Lipstick Jungle Cast gets official Cancellation Notice

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

March2875
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Lipstick Jungle Cast gets official Cancellation Notice

Post by March2875 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:24 pm

According to an interview with Brooke Shields on E ONline.com The cast of Lipstick Jungle officially found out about its cancellation Thursday evening. Perhaps the verdict on Knight Rider's fate either way isn't far behind. Still hoping for a SEASON TWO.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Lipstick Jungle Cast gets official Cancellation Notice

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:27 pm

Wasn't this confirmed almost a year ago during the same time we heard about My Own Worst Enemy getting the axe?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:48 pm

NBC is losing shows fast.............My Worst Enemy, Lipstick, Chopping Block.............supposely Friday Night Lights, Hereos is struggling.

Way to go NBC, way to go.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:23 pm

If they're losing shows, then that means they are losing money, which means if we fans don't continue taking strong actions, we will lose Knight Rider.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:04 am

keep sending letters!
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:45 am

GT500KR wrote:NBC is losing shows fast.............My Worst Enemy, Lipstick, Chopping Block.............supposely Friday Night Lights, Hereos is struggling.

Way to go NBC, way to go.
Are you joking about Heroes and Friday Night Lights? If not HAHAHAHAHA I never liked that crap anyway. :twisted:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:00 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:If they're losing shows, then that means they are losing money, which means if we fans don't continue taking strong actions, we will lose Knight Rider.
Maybe they are cutting dead weight to save it for the KR, you never know.
maybe lighting did strike and they decided to save money by cutting all this and spend some of it on KR.
Dont forget, we have Ford on the balance too, hope they get to say something about it Image :kitt:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:35 am

Heroes is still around and getting another season since it's still doing better than pretty much everything else. Friday Night Lights is being kept alive due to the DirectTV deal NBC has.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:40 am

Lost Knight I think your right. There was also however, an interview with Ben Silverman at one time that they were shopping Lipstick Jungle around like they did with Friday Night LIghts and the Directv deal. Perhaps the cast was holding out hope that somebody would support it and it could come back. Perhaps that fell through.

welshKITT
Volunteer

Post by welshKITT » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:25 am

NBC recently renewed 'Heroes' for another season only cause they are happy with the ratings it has in other countries (I don't watch it but I came aross the news on the BBC website) so hopefully they will wait to see how Knight Rider does in other countries first before deciding whether or not to keep it on air.

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:22 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Heroes is still around and getting another season since it's still doing better than pretty much everything else. Friday Night Lights is being kept alive due to the DirectTV deal NBC has.
We really don't know that forsure, that FNL's will return, it does worse in the rating than KR08...That is a speculation that directtv could save it however it comes down to if that time slot is better suited for another show then the'll oust that show.. Personally KR08 should be in the Friday night timeslot with advertising...FNL's would be a great show for USA network it kinda reminds me a bit like smallville...

We are still panicing about KR getting cancelled...The longer that we don't know the better chance it will be renewed for a second season, if KR was really that bad we would have known a long time ago..

So everyone I have said this before RELAX!!! Take a breath!!! I love KR just as much as the next guy or gal..But hey it will be ok..I gotta a feeling....

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:28 pm

One last thing about the Wednesday night time slot that KR08 was on...

Let's put it this way...

If they wanted to test a shows so called durability, that time slot that KR was put in the Wednesday 8pm slot was that slot...

I don't know of any other time in primetime that is worse then Wed 8pm..KR did pretty well and best of all held its demo and viewership....

So in the words of durability KITT's nano skin could have branched out to the Wednesday 8pm onslought and could have save it, thats stretching it however a funny analogy...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Ontario Knight wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Heroes is still around and getting another season since it's still doing better than pretty much everything else. Friday Night Lights is being kept alive due to the DirectTV deal NBC has.
We really don't know that forsure, that FNL's will return, it does worse in the rating than KR08...That is a speculation that directtv could save it however it comes down to if that time slot is better suited for another show then the'll oust that show.. Personally KR08 should be in the Friday night timeslot with advertising...FNL's would be a great show for USA network it kinda reminds me a bit like smallville...
Friday Night Lights was saved last year by Direct TV and that was the point of what I was saying, FNL is being kept alive by DirectTV, it was the reason it was renewed last year and why it'll probably get another two seasons. It might not yet be a 100% reality but FNL's chances are certainly better than KR's due to the dealings with DTV and not having people screaming for it to be canceled. Not to mention the show is almost certainly cheaper to produce.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/exc ... frida.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Knight Rider > football any day.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:06 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:Knight Rider > football any day.
I gather you haven't seen Friday Night Lights, one of the best shows on TV, IMHO. It's not really about football. Incidentally, two of the writers on KR were (and still are) also writing for FNL.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:29 am

conversely, "Friday night lights " was renewed for another two seasons...
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:01 pm

Yeah, strange I couldn't find something more recent since I made that post on the same day the story actually came out.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... 1&nid=2854" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:20 pm

I have heard that Ford is the only auto company that isn't asking for bailout money and said they will be ok. So with that, and the fact that NBC and Ford are "together" on the KR thing, maybe that might convince NBC to keep KR for another season. I hope so!

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:54 pm

depends on how many sales they can attribute to the show.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:33 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I have heard that Ford is the only auto company that isn't asking for bailout money and said they will be ok. So with that, and the fact that NBC and Ford are "together" on the KR thing, maybe that might convince NBC to keep KR for another season. I hope so!
Ford is fine, they got money coming in from Major sources.........American Idol, Barrett-Jackson Car Auctions, the All-Ford Nationals in Carlisle PA over the summer.

Ford was going to take the money since they gave it out, but denied it since they are fine...........also Ford has many subdivision underneath that helps.........Shelby automotives, Foose, Roush Racing, Steeda, etc....

Yea they are hurting like GM because no-one is buying, but they are not dying like GM
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:12 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:Knight Rider > football any day.
You have a point there. I do watch FNL sometimes, and IMO, it's very well done and probably the second best underrated TV show in my book, after Knight Rider (which is number one).

I call KR underrated because it doesn't get much positive coverage much, and it's not given much attention by the media.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9