Where can i get Michael Knight wrist watch?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight56
Rookie

Where can i get Michael Knight wrist watch?

Post by knight56 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:42 am

Or one that looks close to his? i always wanted one like his..or does anyone know any info on the watch? :good:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Where can i get Michael Knight wrist watch?

Post by weeezl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:44 pm

viewtopic.php?t=7892

Not sure if this is still valid or not its an old post

Ive seen the orginal watches they used to make the comlink with on ebay but they go for an absoloute fortune.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:45 pm

I use a Casio Data Bank 300.It looks to me as close to that watch as anything out there.People may believe you are talking to someone on it with the amount of buttons on it.They stopped making them in 95 but they go for 60-70 dollars.The new ones are cheaper which just goes to show the old tech may be better than new tech.One for Kitt!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:53 pm

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:18 pm

BradleyWatchRadioWatchWicke[1].jpg
BradleyWatchRadioWatchWicke[1].jpg (41.55 KiB) Viewed 43840 times
ebay-gala-radiowatch-1.jpg
ebay-gala-radiowatch-1.jpg (48.14 KiB) Viewed 43875 times
watchart_web.jpg
watchart_web.jpg (210.82 KiB) Viewed 44009 times

I did extensive research into the different forms of Michael Knight's Communicator Watch and I found that while there were several knock offs (Armitron and Gala were some of them), the watch seems to have originated from a AM Radio Watch made by Bradley for Star Wars which featured R2-D2 and C-3PO on the face. It was also re-released later for Return of the Jedi (see image) with Ewoks and contained a plug on the side where you put in the headphones. From what I can gather, they placed a specialized sticker over the face of the watch for Knight Rider. You can clearly see the AM radio dial and the plug in the close up stills of Michael's watch in my artwork for the book.

Check ebay, that's the best way to find this watch but since people know what the significance of it is, it's highly sought after and will run you between 125-200.00 to get one. You can also try to cruise some Star Wars collectables forums, sometimes they pop up on there as well. Ebay also has a "want it now" option that will also help you locate a watch but again, they don't come cheap.

Hope this helps you out.

=VK=
:dash:

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:43 pm

VK is correct. They are hard to come by. However, I currently have 15 in my collection. Sorry, none are currently for sale.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Dukeboy320
Rookie

Post by Dukeboy320 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:49 pm

there usauly pretty spendy too

knight56
Rookie

Post by knight56 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:58 am

Thank you all for your great help thanks for your time and research. This helps alot.

kurt1977
Stranger

Post by kurt1977 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi,
I actually have the original watch which i bought myself back in 1982 :D
its quite similar to these watches but the design back in those days was not as technical as the ones here.
It does not feature a built in radio. the main feature of the watch is the knight rider theme tune.
i have kept this watch in nice condition through the years but as anyone will tell you, there was a weakness in the buttons.. after a week or two they wouldnt work very well at all. i ended up buying three within about 2 months but only one survives to this day. :(

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:42 pm

kurt1977 wrote:Hi,
its quite similar to these watches but the design back in those days was not as technical as the ones here.
It does not feature a built in radio. the main feature of the watch is the knight rider theme tune.
i have kept this watch in nice condition through the years but as anyone will tell you, there was a weakness in the buttons.. after a week or two they wouldnt work very well at all. i ended up buying three within about 2 months but only one survives to this day. :(
Perhaps you you should put it on Ebay unless you plan to keep it, Im sure it would fetch a good sum.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:36 pm

My post is an older post but I just want to clarify that at the time I had made the Communicator Watch graphic, I was mistaken. The Michael Knight Communicator watch was actually based off a AM Radio watch made by Advanced. I already corrected this oversight in The Knight Rider Companion before it went to print (notice the older KRC logo which was also reworked) but just to avoid confusion, the Star Wars Bradley watch is actually not the same watch from the show.

You can tell the difference between an Advanced Watch and a Star Wars Bradley watch by the position of the seconds. The Advanced Watch (which is correct) has the seconds positioned in the upper right corner. The Bradley watch which is incorrect has the seconds positioned in the lower right corner.

