009 5:56 pm

ahaha, yeah.

Sportzter
Stranger

Post by Sportzter » Sat May 09, 2009 12:05 am

So...Let me start by saying I have had the entire KR08 Series on my Tivo for about 6 months now and hadn't gotten around to watching. Over the last weekend and now this week, the wife and I went on a KR binge and watched the movie again, the all the episodes one by one for the last 6 days.

I can only say that while there were some bumps in the road with this series, it definitely makes the cut for one of the good shows that should stay on. There are some very good merits to this show and they were heading the the right direction. Don't let this one slip away NBC!

-Sportzter

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun May 10, 2009 5:19 am

On another note Southland and Parks & Recreation are still having their ratings go down down down even with very weak competition.... Yet NBC was in a hurry to renew them. At this rate Southland will be doing worse than KR in demos and total viewers if it doesn't stabilize.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/08/th ... ling/18328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sun May 10, 2009 11:53 am

RIP Knight Rider

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... 9235.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On Monday, Silverman said "Life," starring Damian Lewis, has been canceled. Also gone forever are "Lipstick Jungle," "Kath & Kim," "Knight Rider," "Kings," "My Own Worst Enemy" and "Crusoe."

Well at least it's over now. We don't have to lie to ourselves any longer....
Last edited by Matthew on Sun May 10, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: To merge the posts of a new topic into this dedicated thread.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Sun May 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi DevonStyles

I'm afraid this link is already in the Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up thread. Which is where the Mods have ask to keep all the Cancellation/ Non-Cancellation stuff.
Last edited by Matthew on Sun May 10, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To merge the posts of a new topic into this dedicated thread.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Armandox
Stranger

Post by Armandox » Sun May 10, 2009 3:11 pm

If NBC isn't going to continue with KR, then at least they should give it a chance by selling the rights to another party who's willing to continue things... There's possibilities enough out there!