Deanna Russo - Funny or Die?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Deanna Russo - Funny or Die?

Post by neps » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:14 pm

Looks like Deanna has been hanging with bob odenkirk - here's a funny thing that happened:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e57ec7 ... -episode-7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

totally get her twitter avatar now.

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Re: Deanna Russo - Funny or Die?

Post by Alex » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:29 pm

Very funny, I think that Deanna was joking with the jury in American Contestant...because the program is the true American Idol and judges are Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul (she is very pretty!), Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson.

The Deanna Russo is beautiful and funny.

Alex.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:19 pm

lol!
Gotta love the makeup!
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:45 pm

:lol: I watched this earlier but I didn't realize there was more than one part so I was wondering where Deanna was. Damn I'm slow... Anyway, good stuff. Guess that explains her avatar.... Haha, now I see you thought so too.
Alex wrote:Very funny, I think that Deanna was joking with the jury in American Contestant...because the program is the true American Idol and judges are Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul (she is very pretty!), Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson.

The Deanna Russo is beautiful and funny.

Alex.
Yes Alex, it was a parody... :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:20 pm

At the end, it made it worth saying it was "funny". If it wouldn't had been for that outburst, it would've been an instant "DIE" rating.

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:13 am

Maybe she should use the outburst on mike :D
Show's Over...Go Home!

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:09 pm

That was funny!!!!!!

OMG, I just love the over the top make-up!
Good job!!!!!!!!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:14 pm

neps wrote: totally get her twitter avatar now.
Yup :)

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:16 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:That was funny!!!!!!

OMG, I just love the over the top make-up!
Good job!!!!!!!!
Actually I remember that look being quite popular in the 80's :)

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Cosidering that I was only like 7 back then...I really wasn't paying that much attention. :)

I still love the WHOLE outfit and am planning to maybe consider it for next Halloween! That would be Awesome! :)
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:54 am

My_Friend_KITT wrote:Cosidering that I was only like 7 back then...I really wasn't paying that much attention. :)

I still love the WHOLE outfit and am planning to maybe consider it for next Halloween! That would be Awesome! :)
just make sure to add a big KR logo on the back with the phrase "inspired by a KR" :lol: Image :kitt:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:11 am

I thought it was a bit silly and not all that funny to be honest. She makes for a bad comedian lol.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:58 am

There's no doubt that she's beautiful but that stunt she pulled of at American Contestant was no way in hell funny! It was silly and a bit freaky! I wonder how she's going to clean up her act after that (yes I know it was a parody of some sort but her behavior will certainly lift an eye brow on people)?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:11 pm

You realize the "American Contestant" thing is a parody itself right? What do you mean "clean up her act"? It seems like it went right over your head there....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:06 pm

PHOENIXZERO - Did you miss this?

quoting myself
yes I know it was a parody of some sort but her behavior will certainly lift an eye brow on people
You can be funny without acting crazy and cursing all over the place. Do you want me to count the f-words she threw in? Again, I know this is a parody but there is a limit. I've never seen that side of her and that out burst she had could very much mirror her own behavior when she's upset (i.e. away from the camera).

To me it doesn't matter whether it's a parody or not. What do on camera in terms of personality and behavior could not be any different from your normal life. Take a look on "When Scott moved in with Hasselhoff". In the documentary Hasselhoff claims that Michael Knight was indeed himself from top to bottom. He did the Michael Knight character as if it was himself in real life. Point being, your actions on camera mirror your own personality.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:58 pm

No, I got that but way you worded that was referring to her actions as a parody but at least to me it still looked like you thought the "show" itself was something serious, perhaps that's just me. Have you ever seen the auditions for American Idol because it seems you haven't so this is still going over your head. That was basically spoofing a good amount of the attention whores that go to audition and have these kind of moments, it's just amped up a little.

All the Hasselhoff thing means is that he was just playing himself, just like he pretty much did on Baywatch and like a lot of actors and actresses with limited range do. Portraying a character, especially something like a nut auditioning for that show there's plenty of "inspiration".

