Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Post by Matthew » Mon May 04, 2009 11:41 am

Hey guys,

I'm creating this thread to consolidate all of the news regarding the show's return or cancellation. Given that information is starting to leak into the press, please keep all new articles, blogs and whatnot in here. :good:

Whilst I must admit that It doesn't look good for us right now, we have to remember that the fat lady hasn't hit that final chord yet, and as such, there's still hope.

Here's NBC's own announcement on their new line-up, the article in Variety that Sue provided, and the LA Times blog that Neil just sent me.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

2knight
Rookie

Re: Knight Rider News - NBC Announces Their 2009-2010 Line-up

Post by 2knight » Mon May 04, 2009 11:43 am

I just went to the NBC website and they have their fall line up listed. I did not see Knight Rider listed among the returning shows. This is very sad.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

necrophilissimo
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by necrophilissimo » Mon May 04, 2009 11:43 am

Just on NBC site; Featurette of returning shows;

http://www.nbc.com/upcoming-shows/video ... e/1095498/

You can guess twice which show is not on the list :(
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:55 am

The only hope we have, I think, is to wait until May 18 for their full complete lineup.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Mon May 04, 2009 11:57 am

2knight wrote:I just went to the NBC website and they have their fall line up listed. I did not see Knight Rider listed among the returning shows. This is very sad.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Like Matt said the fat lady hasn't sung the final note yet. There might be some glimmer of hope the article said, "Additional series pickups will be announced May 19, when NBC announces its 2009-2010 schedule." http://www.nbc.com/news/2009/05/04/nbc- ... 0-primeti/ With this KITT maybe back on the air. So PLEASE keep the emails and letters pouring in to NBC and MAYBE we can save KITT from the junk yard!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon May 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Indeed,

I'd just like to echo David's call for the campaigning to continue. Remember, one man can make a difference. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Mon May 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Hello There Everyone, :D

Here is part of NBC Fall Line Up as seen on their web site:

"New Series Include Four Dramas: "Trauma," "Parenthood," "Mercy" and the Event Series "Day One" as Well as Two Comedies: "Community" and "100 Questions"

Returning Series Pickups Include "Heroes," "Southland," "Parks and Recreation" and Six New Episodes of "Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday"

NEW YORK CITY - May 4, 2009 - NBC unveiled today a strong lineup of broad and diverse quality programming for the 2009-2010 television season announcing the pickups of six new series featuring four new dramas including "Trauma," "Parenthood," "Mercy" and the event series "Day One," as well as two new comedies including "Community" and "100 Questions." Four returning series pickups were also announced today including "Heroes," "Southland," "Parks and Recreation" and the addition of six new episodes of "Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday" skewering today's top stories in live half-hour primetime shows.

The new and returning series will launch next season and the epic event series "Day One" is slated to premiere out of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games.

"The Jay Leno Show" will be broadcast Monday-Fridays, 10-11 p.m. ET beginning in the fall. Previously announced series pickups include "The Office," "30 Rock," "The Biggest Loser," "The Celebrity Apprentice," "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," "Friday Night Lights," and new alternative series "The Marriage Ref," "Breakthrough With Tony Robbins" and "Who Do You Think You Are?"

Additional series pickups will be announced May 19, when NBC announces its 2009-2010 schedule.

NBC unveiled pickups for the upcoming broadcast season in the first of a series of presentations today and tomorrow to key advertisers from Studio 8H--the home of NBC's "Saturday Night Live"--at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York City. Presentations will continue in Chicago on May 7 and Los Angeles on May 12."

As you can see this is not the full announcement and do not see where Knight Rider is cancelled. As you can see that NBC is making a particial announcement now and the rest on May 19 th., 2009. Hopefully then we can finally put this to rest then.

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kitt:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon May 04, 2009 12:55 pm

Let's hope the overseas ratings are enough to keep it going in the USA.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Mon May 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Hello There Everyone, :D

I have read NBC's announcement over at their web site, Variety, and L.A. Times and nothing there indicates to me that Knight Rider is dead or cancelled? I don't go by what Entertainment Weekly has to say either. NBC has put off a full announcement of the complete fall line up for the next two weeks and a day. Tuesday, May 19th., 2009 is when we will find out once and for all where Knight Rider fits in. I am very tired of all of these gloom and doom posts here. I am going to wait until I see what NBC announces here before I do any thing else. Funny on how NBC didn't say anything about their Tuesday-Wednesday line up. That lead's me to believe that Knight Rider's fate has not yet been decided so, there is hope. The next two weeks will decide the show's fate. Now, chill you all and relax. Hopefully On Tuesday, May, 19th., 2009 we will find out what should be good news. If not, then I feel the show was not given the kind of support it should have had to succeed. :kittconv:

Thanks and take care now,
Michael P. Nepa :kitt:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Mon May 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Seems Chuck is also not on the list, but rumors had it that Chuck will get a new season.
So if Chuck is not there, it could have been canceled anyway or it will be announced later.
This might be important for Knight Rider since at the moment they both share the same fate, standing at the edge of cancelation and not being announced to return yet.

