Knight Rider Legends Fanfic...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MKnight1984
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Legends Fanfic...

Post by MKnight1984 » Sun May 03, 2009 11:18 pm

I used to go crazy when I was younger reading the Knight Rider Legends Fanfic... I recentl found a disk that was older than dirt and it had all the Knight Rider Legends pages saved to it... I want to trade them with people in exchange for other Knight Rider stuff... I'm not sure if I should do this though because they're technicly not mine to be trading or giving like this... The gentleman who made them took his awsome site down along with these stories and he probably had good reason to do so... Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated here... What should I do?? lol... Also I'm new to your online community and it' great to know there like minded people out there who love Knight rider just as much as I do... Thanx everyone...

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: Knight Rider Legends Fanfic...

Post by Knight007 » Mon May 04, 2009 4:20 am

put it on eBay. and post the link in here. let every one see. then some one will buy it :lol: Image :kitt:

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon May 04, 2009 6:20 am

MKnight1984 wrote:I used to go crazy when I was younger reading the Knight Rider Legends Fanfic... I recentl found a disk that was older than dirt and it had all the Knight Rider Legends pages saved to it... I want to trade them with people in exchange for other Knight Rider stuff... I'm not sure if I should do this though because they're technicly not mine to be trading or giving like this... The gentleman who made them took his awsome site down along with these stories and he probably had good reason to do so... Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated here... What should I do?? lol... Also I'm new to your online community and it' great to know there like minded people out there who love Knight rider just as much as I do... Thanx everyone...
Welcome to KRO MKnight. :good:

I can't see any harm in passing on the Legends stories, as they are a lost aspect of our community's fictional work that people are once again clamouring to gain access to.

Perhaps someone such as Scott K. or Rusti Knight, who have been working within the fictional realm of our community for a great deal of time, could help in directing you to the author, if that would be a more comfortable route for you to take?
Knight007 wrote:put it on eBay. and post the link in here. let every one see. then some one will buy it :lol: Image :kitt:
Selling someone else’s work isn't an option Knight 007. It's an unscrupulous suggestion to say the least, and clearly not something that our new friend should be advised to do. Image

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon May 04, 2009 7:55 am

Are we talking about the kr legends where its 1998,F.L.A.G. has been reactivated,kitt and karr are put into 98 trans ams and a new guy named Jon is hired to drive karr after his memory is whiped clean?

I loved that fan fic.I still remember going to the library printing new chapters of that series every Friday.Its sad that he never finished it.I always wondered what happened to kitt after being put into an MBS compactor. and his program was uploaded to the phoenix council board.

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Yes this is the Knight Rider Legends Series everyone is talking about just to confirm... I feel it would be wrong for anyone to continue this except for the original author... While I excel and am highly adept at writing I don't feel I could do this story much justice... Although if I really wanted to I could continue them... Does anybody want to get in on this?? I work long days and go to school... I feel like I could be the creative director although I'm not all that good with dialougue I feel with the right people assisting we could brethe life back into this series... I have a vision of this story bringing together 3 generations of "Knight Riders"... Is anyone feelin this?? It can be done, I just need help... Someone to throw some fan pics together of the story, I wouldn't change the original stories but mine would add and retcon some "information" that "may" not have been presented in the originals... Let me know what all of you think... I just don't want to step on the toes of the original author...

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Tue May 05, 2009 11:45 am

Just tell the truth and they might understand. Like Matt said, there are probably many users who could help you find the original author to ask permission.

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Ok... Well if someone can get in touch with the proper parties I'd greatly appreciate this... Thanks...

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue May 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Someone once told me the person who made that fan fic was currently running knight registries so thats one lead you can try tracking down.I read that fan fic at least 10 times when I was printing fan fics from everywhere i could.I read Rusted Trust,that too was an excellent fan fic.Soul Survivor by elfin.I also remember knight writers online had many cool fan fics.I used to print them and put them into binders.I must have had over 2000 pages of fan fics.For me that was one way I felt KR was still alive and entertaining.

On Knight Rider Legends I believe i remember scene when Karr scans through old FLAG history cases and finds the old Karr file.When he tries to open it,it sayts confidential or restricted access.He did see a 82 trans am with the half tone body.I also remember Devon and Karr having an arguement and Karr saying,"You're not my father" as a whisper and Devon shot back,""No, I am not your father, but he would say the same if he were alive. Why are you behaving this way?"I also have the entire series on my pc.I was able to get a copy of it on my pc a long time ago before the sites were taken down.I also have the art he made if anyone's interested in the series or the pics,email me at knightracer2000@optonline.net.

