Great News for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Great New for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:30 pm

The GT500 rear bumper cover is the same as the California Special one, only the GT500 has is painted black on the lower portion of the sides.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:58 am

Sue wrote:
taoworm2323 wrote:Orb update :good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFyPfg10p6E&fmt=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is looking so cool! :good:
Thanks Sue!
Check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znCMoynvM9U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:42 am

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:
Sue wrote:
taoworm2323 wrote:Orb update :good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFyPfg10p6E&fmt=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is looking so cool! :good:
Thanks Sue!
Check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znCMoynvM9U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Taoworm, I just watched some of your youtube videos, in particular the Center Console Graphic. Just as some of the others were asking about the HUD interacting with the car's systems, does/did the center console graphic interact with the car, GPS, radio, bluetooth phone, etc?

I had tossed around the idea of creating a portrait touch screen program that would mimic the graphics/images from the pilot's center console, but could be tied in to Outlook's/iMac's addressbook contacts, wi-fi, bluetooth phone technology, GPS, voice recognition, climate control, and even the car's own system monitor computer (i.e, low gas, warning lights, etc.) and building my own replica of the pilot movie KITT (thus avoiding the HUD issue). Of course, I have to buy a Mustang first.... hmmm

Just wondering. Thanks.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Mines just a graphic for car shows or driving around to impress friends. It will not be functional. However I can switch between that video and my carpc and get real GPS data as well as touchscreen controls for the entire Mustang.

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:34 pm

Taowrom, that was really awesome. Good work man.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:33 pm

Thanks!
This is what I am going for guys....

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:11 am

Actually, I really like that "hybrid" style look! Taoworm2323, your voice globe is fantastic.. It nearly made me cry to think of the possibilities..

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:06 pm

I've seen the real scanner in person. BIG difference from the cheaper ones! Looks amazing!!!!!!!!
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

buckolaci
Recruit

Post by buckolaci » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:00 am

Excellent work Taoworm. I would LOVE to buy one of the 20 units you're making. I've been a fan of Knight Rider for 19 years and finally I might be able to live the dream. I'm working on a Mustang KITT conversion and would be honored to have one of your Custom Orbits in my replica. You can email me through KRO if you like.
Thanks
:lol: :dash:
One man can make a difference

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:01 pm

buckolaci wrote:Excellent work Taoworm. I would LOVE to buy one of the 20 units you're making. I've been a fan of Knight Rider for 19 years and finally I might be able to live the dream. I'm working on a Mustang KITT conversion and would be honored to have one of your Custom Orbits in my replica. You can email me through KRO if you like.
Thanks
:lol: :dash:
Cool! The more KI3T replicas the better! Someone should start a thread for us to post pics of our replicas and view the progress.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iphoneowner
Volunteer

Post by iphoneowner » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:15 pm

Yes, I would like to purchase one also. When it is ready, could you email me the link?
iphoneowner@ymail.com :kitt: :good:

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:00 pm

Hey, for those of you building your KI3T replicas and ordering GT500 front end kits (like from CJ Pony), you might notice that the bottom grill doesn't have the two silver holes as the GT500KR/KI3T has. I think I posted a question about finding such a grill a while back in this thread, but I found a place that you can get the actual silver holes - called bezels - directly, with instructions on how to insert them into the bottom grill (you'll need a hole saw). They come in clear anodized, black anodized and polished.

They're sold by JLT Performance at http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/index ... cts_id=166

GT500 Grill Bezel.jpg
GT500 Grill Bezel.jpg (36.49 KiB) Viewed 45606 times

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:42 am

Another source for buying a GT500KR hood:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Extrem ... 718/616764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They've listed it as a GT500 hood, but they've pictured a KR hood.

jeremy223
Rookie

Post by jeremy223 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:27 am

Hillbankmotorsports.com has the lower grill with the holes pre-cut. Does anyone know where to find the Shelby signature headrest covers or the blue dash neons?

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:04 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the steering wheel for the Series. Of course installing this will get rid of the Airbag but it does look awesome! :P

http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_n ... 9258.0.0.0

jeremy223
Rookie

Post by jeremy223 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:02 pm

I just began my road to a Knight 3000 replica by ordering the steering wheel! One part down,many more expensive parts to go.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:12 am

jeremy223 wrote:Hillbankmotorsports.com has the lower grill with the holes pre-cut. Does anyone know where to find the Shelby signature headrest covers or the blue dash neons?
Here is the part code at Hillbankmotorsports.com:

CODE: SHE-7S3Z-17K945-AA

You may still want to get the bezels to put in, as the holes don't have anything in them.

The headrest covers are specific to the GT500KR. You'll probably have to go to someplace that can copy the embroidery (like a clothing printing shop - like those in the mall that will take any logo and put it on a hat). The blue dash neons you can find at PepBoys or the same websites that sell the hood scanner light (they all have interior lighting as well).

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:18 pm

Hmm Hillbankmotorsports is an hour away from me.Im wondering when I start my replica if I can pick the parts directly from them?
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

mikey
Volunteer

Post by mikey » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:07 pm

FLAGCEO wrote:Another source for buying a GT500KR hood:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Extrem ... 718/616764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They've listed it as a GT500 hood, but they've pictured a KR hood.
Be VERY careful when it comes to getting a replica GT500KR hood. I've been researching and either the quality in the hood isn't there, or the company is beyond shady.

The Duraflex hoods fall into the latter category. I emailed them asking for actual shots of the hood since none of their vendors could produce any short of those 3 Ford Production Shots (which are NOT the DURAFLEX KR hood pictures, but rather the real KR hoods). And they never responded.

I've heard from more than a dozen people that the TruFiber Venom hoods (another KR Replica) are hit or miss in terms of quality, and if you don't spot it before you accept the package from the delivery guy, you are beyond boned in getting it replaced.

Good luck and if you do get the Duraflex, let us know how it works out will you? I'd love for a good KR hood to become available.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:10 pm

I'll be getting the Trufiber Venom hood soon. Apparently there are 2 or 3 versions of the hood. The more recent version is a much higher quality piece than the original. However, as with any fiberglass hood, inspect it very carefully upon delivery!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:35 am

Interesting with all the Mustang aftermarket shops in the area,its almost easier for me to get it in person then to have the stuff delivered,hence I can see the qaulity before I buy...just a thought.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:48 am

Slade wrote:Interesting with all the Mustang aftermarket shops in the area,its almost easier for me to get it in person then to have the stuff delivered,hence I can see the qaulity before I buy...just a thought.
That's a good situation for you man. Look at hoods they have available and already made. Use that as a guide to see how quality their pieces are. I wish I could be in the same boat.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Well you already got your KI3T started...I would love to start on mine but with the way things are lookin who know when thats goinga be :?

Its diffrent for everyone...

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Slade wrote:Well you already got your KI3T started...I would love to start on mine but with the way things are lookin who know when thats goinga be :?

Its diffrent for everyone...
I hear that. I'm beginning to think I should have saved what I have on my KI3T right now...
After this month, I won't be able to make any progress on mine for another 2 or 3 months due to finances. :evil:
Hope things pick up for ya man...