Outsider's View of the Knight Festival

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kitzira
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Outsider's View of the Knight Festival

Post by Kitzira » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:32 pm

I just saw this in the corner of woot.com's main page. One of their bloggers went to the Knight Festival and has several blog entries and photos.

http://www.woot.com/Blog/?cat=Miscellanea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just thought it'd be interesting for an non-KR-fandom person's view of the festival. Even though it's very tongue-in-cheek.
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Re: Outsider's View of the Knight Festival

Post by Tiger Warrior » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Whoever made the blog missed the point totally! What the heck was he thinking of calling a car with horns (hence, a horny car) cooler than KITT (and I'm a KARR fan!) To each with their opinion but really now, what the heck?!?!?!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:22 pm

Just me or does that come off as rather mocking more than anything?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:23 pm

I think that it is pretty interesting to see a view from someone who is not a Knight Rider fan. And one gets some good chuckles out of it.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:22 pm

I know and again, what the heck? Is it upsetting, heck yes! Is it stupid someone would post something like that on a KR website, no joke! We got two options, a) get mad and talk about how to beat someone up or bash on the net or b) make fun of his stupidity! One wastes less energy getting mad, than laughing about an idiot who is not a KR fan making comments like that.

In the Army, I've learned that a) there are better things to be mad about out there than a retards' post (such as getting shot at or blown up) and b) there's this thing called "Freedom of Sppech". We may not like what people say (wether smart or stupid) but it's their opinion, their writing and they got to live with the consequences of their stupidity. If this individual doesn't like Knight Rider, than he can take his comments, his crap and get the "F" out of our forum. Too easy!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Well I'm glad he got such a kick out of our badge anyway. But I'm kinda glad the most attention I got from him was my feet in his Justin butt photo.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:37 pm

He did what now?

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Tiger Warrior wrote: If this individual doesn't like Knight Rider, than he can take his comments, his crap and get the "F" out of our forum. Too easy!
I think you were missing the point.

The person isn't in our forum, killing our dudes.

It's just simply a link to a blog about an outsider looking in.

It's for the amusement of us, and what non-fans prolly thought of the KR festival.

Some of us might do this to an anime con, renaissance fair, or star trek convention.

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Kitzira wrote:
Tiger Warrior wrote: If this individual doesn't like Knight Rider, than he can take his comments, his crap and get the "F" out of our forum. Too easy!
I think you were missing the point.

The person isn't in our forum, killing our dudes.

It's just simply a link to a blog about an outsider looking in.

It's for the amusement of us, and what non-fans prolly thought of the KR festival.

Some of us might do this to an anime con, renaissance fair, or star trek convention.
I'm tno saying he's killing our dude or nothing. I'm just makin g the point that there is no need to get so sensitive about a person's personal opinions. If you see some of the postings others put n here, it seemed to me they are being a bit touchy over nothing. Some people need to lighten up and just laugh it up from people who don't get why we like what we like here as a whole (in this case, Knight Rider).

:karr:

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:03 pm

I am agreeing with Tiger on this. All it is is another view of the convention from someone who is not a Knight Rider fan. It is all in good fun, and they just wanted to see what it really was all about. It is like being able to laugh at yourself.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:10 pm

Tiger Warrior wrote:I'm tno saying he's killing our dude or nothing. I'm just makin g the point that there is no need to get so sensitive about a person's personal opinions.
See, I read in your comments that you were getting sensitive about someone's personal opinions.

Elsewise, I see no whining or bickering.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:14 pm

Sue wrote:Well I'm glad he got such a kick out of our badge anyway. But I'm kinda glad the most attention I got from him was my feet in his Justin butt photo.
Say, at least you didn't get any embarrassing pics taken with your undies hanging out this time :mrgreen:

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:36 pm

Well for a good blog on the fest, try here....

http://blog.vegasondemand.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:45 am

I think we need to hear every body. people who love KR, and people who dont stand KR.
the way I see it, the other type of people always give you a point that was totaly off your mind. it always happens to all of us, some one from outside simply states something that we didnt pay attention for even though its very clear infornt of us, got me?
But this, at the same time, doesnt mean we let people who their only perpose is to attack the show just for the fun of it.
Image :kitt:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:48 pm

weeezl wrote:
Sue wrote:Well I'm glad he got such a kick out of our badge anyway. But I'm kinda glad the most attention I got from him was my feet in his Justin butt photo.
Say, at least you didn't get any embarrassing pics taken with your undies hanging out this time :mrgreen:
Amen to that. :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Sue wrote: Amen to that. :mrgreen:
lol

If you feel like the fans are missing out on undie shots in any way , I could always re-post the pictures for ya :mrgreen:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:32 am

weeezl wrote:
Sue wrote: Amen to that. :mrgreen:
lol

If you feel like the fans are missing out on undie shots in any way , I could always re-post the pictures for ya :mrgreen:
Isn't there a baby you should be ironing.