Visually speaking, except for those traits you wouldn't be able to tell the difference with the custom sticker they created for the show placed over the watch face.

Thanks go to Mark Puette for pointing that out before I put the book into production.

=VK=

caljediknight
Recruit

Post by caljediknight » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:46 am

Check this badboy and how much it went for....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0328404057" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone should find out how to make these :)

Dan

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:22 am

caljediknight wrote:Check this badboy and how much it went for....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0328404057" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dan
- And it's not even the correct watch (clearly a Bradley) but to the average fan, no one would really notice at first glance.

=VK=

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:38 am

Nick,
Thanks for the credit.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Victor Kros wrote:My post is an older post but I just want to clarify that at the time I had made the Communicator Watch graphic, I was mistaken. The Michael Knight Communicator watch was actually based off a AM Radio watch made by Advanced. I already corrected this oversight in The Knight Rider Companion before it went to print (notice the older KRC logo which was also reworked) but just to avoid confusion, the Star Wars Bradley watch is actually not the same watch from the show.

You can tell the difference between an Advanced Watch and a Star Wars Bradley watch by the position of the seconds. The Advanced Watch (which is correct) has the seconds positioned in the upper right corner. The Bradley watch which is incorrect has the seconds positioned in the lower right corner.

Visually speaking, except for those traits you wouldn't be able to tell the difference with the custom sticker they created for the show placed over the watch face.

Thanks go to Mark Puette for pointing that out before I put the book into production.

=VK=

KittCARR
Recruit

Post by KittCARR » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:37 pm

One of those watches went for $960 a few months ago. Excellent sale for the vendor.

Joey.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3236658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Wow!,
That's a lot of money to spend on a watch that has an incorrect letter I in the word TRANSMIT. Oh, well. Some people don't do their homework before hitting the bid button.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

caljediknight wrote:Check this badboy and how much it went for....

Dan

kurt1977
Stranger

Post by kurt1977 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:33 am

Hi :)
I'm still not sure about selling it yet.. It's like the only thing i kept from when i was a kid.
maybe i should get the buttons fixed professionally before i decide to sell.

would anyone like to see a photo of my Knight Rider watch..??

keep in mind this is a real official watch and not a replica fake like the others ive seen here :)

:good:

i'll check back here in a few days and read the latest messages and add a photo if anyone wants to see :good:

weeezl wrote:
kurt1977 wrote:Hi,
Perhaps you you should put it on Ebay unless you plan to keep it, Im sure it would fetch a good sum.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:13 pm

I'd love to see a picture of the watch you have.
A friend of mine has made one like the one on TV and is casting some and thinking of putting them on ebay. They look really good, even with the offset seconds.

Chris

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:09 pm

corlando52 wrote:I'd love to see a picture of the watch you have.
A friend of mine has made one like the one on TV and is casting some and thinking of putting them on ebay. They look really good, even with the offset seconds.

Chris
can we see a sample of your friends watch?

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:31 pm

stelios_z28 wrote:
corlando52 wrote:I'd love to see a picture of the watch you have.

Chris
can we see a sample of your friends watch?
I will ask him if I can post a picture for you here.

Chris

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:42 pm

OK, it's still not finished, but you'll get an idea of how he's doing:
What do you think?
What do you think?
comlink05a.jpg (56.24 KiB) Viewed 42051 times

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:26 pm

corlando52 wrote:OK, it's still not finished, but you'll get an idea of how he's doing:
comlink05a.jpg
Hmm...that's different but I do have one word of advice for accuracy. He shouldn't have "ENGAGE" and "TRANSMIT" in italics, unless he's going for his own version of the watch.

Nice work though. I realize it's still in early stages of development.

=VK=

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:20 pm

The proportions of the watch are off too.The small grate next to the word engage is too huge vertically.The top faceplate needs to be black instead of grey.

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/Knight-Racer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;