I think can help with suggestions and ideas of where to take the fan fic.I wrote a few fan fics myself.

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Wed May 06, 2009 8:39 am

where can I go to see this fanfic? Sounds great and I haven't read it.

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Wed May 06, 2009 8:48 am

KITTANDBILLYLUVER wrote:where can I go to see this fanfic? Sounds great and I haven't read it.
I too would love to read this series. I hope you guys can find the author and get his permission to post it somewhere, or get him to post it somewhere.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Wed May 06, 2009 11:07 am

Rainack wrote:
KITTANDBILLYLUVER wrote:where can I go to see this fanfic? Sounds great and I haven't read it.
I too would love to read this series. I hope you guys can find the author and get his permission to post it somewhere, or get him to post it somewhere.
pretty pretty pretty please guys...with chocolate sauce and a cherry on top! :)

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:36 pm

I haven't decided what i'm going to do with the fanfics... For those of you who have no idea what the "Knight Rider Legends" Stories were... Back in 1998 (I was in 8th grade lol) A very talented writer happend to pen a 6 part very well written (despite a few grammar issues) story... This was the most popular fanfic of it's time and had one of the largest Knight Rider followings u can imagine... And then for some reason in early 1999 the site shut down and the stories dissapeared for unkown reasons... A select few people out there saved copies of these stories in one form or another... I personally have never read a fanfic as good as the Knight Rider Legends stories... It's just one of those things that was lost to time... I have copies... I just don't know what to do with them other than smile knowing they bring me great pleasure to read... If anyone can find out where this guy is and tell him we're all demanding more maybe he'll come back and finish the stories... The story ended on a very big cliff hanger... Any questions?? lol...
Knight Rider Legends site Logo/header...
Knight Rider Legends site Logo/header...
krlgend3.GIF (139.08 KiB) Viewed 9919 times

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed May 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Man....this sure was a great website......this was actually my favorite Knight Rider fan site back then. The stories, the KITT modded trans-am pics made by common people of America!

What was KARR's favorite band?

The answer is P.I.G.!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed May 06, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm happy i kept all the chapters for each of the stories he wrote along with tons of the artwork. :)

I have both printed and saved copies.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Thu May 07, 2009 12:10 am

Hello!

Knight Rider Legends was written by Chris Brielmaier. He is still over at Knight Registries last I could tell. I remember that series as well.

KRL and a very well known (and still available online) story called Soul Survivor (written by Elfin) both hit the internet around the same time and are commonly thought to be the very first Knight Rider fan fics.

But it was Rusted Trust, by M9J14C7 was online first in 1997, but is sadly no longer available. Soul Survivor still stands as the oldest fic story that is still available for download online.

Some fic trivia for you all :)

Anyway, don't sell the story on eBay as someone said... it's not yours to sell, and most of it isn't Chris' either (since Knight Rider is copyrighted).

Try to get a hold of Chris, let him know you still have his files, maybe he would enjoy putting them back online.

-Scott

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Thu May 07, 2009 11:03 am

yay we know the person! thanks scott!

MKnight1984
Rookie

Post by MKnight1984 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Wow.... Thanks for the input everyone :) ... For those of you who said they have artwork i'd love to see it considering my files only consist of the actual stories and 3 different site banners... I luv downloading different Knight Rider pics and Archiving it for inspiration for when I do my own custom Knight Conversion... Anybody who can e-mail them to me, i'd greatly appreciate it... As I have stated I would never sell or try to profit from anyone elses hard work... I'm merely looking for inspiration in my own Knight rider Projects... I still think that was the best fan fic I've ever read... I don't quite remember the Soulsurvivor fan fic... If anyone would like to trade my Knight Rider Legends stories for the affore mentione ones (i.e. Rusted Trust, Soulsurvior, etc...) then i'd be more than happy to share what I have... I've read writer interviews with the people from TKR and the other KR series... Even though KR2008 and TKR ignore each other they both haven't conclusivley shut each other out from either ones continuity... It is possible to make a story without messing up continuity... Just something I've been kicking around... If you think about it TKR actually fits very well with KR2008... Idk... Just some food for thought...

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Thu May 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Again, let's remember to contact Chris B first before we trade anything of his.

Someone here has the Rusted Trust fic I believe. Sadly, M9J14C7 has dropped off the net, so use discretion if you choose to trade that, and stop all trades immediately if he shows up and doesn't want his fic traded.