Knight Rider Festival 2010

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Festival 2010

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:17 pm

I'm hoping there will be a KR Festival next year. My KI3T replica should have a fully completed exterior and most interior pieces by then. A road trip to Vegas for a KR festival in KITT seems like a dream come true!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Re: Knight Rider Festival 2010

Post by Slade » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:41 am

I have to agree.Even if I havent started on my replica by then I would still go for the fest itself :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

1991firebirdkitt
Recruit

Post by 1991firebirdkitt » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:46 am

I'm looking forward to going to Las Vegas again next year I had lots of fun meeting and talking with KITT car owners and the people who actually worked on the original show.
Big Thanks to Paul Casey for putting this together, it was over 25 years in the making. :good: :kitt:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:19 am

That would good to watch. this time we had only the cars from KR08 but alot of KI2T. if next time we get to see a mix of all the KITTs :lol: what would be something Image :kitt:

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:05 am

Has it been confirmed that the festival will reappear? Or was this a one-off event? I really hope it makes a reappearance regularly, giving those of us halfway around the globe to save up and come to one of them :)
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:43 am

i will attend the festival next year if it happens again!also we can arrange for some pre-meeting all the fans of europe and then go all together!i don't know!i wish i could take my replica with me..but this is as much expensive as to buy a new replica when i arrive on the states!!

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

stelios_z28 wrote:i will attend the festival next year if it happens again!also we can arrange for some pre-meeting all the fans of europe and then go all together!i don't know!i wish i could take my replica with me..but this is as much expensive as to buy a new replica when i arrive on the states!!
That's a class idea I have to say! I'm not sure about finances but I'll certainly try my best... if I have to drag Vicki kicking and screaming to it I will lol! ;)
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Realm
Recruit

Post by Realm » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:27 pm

According the official KR Festival website, 2010 looks like a sure thing! I was proud to have attended this historic event and will attend next year as well if it is confirmed!

I wouldn't mind having all the guests from this previous event come back again, they were all so very humble and glad to be in Sin City for a special cause and of course for all the fans!

Some guests I wouldn't mind having for next year would be Paul Campbell, Smith Cho, and Patricia McPherson.

Somebody make it happen! =)

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:30 pm

After receiving a PM from Paul KR Festival 2010 is a go!!!! I'll be driving next year though.

The Mayor has proclaimed March 21st as Knight Rider Festival Day but it's on a Sunday next year :) :?
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Realm
Recruit

Post by Realm » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:44 pm

Wow! Looking forward to it next year! YAY!!!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:30 am

Alright Im for sure taking off work for this...not to mention Im 2 hours away from Vegas so it shouldnt be an issue.

I would of loved to have gone to this last one but couldnt...work was just to hectic.I am looking forward to meeting you all next year tho,thats for sure :good:

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:21 am

This year's KR Festival was the very best event I have been to.
I loved it!
If it is a go next year, I will soooooooo be there!
Thank You Paul Casey!!!!!!!!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:13 am

Ya know the Knight Rider Festival in 2010 will be missing one thing...the car from the 2010 movie not a favorite among the people of the KR world but still bears the name and from what i saw of it last it sits in a junk yard in California :(

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:07 pm

I would like to see a more broad spectrum of replicas at next years event. I think KITT\KR is more than just a T/A. When I was registering my car I told the younger guy I had a plain 08 Silver mustang and he laughed and said it wasn't a replica because it wasn't a GT500KR?!?! I then asked him if he ever watched the pilot? Heck the hero car they had from NBC wasn't a GT500KR either :). I even made sure the rental we got was silver just for this reason. I think any car that you have put a good amount of work and thought into and have a strong fan base into Knight Rider should be allowed. Paul said it was also for "The cars from the future" show and There was plenty of room on Fremont for more. I don't think anybody was disappointed when the Delorean showed up as it was a work of art.

I was even surprised by the actions of the crowd as my convertible sat with it's top down the whole time. Parked right in front of the Krispycream Doughnut shop, I was expecting to get back and find a half eaten doughnut in the drivers seat but I didn't get anything!!! Now I really would rather see a stock car than a "riced out" version with nothing pertaining to Knight Rider or just a scanner slapped on the front. I would also like to see a Ford dealership promotion with the new Warriors in Pink Mustang, Red 2010 Mustang, Flex, and F-150 in black for next year with scanners :). Even an attack mode KITT with light bar would be awesome.

I know I'm stretching things wanting my MR2 in the show but I seen Glen originally wanted a Datsun Z so who knows :).

I love the T/A's though and keeping them separate from the Mustangs was a great move as these cars require the most work to become "Star Cars" and I enjoyed them the most :). Never seeing a true KITT replica until the festival.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Awesome.

So wait the scanner is on the rental car or the silver mustang like from the Pilot?Im confused

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:03 pm

Slade wrote:Awesome.

So wait the scanner is on the rental car or the silver mustang like from the Pilot?Im confused

Hehe I installed one of my homemade scanners on the rental. The pilot never showed the scanner on the silver mustang though just when it was morphing from the black car :). I also had a Knight plate but I removed it for fear of the police when we left Fremont street :).

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:03 pm

Cool so it musta been a quick install then,easy to get in and out right?

Was Knight plate real ?

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:16 pm

i dont think there will be a festival next year.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:21 pm

why? the festival website says see you in 2010.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:38 pm

KITT wrote:why? the festival website says see you in 2010.
Does it,I see.Iheard allot from people saying it wont happend like only in 2 years
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:35 pm

MR2NR wrote:I would like to see a more broad spectrum of replicas at next years event. I think KITT\KR is more than just a T/A. When I was registering my car I told the younger guy I had a plain 08 Silver mustang and he laughed and said it wasn't a replica because it wasn't a GT500KR?!?! I then asked him if he ever watched the pilot? Heck the hero car they had from NBC wasn't a GT500KR either :). I even made sure the rental we got was silver just for this reason. I think any car that you have put a good amount of work and thought into and have a strong fan base into Knight Rider should be allowed. Paul said it was also for "The cars from the future" show and There was plenty of room on Fremont for more. I don't think anybody was disappointed when the Delorean showed up as it was a work of art.
Nice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzTbGU_vEdE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I kick myself every time I get on this forum now, for not going to the KR09 Festival and planning on going to the Mustang 45th Anniversary in Birmingham next month. You can bet that I'll be making the road trip to Vegas next year!
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:35 pm

ozikool wrote:
KITT wrote:why? the festival website says see you in 2010.
Does it,I see.Iheard allot from people saying it wont happend like only in 2 years
Not sure where you heard that. We asked Paul in person and got a definite yes for next year. He also posted here on the forum about it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14185#p173860" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Realm
Recruit

Post by Realm » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:50 pm

Looks like it's green lit!! Time 2 book them hotels and build them replicas! =)

tigersharka
Operative

Re: Knight Rider Festival 2010 RETURNS

Post by tigersharka » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:53 am

KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL 2 RETURNS MARCH 2010.

I will post the exact dates later this year. Again...we thank you for your support and look forward seeing everyone in Las Vegas. Please pass this information on and encourage all KITT owners to start now so they can bring their cars.

I look forward seeing you in Vegas!

PARTY WITH KITT!
Paul Casey
KRF Producer
:kitt:
Paul
http://www.lasvegascarstars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May 16-17, 2014 Las Vegas, NV
"Only Las Vegas"

Slade
FLAG Assistant