Just one example of the clowns that audition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1cTW2MFAJA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:32 am

Actually it seems that you're way over your head. I've seen American Idol and I'm following every season as soon as it's aired in my country. On top of that I've seen America's got talent (both seasons) and Britain's got talent; although, I haven't seen American Contestant before but I guess it's very similar to AGT and BGT (mentioned above). American Idol is a serious show and the fact that people like Ian Bernado shows up to audition doesn't mean the show is a parody. People like that will always appear in these auditions, parody or not! After all they want to find America's best singer not America's best clown. AGT is about talent in general so it includes other than just singing but hey even here we get to see clowns trying to show their so called "talent". So don't tell me I haven't seen the shows cause I am and if you think Russo's behavior is perfectly normal that's your opinion, not mine.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:31 am

I think we're all taking this waaaaaay to seriously. Funny or Die is a humor site, one that TONS of celebrities are featured in videos on.

If you think for one second this will affect her career in a negative light, that's just plain silly. We're all entitled to our opinion if it was funny or not (hence the point of the site - funny or die, videos can be banished from the site for not being funny enough). This is lighthearted humor, don't read too deep into it.

We should all take a step back and realize there are more important things to focus our energy or not then arguing about this - humor is a personal opinion/taste.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:30 am

If you think for one second this will affect her career in a negative light, that's just plain silly.
With all due respect neps but that's not what I meant. Having said that and to avoid any further confusion since I'm obviously on a different page what regards moral and ethics on camera I'll end my involvement in the discussion here, unless anybody wishes to continue.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:13 am

I know I should drop it buuuuut.... I can't resist. :twisted:
Knight-Armen wrote:Actually it seems that you're way over your head. I've seen American Idol and I'm following every season as soon as it's aired in my country. On top of that I've seen America's got talent (both seasons) and Britain's got talent; although, I haven't seen American Contestant before but I guess it's very similar to AGT and BGT (mentioned above). American Idol is a serious show and the fact that people like Ian Bernado shows up to audition doesn't mean the show is a parody. People like that will always appear in these auditions, parody or not! After all they want to find America's best singer not America's best clown. AGT is about talent in general so it includes other than just singing but hey even here we get to see clowns trying to show their so called "talent". So don't tell me I haven't seen the shows cause I am and if you think Russo's behavior is perfectly normal that's your opinion, not mine.

EDIT: I'll just cut all that out for the sake of "peace". Besides that paragraph above and your new post says it all and there's no point in arguing with a brick wall.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:28 am

I know I should drop it buuuuut.... I can't resist.

EDIT: I'll just cut all that out for the sake of "peace". Besides that paragraph above and your new post says it all and there's no point in arguing with a brick wall.
Here's a perfect example of someone who can't accept another person's opinion and is most likely to get involved in an ass kicking contest.

Hey Phoenixzero I know I shouldn't... but I just can't resist :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 am

I don't see what a contest having to do with kicking asses (I'm guessing you mean donkeys) has to do with having a difference of opinion, even when the opinion isn't the issue, but whatever I'm just going to put you back on ignore.

Now back to the ass kicking thing, why would anyone kick a donkey? Or would this be a contest of seeing who can take the most kicks from a donkey? :?: :?: :?:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:12 am

I don't see what a contest having to do with kicking asses (I'm guessing you mean donkeys) has to do with having a difference of opinion, even when the opinion isn't the issue, but whatever I'm just going to put you back on ignore.

Now back to the ass kicking thing, why would anyone kick a donkey? Or would this be a contest of seeing who can take the most kicks from a donkey?
You don't get anything do you? Why bother to explain something to someone who doesn't even understand what the issue is at hand? Donkeys... ?

Go ahead, put me on ignore and spare me the energy!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Gentlemen,

I think it’s fair to say that enough is enough.

To have the final word on this, American Contestant is to American Idol, what Tina Fey was to Sarah Palin last year, so, the only eyebrows that will be raised by Deanna’s performance, will be those of the people who didn’t know she had the comedic timing necessary to be able to work on that kind of show.

Thus, if anything, this performance will help her future, not hinder it.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?