2010 Mustang for KR season 2 - my suggestion

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

2010 Mustang for KR season 2 - my suggestion

Post by Garthe Knight » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:15 am

Ok, I know there were many discussions what car would be best for KITT. I had some problems with the 2008 Mustang GT500 KR at first, but I really get used to it.
When I saw the Camaro I immediately thought, it would be a great KITT, basically because it had the air intake in the front that would be a good place for the scanner. But not everyone likes the Camaro or they like the Mustang better, and I can see why. The Mustang is cool.

So now there is the 2010 Mustang, which looks really great. And what better way for Ford to promote the car than use it on KR.
And when I saw the Roush tuned 2010 Mustang I had this vision, hope you like it:

IMHO it is the best choice for KITT I've seen so far.

NN11
Operative

Re: 2010 Mustang for KR season 2 - my suggestion

Post by NN11 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:15 am

that mustang is a design study by roush but still looks awesome due to the front end & the hood
but i doubt that ford will use that instead of the mustang GT500 they made with shelby

http://jalopnik.com/5173899/roush-musta ... at-mustang

this just might be a display aftermarket part's.
but still it look's awesome for the new ki3t body
hopefully they will ruin ki3t on the first episode of season 2 and put his computer in that roush car

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:04 am

KITT needs restructure surgery after every season to be the hot new model every year? Come on....

Besides that, Motor Trend videos of the 2010 GT model show it's performance a little more sluggish compared to the 2008 GT model. I know, crazy, right? After all the improvements, it's under classed compared to the current Mustang. But speaking of the improvements, I really don't like the curving of the front angles on the 2010 GT. The 2008 is sharp....a very attractive Mustang, and possibly the best model we've seen during this decade.

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:12 pm

KnightINSTINCT wrote:KITT needs restructure surgery after every season to be the hot new model every year? Come on....

Besides that, Motor Trend videos of the 2010 GT model show it's performance a little more sluggish compared to the 2008 GT model. I know, crazy, right? After all the improvements, it's under classed compared to the current Mustang. But speaking of the improvements, I really don't like the curving of the front angles on the 2010 GT. The 2008 is sharp....a very attractive Mustang, and possibly the best model we've seen during this decade.

2008 Shelby FTW!!! :good:
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:14 pm

what's wrong with shelby cause it's pretty rare everyone has a mustang but not alot have shelby.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:51 am

I love the shelby ,I got to say this is nice
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Garthe Knight wrote:Ok, I know there were many discussions what car would be best for KITT. I had some problems with the 2008 Mustang GT500 KR at first, but I really get used to it.
When I saw the Camaro I immediately thought, it would be a great KITT, basically because it had the air intake in the front that would be a good place for the scanner. But not everyone likes the Camaro or they like the Mustang better, and I can see why. The Mustang is cool.

So now there is the 2010 Mustang, which looks really great. And what better way for Ford to promote the car than use it on KR.
And when I saw the Roush tuned 2010 Mustang I had this vision, hope you like it:

IMHO it is the best choice for KITT I've seen so far.
Woah, that is pretty sweet, nice work! :good:

B.R.O
Recruit

Post by B.R.O » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:32 pm

I'd say giving KI3T a remake as big as swiching the chassi to a 2010 Mustang would be a bit too much of a strech and would just simply feel like an oversized ad to a lot of people. The original KI2T never got any re-designs as big as this, it only got a new "voice modulator" and dash as well as the the Super Pursuit and convertible modes.

The only way of advertizing the 2010 Mustang without making it look like too much of and ad would be featuring it as a prototype "sibling" to KI3T like the Knight Alpha (KA) Ford Ka in TKR.

/Off-topic
Does the 2010 still have the godawfull Mustang suspension the feels like having your shoes tied together when going around corners at above 50 mph?
/end of Off-Topic

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:03 pm

helllll no. Like KITT just the way he is. 08 GT500KR. 8)

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:27 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:KITT needs restructure surgery after every season to be the hot new model every year? Come on....

I agree with you, KITT doesnt have to have a make over for every season. KI2T didnt get any, just small modifications that Improve the performance. but nothing BIG
Image :kitt:

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Knight007 wrote:

I agree with you, KITT doesnt have to have a make over for every season. KI2T didnt get any, just small modifications that Improve the performance. but nothing BIG
Image :kitt:

Again, 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500KR FTW!!!! The lines look much smoother on the 2008 then on the 2010. I do agree that it would be too big of a change for KITT.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Is this photoshoped or real ,I read it but still dont really get it straight
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:58 am

Heehee, thanks. It's photoshoped. I just wanted to see how the Roush Mustang Concept would look as KITT because I really liked it.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:54 am

It looks very realistic ,Great job

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:40 am

It would have been a smarter move by NBC to use a brand new body style. But KI3T has been created. Changing the body style would now be too much of a leap unless KI3T is destroyed. The nano morphing could be used to create a SPM mode using the 2010 body style I guess though :good:

I really like the pic, but KITT has to have black wheels :).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Thales
Stranger

Post by Thales » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Shelby is the best!

500GTKR
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by 500GTKR » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:55 am

gt500kr is the best KITT till date..........
coz it looks so realistic that i first thought KITT actually exists coz if u carefully observe the front bumper,it has 2 camera like things..... and the front laser on the hood is really amzing guys......
so i really think ford mustang shelby gt500kr is the best for KITT

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:27 am

Don't get me wrong, I really like the 2010 Mustang here. But Ki3t looks better in the 2008 Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500KR. The lines are sleeker and the car isn't rounded off like every other single car that's made. That's one reason I love muscles, they are boxy. My personal opinion and I don't care what others think. But yeah, I don't think Ki3t should get a new body just after the first season. Ki2t didn't, and so as to be equal Ki3t shouldn't. Maybe a few upgrades here and there, but nothing big. And as for those rims, I seriously want the rims that Ki3t has. They are HOT! If and when I get my own Shelby, I want those. And another thing, the Shelby Cobra is rare. Where I live there are a ton of regular black mustangs with the silver racing stripes, but I have yet to see a Shelby Cobra with the hood scoop like Ki3t. In fact my neighbor has a Shelby, not a Cobra, but still a Shelby and one of these days I think I am going to beg him to let me either take a ride in it, or even drive it (even if it's for 5 feet). I so want a 2008 Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500KR, because it's the King of the Road, just like Ki3t!

I know that was probably very cheesy...but it's my opinion.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shockwave
Volunteer

Post by Shockwave » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:00 am

I think this would look good with a little tweaking as a KR2008 Super pursuit mode. Good photoshopping!

knighttransam
Volunteer

Post by knighttransam » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:20 am

its hard to make kitt "the car of the future" out of a car thats a redisgned version of a 64 model,atleast the 82 was was orignial and aerodynamic.just my 2 sents and the camaro or vette would have made a better version and wouldve brought on more fans but cant change the past :kittside:

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:15 am

remember GM didn't want there name attached to the knight rider franchise again

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:52 pm

While it looks interesting, I like the one they used in the show. :D :)

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:54 pm

how about this for a 2010 version of KITT http://tinyurl.com/yhrmnes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;