Not everything is lost, Knight Rider still might get a second season. Let's hope so.

kevinfr
Stranger

Post by kevinfr » Mon May 04, 2009 1:03 pm

remember that Matt said : ' Additional series pickups will be announced May 19, when NBC announces its 2009-2010 schedule. '

Wait and see. we haven't no choice. :?

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon May 04, 2009 1:43 pm

but you can also comment all you want on the NBC site asking for knight rider.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jimmags
Volunteer

Post by jimmags » Mon May 04, 2009 1:45 pm

Knight Rider had its best ratings as an NBC event movie! It might be wise to bring it back
as a 2 hour movie every 5-6 weeks or so. They could bring the car back with alternating
drivers or something like that to "spice" it up.
Keep on "riding"
Jimmy Mags

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon May 04, 2009 1:47 pm

alternating drivers?
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon May 04, 2009 1:48 pm

chuck is getting a lot of noise. we need to make some knight rider noise over there, people.

jimmags
Volunteer

Post by jimmags » Mon May 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Each episode something traumatic has happened in someones life. They wake up,look out the window
one day and see a mysterious figure standing next to a black Mustang. They rush out side and there
is a note with a set of keys telling them they have a week to fix what is wrong,after that the car will
be taken back. It's something I came up with that's a little different. Obviously,America didn't take to the
latest version of KR.
Keep on "riding"
Jimmy Mags

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon May 04, 2009 2:17 pm

eh, i think that misses the whole premise of the show, though..

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon May 04, 2009 2:35 pm

KITT wrote:chuck is getting a lot of noise. we need to make some knight rider noise over there, people.
How exactly are people making noise over Chuck? Are they doing the same things as we are with e-mails and letters, or is there something else that they are doing that we can too?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Mon May 04, 2009 2:44 pm

I've just read the upfronts on one of my country's biggest TV-show webpage and it says:

"Cancelled: America’s Toughest Jobs, Chopping Block, Crusoe, ER, Kings, Lipstick Jungle, Momma’s Boys, My Own Worst Enemy + possibly canceled, but hasn't been announced: Knight Rider, Life, Superstars of Dance, Howie Do It, Kath & Kim."

I hope may 19th will bring us good news. It's just doesnt make sense, when none of NBC's shows are doing well. Heroes struggles too. KR has loyal fanbase, it has a solid ratings now and it can get more, if there are good&interesting episodes with serious promotion. Where the hell did go the "I'm shiny", "KITT happens" and slogens ike that?

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon May 04, 2009 2:45 pm

Well Im goinga wait till May 19th,nothings for sure yet.We can only hope.

Wonder if the DVDs are still goinga be released?
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Mon May 04, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm fairly sure that the DVD of season 1 will definatly come out either way. I e-mailed NBC and Ford about 3 or 4 times each this morning. I think everyone else should do the same....again! ;) I wonder if someone could take out an ad in a popular paper asking for KR to return?

ianruk
Rookie

Post by ianruk » Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 pm

i was just about to write about this when i saw it

looks like the proff is here

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a15484 ... 09-10.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knight rider is not mentioned in this

then if you look at this link

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a150760/ ... eason.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it has the shows of all networks which have either been picked up (in green)

shows that havent been decided yet (in amber/purple)

shows that have been axed (in red) and if you look down for knight rider it is in red which (axed in december) wrote next to it

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Mon May 04, 2009 3:57 pm

I guess we should all sign in and post for a second season for Knight Rider.
http://www.nbc.com/news/news-from-you/submit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's what the Chuck fans do.

So let's start writing over there. :kitt2:

KITT_Vs._KARR
Operative

Post by KITT_Vs._KARR » Mon May 04, 2009 4:18 pm

ianruk wrote:i was just about to write about this when i saw it

looks like the proff is here

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a15484 ... 09-10.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knight rider is not mentioned in this

then if you look at this link

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a150760/ ... eason.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it has the shows of all networks which have either been picked up (in green)

shows that havent been decided yet (in amber/purple)

shows that have been axed (in red) and if you look down for knight rider it is in red which (axed in december) wrote next to it
Right, but if you click on the (more) tab next to it, you read info about KR and it also says this:

"As with Lipstick Jungle, NBC has refused to confirm that Knight Rider's season cut back signals the end for the show."
There is the best, then the Rest!

ianruk
Rookie

Post by ianruk » Mon May 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Right, but if you click on the (more) tab next to it, you read info about KR and it also says this:

"As with Lipstick Jungle, NBC has refused to confirm that Knight Rider's season cut back signals the end for the show."
thats so true i didnt see the 'more' tab however the more tab is from december 4th and since this is from april isnt it a more update?

however is the deadline for this this month? so they could change thier minds or havent updated the full season yet?